Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stealth Classes are UnBalanced

RyanReagan
12.04.2012 , 04:27 PM | #101
when is operative dps going to get a buff? sheesh.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

TripleCharged
12.04.2012 , 04:39 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
So you can beat the bad stealthers (aka your counter classes aka you are better than them) but you cant beat the good one (aka they are better than you) so the classes are overpowered.

Its nothing personal and I'm sorry if my comment hurt you but the post I quoted was sent by the super amazingly retarded side of your personality.

You clearly stated that you can beat some because you are better then the,=m and cant beat some because they are better than.

Have you ever played any sport? If the answer is yes, I bet every player/team that was able to beat you/your team were all cheaters
I was never good at any sports I played so when I lost is was my fault.
When I get killed by someone simply because they have a class that sucks at everything except trying to kill me that is just dumb. Every class should be able to counter every class. My gunslinger doesnt excel at any specific class, it excels at putting out amazing dps on people. If that person decides to come and kill me I have a few escapes and stuns but for the most part I am just meant to DPS. If a melee person walks up to me and I do not move, they will kill me because that is what they are good at. But as a good player I know how to get away from them, but they still accomplished their goal of getting me out of that battle. I hate it in games when I get killed by something that I have no control over. And having a class that is made to simply kill me and be annoying is just dumb. Stealthers have no real roles other than stealth capping from newbs and singling out weak enemies to kill them. Their purpose may be helpful in some situations but it is annoying having anything in game that makes me die just for playing a class I want to play.

Altheran
12.04.2012 , 04:43 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by TripleCharged View Post
A stun out of stealth that knocks me out for 4 seconds seems to give me less than 20% resolve.
It can't exist. Out of stealth stuns are just the same that the other Advanced Class also gets.
If you don't have any problems with CC from Sages/Sorcerers and Snipers/Gunslingers, then you can't have problems with stealthers since it's the same stun they use.

criminalheretic
12.04.2012 , 04:47 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by rgizzie View Post
I play a shadow as my main and I will tell you the best thing to keep me from going stealth. Hit me with a bleed so even if I go into stealth I will come out on the next tick of the bleed. That is what a good player does. I am full WH and squishy (I play infiltration and think balanced is for wimps) and only with a good healer am I indestructible.
You mean bleeds like that one Mara spec that no one plays anymore?
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

TripleCharged
12.04.2012 , 04:53 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
It can't exist. Out of stealth stuns are just the same that the other Advanced Class also gets.
If you don't have any problems with CC from Sages/Sorcerers and Snipers/Gunslingers, then you can't have problems with stealthers since it's the same stun they use.
I worde that wrong, I meant a stun that pops the stealther out of stealth.
Whatever operatives shotgun blast is I think. Its one of the stuns they have to be in stealth for but its not an 8second mez.

stephenalandavie
12.04.2012 , 04:55 PM | #106
Stealth classes, Are you kidding me?

Your moaning because stealth classes are getting a jump on you.

Well i will say this you need to be more observant, for starters your a gunslinger correct? well you are basically a turret which makes you an easy target for them. I know i always go for snipers, sorcs, and other turret based classes who do a lot of casting.
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

Altheran
12.04.2012 , 04:57 PM | #107
I worde that wrong, I meant a stun that pops the stealther out of stealth.
Whatever operatives shotgun blast is I think. Its one of the stuns they have to be in stealth for but its not an 8second mez.
So then, this stun lasts 2s only. It's why it builds half the resolve a 4s stun would. (40% of the resolve bar on a target that not been controlled before)

Blasphemerr
12.04.2012 , 05:58 PM | #108
I don't understand why all the pug snipers are MM/SS ...Sab/Eng melt stealth, and really everyone else for that matter.
Something pretentious.

ezrafetch
12.04.2012 , 07:45 PM | #109
I was never good at any sports I played so when I lost is was my fault.
When I get killed by someone simply because they have a class that sucks at everything except trying to kill me that is just dumb. Every class should be able to counter every class.
Ever heard of rock, paper, scissors? Without these sort of AC matchups, you have everyone as basically the same class, and more importantly you have game imbalance. GS will feast on Juggs, Maras, PTs, and most other ranged DPS for that matter, on top of being insane node defenders as Sab/Eng and general utilitarians. So therefore you have one weakness: stealthers. Either figure out how to more effectively fight stealthers or accept you have a bad matchup there and move on by getting your teammates that have good matchups (i.e. PTs, Maras, Juggs) vs stealthers to help peel for you when needed.

To use another example: I haven't touched the game for 5yrs, but Magic: the Gathering follows the exact same principles for balance. You may have great matchups vs 80% of the meta, but you just get absolutely boned by one deck/archetype. You can either shore up your matchup by improving your deck and SB/tightening up your play, or just accept that your matchup blows and move on. It's a similar (albeit on a much less complex level) concept with class balance in SWTOR.

SWTOR is a team-based PvP. Balancing ACs on matchups as you're proposing (OMG NERF STEALTHORZ THEY OWNZ RDPS) would be awful for the metagame, especially come Ranked and if they ever implement them, Arena-style modes.

Shoogli
12.04.2012 , 08:00 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
So then, this stun lasts 2s only.
Actually it lasts 1.5s only...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]