Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rakarai
12.16.2011 , 06:19 AM | #41
The issue here and yes it is indeed a bug is choosing the Dark side flirt option. If it were intended why would it give affection points and then have absolutely no way to use those affection points right after? Just hoping it gets fixed soon, I don't want to have to reroll.
Wolfpack: Raiding and Rp focused guild
Website Apply Thread

TheBigUnit
12.16.2011 , 06:26 AM | #42
Another person in a thread discussing this issue has stated that there is an intercom conversation with Kira right after the fight on the asteroid station that for some reason doesn't show with a quest marker. Unless I read this wrong, this causes her companion missions to not show up if you proceed to the next part of the story without doing this intercom conversation.

So it looks like maybe, unless I'm mistaken, that we're pretty much screwed until further notice. I've ultimately decided to just reroll. Oddly, I'm not really mad, which must say something about how fun this game is for me.

Rakarai
12.16.2011 , 06:34 AM | #43
That's not it, the guy in question stated you get dark side points for the intercom call that is important. That being the first intercom call, he says he did not select the dark side option, and he eventually gets the companion missions unlocked. I did select the dark side option and I do not have the companion missions unlocked.

The intercom thing is not able to be missed, that conversation in question is the choice between keeping or telling her secret. If the conversation were able to be missed, you would not be able to go to the council, because there is nothing to go there for. Since you could of just as likely kept her secret.
Website Apply Thread

TheBigUnit
12.16.2011 , 06:40 AM | #44
Well I don't know then, this is all getting very confusing for me. I figure I'll just relevel back to that spot and do everything I know I'm supposed to do now. Inconvenient sure, but many things in life are.

Blev
12.16.2011 , 06:48 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Cadan View Post
I think I have found the bad flag. From reading the old threads and playing JK twice on the beta and now in early access I can say the following things with reasonable confidence. No points vs dark side made a difference.

Major spoilers for Kira storyline:

Spoiler

Obviously there are flag errors, I doubt your choice of words is supposed to block conversation attempts with her. I can't say for sure how many bad flags there are but I can say that avoiding the choices I mentioned above will help you out! Lesson is avoid the DS flirt (even if you are darkside, its only 50 points).
Yep did the dark side option and it is definitely broken as I have hit Act III now. Thanks for the info, hopefully it gets fixed at some point.
Blev - Jedi Guardian | Caladium - Sith Sorcerer | Ranwyn - Commando
Sarinn - Scoundrel | Serwyn - Jedi Sentinel | Varlene - Jedi Shadow

Tenetke
12.16.2011 , 06:48 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
The Force is at work here. No more, no less.
I agree, maybe this isn't a bug after all. I mean if I walked up to a girl and started flirting there is no promise that later she would want to have sex with me. I like that if you go with a ds option like that it locks you out, and I hope that it was intended.
Try hard is now an insult? At what point did our society degrade so much that trying hard is an insult? What's next? People who perpetuate this idea of "trying hard is a bad thing" are only hurting our society as a whole. They should be removed from it, forcefully if required. You don't randomly allow a cancer to grow, you excise it.

Rakarai
12.16.2011 , 06:59 AM | #47
Except then that also doesn't make sense, because the companion quest isn't just about romance, you can just stay friends. So this is saying she doesn't even want to be your friend but wants to stay on your ship, and will gladly kill people for you. So if that's the case, then that's some messed up stuff.
Website Apply Thread

Raza
12.16.2011 , 07:18 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Rakarai View Post
Except then that also doesn't make sense, because the companion quest isn't just about romance, you can just stay friends. So this is saying she doesn't even want to be your friend but wants to stay on your ship, and will gladly kill people for you. So if that's the case, then that's some messed up stuff.
Spoiler
Colim from Wanderhome.
NAS has died

MasterAnderson
12.16.2011 , 08:39 AM | #49
Damn. Should have known something was up when it kept telling me she wanted to talk on the ship then wouldn't let me . I'm at 3277 Affection, if i keep moving on with the story and getting more affection with her will all her missions and chats i've missed out on pop up when it's fixed or am i out of luck?
HK-47 "Statement: Just a simple droid, here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along."

Atamasama
12.16.2011 , 11:48 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterAnderson View Post
I'm at 3277 Affection, if i keep moving on with the story and getting more affection with her will all her missions and chats i've missed out on pop up when it's fixed or am i out of luck?
You're hosed. Your options are:

A) Reroll.

B) Wait until the devs fix the issue and hope that it allows you to catch up with all of the sidequests you missed because they were locked to you.
⋐‖║╿╿╿╿▀▀‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾)