Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kinag's Avatar


Kinag
12.16.2011 , 05:12 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeka View Post
My friend just confirmed that the "not choosing the dark side flirt" worked for him....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UU BIOWARE!

How is THAT the key??? All this time! Thats why they never said anything, it was designed that way and its stupid. A lot of people are not going to know this and will RAGE when they finally get in game

Yes, they will rage.. unfortunatly.

"WAAAH WAAAH, the game made me choose a direction and I actually got screwed by it!! WAAAH WAAH".

Then a couple of weeks pass and Bioware does indeed "fix" it and a new thread pops up, probably by the same whiner.

"WAAAH WAAAH, the game doesn't make you choose any directions to go, dark side options are only aesthetic. This game shouldn't even have been made! WAAAH WAAAH".

Go cry me a river somewhere else, if people can't do nothing but complain, and understand how smooth this "launch" has been so far, you should go back to your crib, cause you've obviously haven't been through enough of them to get the broader picture.

TheBigUnit's Avatar


TheBigUnit
12.16.2011 , 05:22 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinag View Post
Yes, they will rage.. unfortunatly.

"WAAAH WAAAH, the game made me choose a direction and I actually got screwed by it!! WAAAH WAAH".

Then a couple of weeks pass and Bioware does indeed "fix" it and a new thread pops up, probably by the same whiner.

"WAAAH WAAAH, the game doesn't make you choose any directions to go, dark side options are only aesthetic. This game shouldn't even have been made! WAAAH WAAAH".

Go cry me a river somewhere else, if people can't do nothing but complain, and understand how smooth this "launch" has been so far, you should go back to your crib, cause you've obviously haven't been through enough of them to get the broader picture.
And where would you suggest he cry a river at? He has the right, as a paying customer, to cry all he wants on the forums for the game he's paying for. If that bothers you so much perhaps you shouldn't read these forums because this is where people will go to complain if they find something they don't like.

Back to the issue at hand, here's hoping today's patch fixes the issue:

Patch Notes 12/16/2011
General
Corrected a server-side issue that caused some game systems (such as Companion Missions) to behave incorrectly.
Fixed an issue that caused some pre-assigned guild name to appear as misspelled or incorrect when players log on to their designated server

Kinag's Avatar


Kinag
12.16.2011 , 05:26 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigUnit View Post
And where would you suggest he cry a river at? He has the right, as a paying customer, to cry all he wants on the forums for the game he's paying for. If that bothers you so much perhaps you shouldn't read these forums because this is where people will go to complain if they find something they don't like.

Back to the issue at hand, here's hoping today's patch fixes the issue:

Patch Notes 12/16/2011
General
Corrected a server-side issue that caused some game systems (such as Companion Missions) to behave incorrectly.
Fixed an issue that caused some pre-assigned guild name to appear as misspelled or incorrect when players log on to their designated server
I'm aware that they're allowed to complain, but what I'm "annoyed" about is people who will complain about something, get it changed and then complain about the change afterwards.

Now I know I phrased myself poorly in my first post, but you've got to admit that it happens regularly on these forums.

TheBigUnit's Avatar


TheBigUnit
12.16.2011 , 05:30 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinag View Post
I'm aware that they're allowed to complain, but what I'm "annoyed" about is people who will complain about something, get it changed and then complain about the change afterwards.

Now I know I phrased myself poorly in my first post, but you've got to admit that it happens regularly on these forums.

I agree with you that people will always find something to complain about. Unfortunately that's just the nature of the beast with MMOs. I've found it's better to just ignore it as best you can rather than let it irritate you because the complaining will never go away.

Kinag's Avatar


Kinag
12.16.2011 , 05:34 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigUnit View Post
I agree with you that people will always find something to complain about. Unfortunately that's just the nature of the beast with MMOs. I've found it's better to just ignore it as best you can rather than let it irritate you because the complaining will never go away.
It's also incredibly funny how people are criticize this launch, as I've been to every single big mmo launch in the last 10 years, and I have never seen a smoother launch than this one. In my first 20 levels, I haven't come upon many bugs, and that is a huge contrast to the last 10 years of mmo-releases.

TheBigUnit's Avatar


TheBigUnit
12.16.2011 , 05:38 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinag View Post
It's also incredibly funny how people are criticize this launch, as I've been to every single big mmo launch in the last 10 years, and I have never seen a smoother launch than this one. In my first 20 levels, I haven't come upon many bugs, and that is a huge contrast to the last 10 years of mmo-releases.
Yes this launch has so far been pretty smooth. But to get back to the original topic of this thread, the Kira romance/mission bug has been around for multiple builds in beta and hasn't been fixed as of yet.

So I understand people's frustration with this particular bug, as I feel this should've been corrected already. I can't speak for any other bugs because frankly I haven't found many others, and the ones I have (besides the Kira one) weren't game breaking in any way.

Kinag's Avatar


Kinag
12.16.2011 , 05:43 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigUnit View Post
Yes this launch has so far been pretty smooth. But to get back to the original topic of this thread, the Kira romance/mission bug has been around for multiple builds in beta and hasn't been fixed as of yet.

So I understand people's frustration with this particular bug, as I feel this should've been corrected already. I can't speak for any other bugs because frankly I haven't found many others, and the ones I have (besides the Kira one) weren't game breaking in any way.
IF it truly is a bug, then it should have been fixed indeed, but I'm not going to act as if it's the end of the world on my part as I'm still having a blast in the game.

Mardauk's Avatar


Mardauk
12.16.2011 , 05:47 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
My Companion interface frame disappears sometimes. It can be cured by pressing N (crew skills) and summoning them manually.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

Kthar's Avatar


Kthar
12.16.2011 , 05:49 AM | #39
I am unsure what the problem is here. Is it you have not kissed her or is it you haven't sexed her up yet?

If you are wanting to kiss her then this is what I did so far.

I did no gifts or anything up till the quest called the Defector. This is where General Val Suthra states that a Sith Admiral is wanting to defect and you need to go to an abandoned mining asteroid. This is given after you have finished Nar Shadaah. You need to be around level 24 at this point.

You get to the asteroid and you talk about certain spoilerific type things. It is important to "back your padawan" here. You need to advance past this part. If you aren't level 24 or really good you will get owned. Level 24 gives you Force stasis which is another interrupt. It is nice to have here.

Now here is the the thing. It doesn't give you this option but after this fight you need to go to your ship and go to the intercom room that has the big table. Use the intercom. This is an important conversation with Kira. DO NOT flirt with her here since it will give you dark side points. Mention that she needs to talk to the Jedi Council about the spoilerific things on the asteroid.

Go to Tython to the Jedi Council. It is important to back your padawan here again.

Get back on the ship and go to the intercom and click it and another chat session with Kira opens up here. She thanks you for backing her and this is where you get your first flirt that is not dark side. Complete this intercom chat.

Now go back up to the bridge and there she is with a mission thing over her head. This is where things open up and you get multiple chat sessions with her. In these chat sessions you get multiple flirts where it final gives you an option of her kissing you or you kissing her. Because I am a pimp I kiss her and "the universe didn't explode" and "we will have to try more later"

The thing that might be throwing some people is no option for the "intercom session" opens up for them to see. Meaning no Mission Icon to go check out. So you must go explore your ship and just go click on the intercom on the desk.

Now if you are looking for sex, I am unsure on that since I am level 25 on Tattoine with maybe 2k affection with her currently.

What would be funny as heck is if at level 50 after you have sexed her up and you are going to the Emperor quest, she slowly walks over to the Emperor and gives him a big kiss and tells you that she played you this whole time and she likes a a man with a big lightsaber instead of your lightdagger you carry. Then if you don't choose the right path it turns you Dark Side 5 immediately and you force lightning both the Emperor and her till the are a carbon footprint on the floor. Then you slowly walk over and sit in the Emperor's throne and smile as you now take over the Empire and your eyes turn red as you feel the dark side consume you.

TheBigUnit's Avatar


TheBigUnit
12.16.2011 , 05:55 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Kthar View Post

The thing that might be throwing some people is no option for the "intercom session" opens up for them to see. Meaning no Mission Icon to go check out. So you must go explore your ship and just go click on the intercom on the desk.

.

I misread this part, and now see where I made a mistake. I didn't talk to her after this because there wasn't an icon or anything. Now I pretty much have to relevel my Jedi Knight if I want to access Kira's story. This is still a bug, just not the one I originally thought it was.