Tomb of Freedon Nadd - EU

Kyemin

Eric, if you are reading this.

What your input on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd - EU situation?!

I think you ought to know, that many players that try to return to the game, like me and so many more that you can see in our Server Forum, endup in a dead end between the 1000CC per char transfer, and the emptyness of game content, speacially on our hard fought first day battlemasters, if you know what I mean.

I am, tend to be, a subscriber but I wake up in a Server without people. How is Bioware going to fix this or is it true what Dave from Support tells me, that you accept this situation for it being sezonal and due to the next expansion expected affluence?!

I heard a few promisses from all of you. During the game development, at game start, at patch 1.2, when F2P came in play...

The answer I get from support is that I have to wait almost 2 years to have my family (characters, with legacy, tied and bounded like you designed it to be) to have them all together, or simply spend a fortune to add more coins to my subscription only to be able to play the game as you sold me, as you agreed to me and promissed to me that wouldn't be affected from all those game changes and needs for it to survive.

And I supported you, and now, the game is dead to me. I try to press the queue buttons for everything, nothing works. I have all these vanity stuff that I paid with my subscripton complementary coins... you remember why was decided to be called complementary?! Becouse you where trying to balance the table between the expectations you creted on us, and those you were actually able to fullfill.

We, I, myself, trusted you, trusted Bioware.

I don't have the game I've paid for, and most importantly, is this the Star Wars Experience you desire for your players?!

Help improve the game. Merge the Servers, give transfers free for subscribers. You know the state of the game in that chapter. It doesn't really matter if players would jump from Server to Server, you could implement a 30-day timer on transfers and if someone wanted to do it earlier, then they would have to pay. Just like the re-spec system on your first approach to it. Worked just fine for you, and for players.

If not, thank you for nothing and for ruining my Star Wars Experience in this game. First two years were amazing in almost everyway.

Edited by Kyemin
Correcting grammar

Don't see why you're posting this in the Suggestion Box.

Just reading this thread it seems more like the "demand box".

Well... I'm sorry that you feel that. I'm sure you're glad you're not from Bioware then.

And if they feel like you, well, guess I ended up wasting my time and all I lose is faith in those people.

As for you, I don't know you. Be happy and spread positivity. ;):p

Edited by Kyemin

This isnt a seasonal thing, this is a real problem. There are really people crying on forums, reddit that they returned to the game and have an empty fleet or they started playing, chose TOFN and ask if the game is dead!

They need to have a plan for this! More than just hope that: Lets remove server tags and population numbers and hope stupid new ppl will populate the empty servers!!

Edited by nepochop

Reply would be either:

a) There are enough people on the server to deserve keeping it open - it would be too much effort to transfer them all across to another server, or

b) There are too few people on the server to deserve devoting any time to merging the server.

This question has been asked before, and with no replies coming for ~6 months, maybe it's time to move the characters across yourself. I'm almost tired of using the "sitting in a piss-filled hole" analogy, but like I say, maybe it's time to try digging yourself out instead of waiting for someone to come and pull you out.

{I know, I know - effort, right? It's not like they had some event to get people to start all their characters all over again}

Reply would be either:

a) There are enough people on the server to deserve keeping it open - it would be too much effort to transfer them all across to another server, or

b) There are too few people on the server to deserve devoting any time to merging the server.

On a side note, the main problem of this were the guilds, you cannot transfer a guild from server to server! Many toons stayed on TOFN inactive just to preserve the guild, guildship, SH etc, they have a guildbank, decos etc. Those are things that are not easily transferable, BW also didnt respond to that :(

The biggest argument against any kind of action from BW is that they had the server transfers on sale in the Cartel Market for the best part of a year, at 90CC per character (I think they put them on sale, then forgot about them). Then, when the transfers were taken off sale and restored to the 1000CC "normal" price, people complained... so BW put them on sale again a few weeks later (that time, only for 2-3 week iirc). Some time later, there was a period where character transfers were available completely free of charge for a few days, although again I am not sure if that was intentional or not... however I myself took advantage of that window of opportunity to move several characters - ironically in the opposite direction, going TO some of the dead servers because some of us wanted to try and revive them.

Following that, I am pretty sure that someone from BW (not sure now as my search skills have not enabled me to find the post) said that there were no further plans to encourage migrations away from the lower pop servers.

The BW implementation of the PvP/PvE instancing options on all servers means that my ASSUMPTION (which is not backed up by any kind of BW communication) is that there is/was a plan to either merge several of the lower pop servers or offer one final chance to migrate toons off them before the plug is pulled on those servers (that would, I guess, result in a dialog when you try to login to those characters, prompting you to select a new server for them, as opposed to them just being deleted)... but that would be limited by the existing issues with transfers, namely losing SHs, Guilds, and so on.

So as hard-hearted as it is, I suspect that the attitude OP will find is that during his period of inactivity, BW laid on several opportunities to resolve the situation, and it is no longer their sole responsibility to resolve the problem. I am not sure that I would take such a hard line in their position, but we are playing in their sandpit, so we play by their rules.

Reply would be either:

This question has been asked before, and with no replies coming for ~6 months, maybe it's time to move the characters across yourself. I'm almost tired of using the "sitting in a piss-filled hole" analogy, but like I say, maybe it's time to try digging yourself out instead of waiting for someone to come and pull you out.

{I know, I know - effort, right? It's not like they had some event to get people to start all their characters all over again}

Look. I understand where you coming and you really are giving a very good advice. Many people in life do that "sitting in a piss-filled hole". But I'm not one of those people. Thing is, that all good advices and truths from this world are strickly connected to points of view. Yours is made, I think, with some lacks in information. But hey, I do appreciate you commenting becouse it helps debate the issue, and that is very important from my point of view.

So, my main is already out of that hole but it took me a while to be able to do it. Tomb of Freedon Nadd was a good Server, and yes, if you spend a few time out of the game, when you try to return and find an empty Server, you question if the game is dead, that the future isn't very bright, and that you shouldn't waste money on a game that is probably about to suddently end like Galaxies and we'll all end up crying and saying goodbyes in the Fleet while asking "how was this possible for such a game?!".

I just don't want to live it again and that's exactly what players who try to return find.

You can say that you gave free transfers or 90CC transfers, that it's absolutly unimportant to players and to the agreedment that we made with Bioware.

From my point of view, I bought this game. Paid 79,95 € for the Deluxe Version. There wasn't a single Collector Edition Available on Origin or my Country. I subscribed for consecutive periods of 6 months. Yes, it was a bit cheaper, but the intention behind it was for Bioware to be able to evaluate somehow what they could expect from me, as a subscriber and support, for the period of the next 6 months. It was like a working contract. If I wasn't satisfied by the end of it, I would fire them, if I was happy, I would renew the contract for 6 months. It was like this for 2 years and only becouse, when they came to change the Terms of our contract, being them the suplliers and myself the costumer, there was a big speach given here to all of us, there was streams made about the subject, and I felt like I was dealing with serious people that understand their failures and player database. We were promissed that the changes in those Terms would no affect our game. That free transfers would be given, blá blá blá. I was in Leggions of Lettow when they killed it with the "MegaServer" and had to move to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, lose all my guild stuff (wasn't alot at the time, but to invite back 100 players is never easy when many don't even understand what is going on) but all was done in sincrony with Bioware's Costumer Support, becouse even in that operation, there were bugs that created problems that we players had to understand.

Again, from my point of view, these problems with Servers are, absolutly, proof that no one's perfect and that even Bioware missed some calculations there. Part of that was becouse of these silence that surrounds though subjects. I had a bug for 6 months, in the most tested character of the game (inquisitor) in the most appealling tree (lightning), at the most important skill of that tree (chainlightning) that would stuck all skill when performing the major effect of that skill (when it gets to be instant) that prevented me from using any skill.

They took 6 months, at the time, to address this issue and I had to make alot of noise before anyone picked it up. After that, support was absolutly amazing, did and said things to me that made me feel valuabe as a player.

Following all this, I think they don't really realize how much more they lose, from player, from numbers, by insisting on having a feature that doesn't interest the players and prevent them from actually playing the game.

Yes, when I payed the game, it was implicit that I would be able to play it, as an MMO, not as a single player adventure as many KOTOR fans wanted.

This situation, if taken to a Court of Law, would, for sure, force Bioware to provide the services the charge for at time of sell. You cannot sell a product to someone, change the product afterwards and promise those people that those changes wouldn't affect their game, and 5 years later come say that you had your chance to change Servers at lower fee. I don't care about changing Servers, what I care is that my Server is dead, completly not working and I cannot play or subscribe the game dued to this situation.

It happens that I managed a free transfer for my main from one of your referal links last week so I actually know to where to send my chars for them to be back alive, but what about those that, like me before, just want to play the game and not mess their mind around those burocratic stuff?! We paid for it, no matter how long ago, no matter for how long, the least that is required, it that those arregements, those promisses, are fullfilled, and I feel, trully, that I'm being put aside as a second level subscriber, where the solutions they provide me for their failure to fill the Server implies me paying them to fix the problem they couldn't solve, and all I get back is a "You should have", "You could have" answer, but no one is actually pointing the finger in the right direction here. This absolutly reminds me of the flops of the game start and that someone is trying to trow sand into my eyes. This isn't really a fair situation to any player out there and I find funny some come, cold as ice, to say that it's not a problem. Those people say that becouse they are gaining referals for that and becouse it's not happening to them. These, are exactly the same people that at game start came here to dish of the game, that spread the word that the game was unplayable with bugs, that made autentic Blizzard campaigns to discredit the game.

Guess what, those people are enjoying the game, as we, the players that supported from the start and have old Chars stuck in old Servers, that supported Bioware though all those storms, are the one's that lost their beloved characters, their items and titles so hardly achieved though hours of group play, things that no one will ever to get back. That, is called giving personallity to your characters, as they advertised, to bring them to life.

Now, what Bioware suggests, is that we leave those hard battled characters, with all those hard fought achievments, for an insta-60, that will never replace those years playing with the other chars. And the insta-60's cost 2000CC, so that's not even an option to try to "clone" your game into another Server.

So, this is a real problem and a real fault upon the agreement that was established at start and at the moment it change to F2P.

I'm not going to Court for a thing like this, I don't need Bioware's money that much, but the sentence inside me is already given and as me, I'm absolutly sure, many are away from the game, waitting for their solution, as many are also playing new chars, but are always hoping for the day they can go get back those lost chars in their dead servers.

I think, no one at Bioware wanted this to be like this, they tried to minimize it, but they are stucking too hard to a Cartel Coin concept in transfers and instead of making money with that, they are preventing themselfs from impulse subscribers, from new players that never heard about SWTOR before, and, unlike some, I would really like to see this game go on for many years. I already saw a big mass of players leaving this game dued to bad decisions and unfullfiled promisses and concepts (1.2 Ranked Warzones that wasn't there, rings a bell?!).

What I am seeing now is that what they are now ignoring, it's one of the major aspects of the game that is preventing new players to stay, and old players like me, to return.

I will not subscribe for 1 char in an active server and 9 in a dead server.

I did made a suggestion. Merge or free transfers. This is suggestion box.

And I made a civilized question to the person here that has more responsability addressing the players and I am still waitting an answer on this. Like before, I can be patient and wait, or I can make a big fuss about it everywhere.

I'm going to be patiente becouse honestly, if Bioware doesn't address this issue, I'll consider them a minor company, from wich I'll never buy a product again, Star Wars or not, simply becouse I cannot trust if the product really is inside the box as advertised. Then, someone better than me, will eventually take care of these offenses, and as before, at some point, a mass of players will come to similar conclusions about their characters and game.

Thank you again for your attention.

Edited by Kyemin