[1.3.5 Patch] BUG - Colonel Vorgath

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing they "fixed" the probes kinda like how they "fixed" gift of the masters. After all, who needs the only piece of content keeping many guilds together to be working on lockout reset day? Clearly not Bioware because we got story and alts to level. Thank god for those lower legacy level caps that were patched in today.

Bright side? At least we won't have to spend as long lagging through Denova tonight since we can't complete half the raid...

Also confirmed on The Red Eclipse.

FFS EA & Bioware!!!!! First the matrix cubes that where totally lost out of nowhere.. Now a 3rd boss bugged and no further progress possible...

PUT BUG FIXING ON MAIN PRIORITY AND TEST THOSE UPDATES BEFORE LAUNCHING THEM!!!

Really quite amazed how this got through test!? Seriously you guys need to improve your sw release process, you will and probably already are loosing customers over this kind of thing.

Personally i'll give you a little more time to sort out the quality issues, this is the first game I paid for where I dread seeing the "patching" notice. Please improve your performance as I feel it will be the death of SWTOR and a stain on BW previously good reputation.

Edited by Lacrol

Good thing they "fixed" the probes kinda like how they "fixed" gift of the masters. After all, who needs the only piece of content keeping many guilds together to be working on lockout reset day? Clearly not Bioware because we got story and alts to level. Thank god for those lower legacy level caps that were patched in today.

Bright side? At least we won't have to spend as long lagging through Denova tonight since we can't complete half the raid...

HI SANG!

-Cleavon

Shouldn't we get free play or refund for that kind of issue ? Cause at the moment we're still all paying suscribers and we're paying for a service that is not provided to us.

And what will happen when f2p will be out ? Will paying suscribers will pay for broken features ?

Edited by Klomyz

Shouldn't we get free play or refund for that kind of issue ? Cause at the moment we're still all paying suscribers and we're paying for a service that is not provided to us.

And what will happen when f2p will be out ? Will paying suscribers will pay for broken features ?

No to both questions.

Edited by Solar_Breeze

And they wonder why they are losing subs?

It's not the first time they "fix" something, just to break it completely.

This stuff happens in all MMO's not just here. If you had any knowledge in gaming (Which I highly doubt.) You would know that MMO's are the heaviest with coding and changing the color of an item from blue to green could do as much as break your inventory entirely.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

This stuff happens in all MMO's not just here. If you had any knowledge in gaming (Which I highly doubt.) You would know that MMO's are the heaviest with coding and changing the color of an item from blue to green could do as much as break your inventory entirely.

Except most MMO's dpn't release things like this live intentionally. They actually test it internally, or through a public test server. Things actually being broken completely are pretty rare with the successful MMO's now, except this one of course.

See here for another broken item: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=517230

All today's patch.

Edited by pure_laced

Except most MMO's dpn't release things like this live intentionally. They actually test it internally, or through a public test server. Things actually being broken completely are pretty rare with the successful MMO's now, except this one of course.

See here for another broken item: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=517230

All today's patch.

I think I found the problem sir.

That is a null argument. I work in quality assurance so I know that bug free software is a myth. However this is a very clear case of an engineer not testing his code and QA not doing its job. The fix was supposed to make probes spawn more consistently. Instead they no longer spawn. So not only did it not fix the issue it also broke existing functionality. Any capable tester worth his salt would have seen this happening. Even if the engineers have a big issue coding this then at the VERY least QA should have seen this.

The issue with the matrix cubes was also something that could easily have been seen by a default testing 101 update test. Again it is so blatantly staring people in the face that I for the life of me cannot understand why it was not caught. If I make mistake like this I can pack my bags and go find another job.

Again it is so blatantly staring people in the face that I for the life of me cannot understand why it was not caught. If I make mistake like this I can pack my bags and go find another job.

Oh it's a good bet this will happen here. Every server's chat is full of hate about the issue right now, and there are similar threads running on the general forum already. This mistake is going to cost them quite a bit,

I consider myself to be VERY patient with this game, but I have kinda reached the end of my thether now.

Please dont say all MMO's have these sorts of issues, I played WOW for 4 years and there were some very minor bugs but nothing like this, this is just incompetence and a lack of testing (caused by funding issues?).

I am bored enough with end game content, the guild has been farming it for months on mains and alts, to not be able to play it after a "fix" is just ridiculous.

So is the ticketing process.

This game has so much potential, just logged WOW and realised how old the game is compared to SWTOR, but I fear with EA pulling the purse strings and no passion for developping this game and now with the F2P thing being progressed my fears are playing out, absolute disaster.

The game is great, but EA have shown absolutely no faith in it and now they are force choking every last penny out of it.

I too am in the software biz. I know bugs happen. Unintended consequences sometimes bite you in the rear. No matter how hard you try you cannot test ALL variations. However...

This is just utter bush league!

Your QA must be non existent if a code change goes live that was meant to fix something but actually breaks it. This is grounds for termination in my opinion. You are a world class software company and this kind of stuff occurs regularly!

How many people's whole weekly raid schedule did you just screw up? If you don't fire someone for this please IM me their phone number because I have some encouraging words for them.

Edited by Docmal

Hello everyone. We have been able to confirm your reports that players are currently unable to complete Explosive Conflict due to this issue. We're working to deploy a fix for the problem in the near future. Thanks for your understanding!

Thank you for confirming. Sounds likely there will be maintenance tonight or tomorrow night.

EAware why do you keep breaking things with every patch? Your superiors should be fired for releasing such half assed untested fixes and patches.

Their patches have been pretty good overall. This is an exception. For a game where patches break everything, give EverQuest a try.