Warzone commending people is a joke.

SinisterWarlock

Countless times i've seen someone do exceptionally well, scoring highest objectives, highest kills, most damage, most medals, basically they did far better than anyone else.

Yet nobody will vote for them. Instead a couple guys who played average or even crap will get 1-2 votes each.

People just vote for their friends, the solution is do away with the voting system and just have the game rank players automatically and award extra based on that.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

People just vote for their friends, the solution is do away with the voting system and just have the game rank players automatically and award extra based on that.

Isn't that system kind of already there with the badges and all? ;)

MVP is just 1 extra commendation anyway, right? It's not a big deal. Sure it goes to friends sometimes, but just as often it goes to a good tank, a good healer or an exceptional dps.

Countless times i've seen someone do exceptionally well, scoring highest objectives, highest kills, most damage, most medals, basically they did far better than anyone else.

Yet nobody will vote for them. Instead a couple guys who played average or even crap will get 1-2 votes each.

QFT.... People know there is MVP... I've literally scored highest damage/most kills in about 80% of my warzones, probably played about 30 so far, and I, again literally, have 0 MVP votes... not a single one...

I mean in one game I had 200k damage with 30 something kills and 1 death... No votes...

People either just randomly click or they vote their friends. Whenever I see a group of guildies together they always vote each other.

This is what happens when you reward people who receive the votes, people just random or give the rewards to their friends.

The only way to legitimize MVP votes is to make the scoreboard anonymous meaning that after each game it shows the statistics, but there are no names to identify players, that way you don't know where your friend is on the list. To make it work the scoreboard would have to be anonymous while the warzone was in progress as well.

Honestly MVP votes should just be removed from the game, its not worth measures like the one described above to fix a broken system.

All I hear is QQ QQ QQ

Grow up. The system is there for people to vote the way they choose. If you want more votes, go in pre-made.

Thats wrong... Why are you assuming that the way the system works is the way the developers intended it to work...

You really think the developers created an "MVP" system, so that people could vote for their friends, and not for the "MVP"? MVP = the player who is most valuable to your team... Not the player who is your best friend. There is a reason they didn't name it the "give your friend free stuff" system....

You clearly just feed your friends MVP votes and want it to stay that way.

Honestly MVP votes should just be removed from the game, its not worth measures like the one described above to fix a broken system.

It 1 commendation...1...the MVP system is a great thing and I hope it stays the way it is. I am sure as we move forward people will be better about voting (at least I hope).

If you didn't notice the cheapest PvP item is 100 comms, an MVP is worth 1 comm, hardly a big deal even if you get 5 MVP votes.

Edited by JustinxDuff

QFT.... People know there is MVP... I've literally scored highest damage/most kills in about 80% of my warzones, probably played about 30 so far, and I, again literally, have 0 MVP votes... not a single one...

I mean in one game I had 200k damage with 30 something kills and 1 death... No votes...

People either just randomly click or they vote their friends. Whenever I see a group of guildies together they always vote each other.

This is what happens when you reward people who receive the votes, people just random or give the rewards to their friends.

The only way to legitimize MVP votes is to make the scoreboard anonymous meaning that after each game it shows the statistics, but there are no names to identify players, that way you don't know where your friend is on the list. To make it work the scoreboard would have to be anonymous while the warzone was in progress as well.

This post is exactly the reason I *wouldn't* vote you for MVP. (well the first part anyway - I actually agree with you on much of the 2nd part).

Your focus on topping damage charts and kills shows how little of a team player you are, in all honesty.

After each match to the very right, people have trophies and awards by their names. They get these from saving allies from death, capping bases, defending bases, passing the hutball, etc.

Those are the people I vote for MVP... I barely even look at DPS charts/kill blos (though I do look at healing). What about the people using CCs, completing warzone objectives, etc.? Usually they aren't as high on DPS chart/KB chart because they are busy doing the objectives.

Edited by Shlamorel

You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The MVP gets ONE extra commendation medal. Whoop-dee-doo.

And FYI, kills and damage are only 1/5th of the equation. For example, if I see a player successfully and repeatedly holding a node by himself, etc... things that actually contribute to a win... I will vote for him, even though that person will probably not be #1 in damage or healing done.

"most" <insert YOUR favorite metric here> is not necessarily the measure of "value" players use.

You may think a quarterback that passes for 500 yards in a game should be an mvp. But maybe it's just the guy who comes through in the clutch with the catch, the interception, the sack, or the left guard who blocks the other teams MVP from getting to his QB.

That being said, there are issues with people simply voting for friends without making it an honest value judgement. I haven't even seen how it works yet, but if it doesn't already, I'd recommend that any stats aren't revealed until after the voting. I believe value should be judged by its effect on the triumph or defeat, not by some metric performance like some Star Wars equivalent of a fantasy football league.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The MVP gets ONE extra commendation medal. Whoop-dee-doo.

And FYI, kills and damage are only 1/5th of the equation. For example, if I see a player successfully and repeatedly holding a node by himself, etc... things that actually contribute to a win... I will vote for him, even though that person will probably not be #1 in damage or healing done.

Yes, those making a mountain out of a molehill are the ones' whose internet egos are getting hurt because they aren't getting MVP. However, the humble ones are the ones that silently revel in the unexpected happiness of being chosen PvP... then they just move along and keep the happiness to themselves.

Some people need the trophy to feel validated.

Think of it from the other side. Maybe they are voting for that healer in their group who was healing them... or throwing their vote to that tank who put guard on them? Why shouldn't they get a little sweetener?

Or maybe they were throwing their vote to that guy who guarded a point against a possible ninja cap... or threw a timely stun to prevent that huttball cap, or made that awesome pass allowing your team to score?

A TON of stuff happens other than just damage/healing numbers.

You really think the developers created an "MVP" system, so that people could vote for their friends, and not for the "MVP"? MVP = the player who is most valuable to your team... Not the player who is your best friend.

What's wrong with considering your friends most valuable players? Hehehe.

I played a game of Hutt Ball the other day where I surprisingly did amazing on kills, defense, and even scored some. I didn't get the MVP and I wasn't upset, because the guy who did was like a brick wall goalie. Even I voted for him though he didn't have the highest kills, most medals, etc. He did what counted for us to win.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. People tend to vote for who they like, look at large scale MVP votes in professional sports. Usually there are a couple of obvious candidates, but others still get votes based on popularity alone.

I like it. It probably won't change. Awarding it automatically wouldn't help either, there'd be even more complaints I'm sure.

Think of it from the other side. Maybe they are voting for that healer in their group who was healing them... or throwing their vote to that tank who put guard on them? Why shouldn't they get a little sweetener?

Or maybe they were throwing their vote to that guy who guarded a point against a possible ninja cap... or threw a timely stun to prevent that huttball cap, or made that awesome pass allowing your team to score?

A TON of stuff happens other than just damage/healing numbers.

QFT. Sometimes people just can't see past the numbers.

well you can tell this game is awesome and legit cause if this is what you complain about then they are doing an exceptional job on the game. i mean really you are crying over 1 commendation and an internet ego. wahhhhh mommy i didnt get a trophy i want my trophy booohoooooooooo.

Why would you care? Do you PvP for imaginary commendations and cool points? I know I could care less if there was no rewards and no gear, I PvP because I have a damn good time doing it and that is all. PvP for fun or go home, this is a non-issue in my book.

If you play really well you will get votes.

Other PUG tips:

-Tell people if you plan to guard them

-Tell people I'll heal you, put a guard on me when you can

-Post your solo guarding X node; everythings okay here at the moment

-Pass the gd hutball instead of dying with it!:D

If you want votes, like anything else in life, you gotta campaign a little bit.

Newsflash: Damage and Kills do not matter in a Warzone with OBJECTIVES. You probably had 0 objective points. Basically you are the people who fight in midfield in WSG matches in WoW and then wonder why you're team lost despite "topping the charts."

Unless it's a deathmatch with first team to 50 kills wins or something, spouting on about your leet deeps and killing blows(more likely just lucky to get last shot in) does not get you an MVP. Be less concerned with stroking the ego and more about doing objectives and helping your teammates.

Edited by Dreadspectre

Why exactly does the scoreboard need to have anything whatsoever to do with mvp votes. personally if I see a player that actually does something smart in a game (ie actually help defend something rather than just running to the next kill target) they get my vote. Top damage/kills usually just means they're an irresponsible moron who runs off looking for their next tunnel vision target. There's more to warzones than just pure #'s.

With voting people are allowed to pick whoever they want. Why should a noob PVP and never get any bonuses or commendations because he is not as high a level as you are? No one deserves any votes, but people can get votes if it is decided.

Remember you don't deserve anything, just be happy with what you have, and what you get. Be grateful, talk, and really connect with the people in your WZ, and maybe you will get MVP. But if you just get massive kills, never help score, don't help others kill their targets, or talk with anyone how can you expect their vote? Play your own game and use your vote like everyone else don't think that you should get theirs. Value is something that everyone determines on their own, if your team values someone else more then you, respect that choice and expect them to respect your choice.

I like it very much , and i like it even more, when the top killers/zero objectives or else, start crying that they are not getting the MVP, because this means most ppl actually have understood the concept!

I look at everything and try to remember who was playing clever, the only thing im not looking at is the lvl, since it has nothing to do with the MVP.