Phases for World Bosses?

Earlier today I assembled 3 ops groups for the world bosses on Alderaan, Tatooine and Nar Shadaa (1 ops group for each planet since almost everyone left the group when we moved to another planet). When we got to the spawn areas we found out (by asking around) that a level 50 had just soloed them. It was very annoying since we had to wait a long time to be able to kill them.

The reason why I'm posting this story here is:

I thought "Well... There must be other people having the same problem. And the 50's who're soloing the bosses are ruining it for the players who’re at the appropriate level."

Before going any further with this thing I have to say this: I don't have anything against soloing world bosses at all - I even did it myself once! But then again I didn't want to ruin it for other people.

So my idea is that BioWare should make phases for the world bosses - Yes I know it's not just a minor thing 'cause it'd take some rearranging of the map - but hey - that's what patching's for! So instead of the world bosses having a very long respawn time, the phases should have a cooldown for each person who's slain the boss in their phase. But in order to prevent mass re-runs from different phase owners (you know where you change the story owner), the ops should own the phase so that every guy in the group gets a cooldown. This would also prevent people from soloing it and then joining a group. It would make for a ‘world-boss system’ similar to the one we see at the moment, but with the possibility for all people to do it when they want.

Now that was my idea. I'm glad to share it with you, and hear what you think about it. And I'd also like to know if you've had the same problem! :)

Ps.: What is the respawn time? Can't remember :p

A simpler solution would be just to have maybe a 10 level cap on the bosses. If someone is over 10 levels, then he cant attack the boss.

Really, there is no justification for 50's to solo low level bosses.

But what if your a bit of a completionist and are looking to fill out your codex entries

A simpler solution would be just to have maybe a 10 level cap on the bosses. If someone is over 10 levels, then he cant attack the boss.

I like this idea best. World bosses are there to promote competition between raiders. To instance them would be taking that away. But the guy above me also has a good point. So maybe make it so after 10 levels you get absolutely no benefits other then a codex entry. That will deter most 50s from soloing them more then once.

Edited by Soluss

I like this idea best. World bosses are there to promote competition between raiders. To instance them would be taking that away. But the guy above me also has a good point. So maybe make it so after 10 levels you get absolutely no benefits other then a codex entry. That will deter most 50s from soloing them more then once.

As you said yourself it'd deter most level 50's from soloing them, but would that also deter the people who do it for fun? Because that was why I soloed them once - to see what the bosses looked like.

I was wondering myself what to do with the "ops race", but I just couldn't find a better solution than to instance the bosses and discard the "ops race".

In my opinion this prevents most bad things from happening. And I'm looking for a system that makes it able for everyone to say "Hey! We'll do this world boss on monday!" - and then if a level 50 had just soloed the boss monday morning, it would be impossible for these guys to do it. This system with instances would allow casual players, who don't play that much, to pick a date in the calendar with their friends and do the boss - I think that things like these would open the game for a much wider audience.

But you know - it's just an idea :p

• 6 months later...

Old thread, but the same ****. I assembled a group of people ready to take down the WB on to find 50's soloing them, even the one my group of 8 stood in front of. This is utter ********. Why the **** should I continue to play a game that I get raped by my own team?

If you're a 50 doing WB's during prime time you are the biggest Douche I've ever met.

As for the designers that allow this, by making 50's impervious to damage from lover levels, **** you you lazy ****s. You've lost my sub. Totally, I see no reason to get ****ed everytime I play a game I pay for, and more and more often that's what happens. So yeah, you've officially lost my sub.

I have only soloed one boss and that was my first 50 at 4:00 in the morning. I tried to set up an ops group on my alt, for balmorra two 50s waited for us to to get a group together and they killed it TWICE!!! The thing that pissed me off is theses guys were new 50s 11k hp each who im guessing were to afraid to try an HM FP

My fun is more important than your fun. Sorry that is a lot what this thread sounds like.

Now in the case where a group was setting up to pull and a 50 pulled first that is low, but if a group is there first, then it is their boss to pull. Open world World Bosses are just that open world, part of the achievement in killing them is dealing with elements beyond your control. Are they up? Is someone else going to pull? Will an opposing fraction be there and attempt to flag your group from the AoE exploit?

Recently my guild got a group together to kill Dread Tooth, flagged imps ran into the AoE of one of our commandos, this quickly got the healers flagged. We spent the rest of the fight dealing with the imps shooting and pulling our healers away from Boss. I was one of the healers and I am far from moaning about it, it was great fun and the most memorable world boss fight I have ever participated in. We killed Dreadtooth and got the Codex, but I died shortly after the boss died and was unable to loot.

You want to moan about 50’s soloing lower level World Bosses? Then get lower level toon to stop going to Voss and pulling Nightmare Pilgrim and stop asking 50’s to come kill world bosses with you. My sawbones was on Coruscant for the Gree event, I must have gotten invited and whispered to like 10 times in 10 mins to help them kill the world boss. Worse thing about it, I did help them (heal only no dps).

I frequently farm the World Boss in Taris when I'm tired of running HMs/Ops. Ninety-nine percent of the time I announce in /1 chat that the WB is up and I would join an Ops group once someone starts it [ I no longer start Ops group because it's too stressful to keep everyone in check as to not attack WB while others are not here yet ] as a healer. I wait couple of minutes and if there are no responses, which surprisingly has happened before, I solo it. If there's another instance, I announce it again and apply the same measures.

If BW does nothing to resolve the issue with 50s taking on WBs, then I suppose what I'm doing is a good method to ensure fairness. Then again, it all depends on the person playing.

I would like to see them instanced. Giving players on planets the chance to group up and also letting guilds have World Boss events. It can be a pain when you plan a world boss run, get members to sign up then go to the planet and its not there, and you have no idea when its going to respawn. Instances will solve that issue for us

Man I'd love phases for world bosses, but it won't happen because of some pvp ******* crying about how they won't be able to interrupt a world boss attempt just for the sake of it, then claim that it's world pvp.

I have no problem with world pvp, but 2 or 3 people messing up a world boss attempt even just by giving the Trauma debuff is not world pvp.

Inb4 someone tells me to reroll to a pve server if I didn't want world pvp. (these are the type of people I'm talking about).

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

• 2 months later...

Now that there is a Three WB Weekly with 2.0, Bioware needs to redo the way WB are fought. All of them need to be instanced with a 1 per week lockout. Period!!! Problem solved. It wouldn't be too hard to make the entrance to the are be an instance.

Xeno is instanced, as well as the new one on Makeb being instanced. Thats how they all need to be done, because getting this weekly is a pain having to park for up to 2 hrs waiting.

pfff.. Just remove the Weekly on WorldBoss hunting and there will be much less 50+ lvl players running for WorldBosses

So you want to lock players out from getting codexes and achievements later if they happened to miss them? Thats really pretty selfish.

A dozen worlds and multiple instances and you sit for two hours waiting for a respawn?! Look in the mirror to find the problem here,

Because only the lower lvl WB's can be soloed. That's why. Not every planet has more than 1 instance all the time. Problem?

The point of world bosses with timers on them is so that there is a challenge to them... of course, now they're going to the once-weekly world boss format (which I'm fine with), but nothing was better than seeing three guilds go at Nightmare Pilgrim to see who could down him first, and the sad expression of the other two as they walked away sad.