1.2 New armor models!

Iwipe

Official forums won't display the picture so I will just link them here..

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/1-2-new-armor-models/

Includes both PvP & PvE sets. Empire version looks very bizarre.

NEW PvP armor stats! - set bonus identical to current set bonus

http://mmo-mechanics.com/news.php?article=1-2-pvp-war-hero-armor-preview

NEW PvE armor stats! - no set bonuses on PTR (yet)

http://mmo-mechanics.com/news.php?article=1-2-pve-armor-stats-preview

Edited by Iwipe

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness for being able to pull mods out of these hideous looking gears. Too bad most will be irrelevant though since they don't have augment slots, and the ones that can be crafted looks almost as hideous.

Thank you very much for the sneak peek though, sir!

Edited by Obie_Wan

From my understanding pvp gear will basically become doner gear in 1.2 as mods can all be ripped out and put into crafted gear with augments making it BiS...again this is just what I have heard so please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Same with PvE. Everyone will be using crit crafted gear...

Thank you dulfy.

We'll have to see if they go through with the crafted gear. Giving an option to do so if you don't like tiered sets, crafting augments, but giving augment slots to raid gear would've been enough to buff underappreciated crew skills enough.

Last MMO I knew that relied on crafted gear more than anything was DAoC ... great game, but it has gone to **** once you started to need lootable gear through raids and crafted gear ... you had to farm two types of content (raid & currency) to stay competetive and that was too much for most people.

And I thought the sorc PvP set was bad looking. That PvE set...just...wow. Did someone slip some concept art in from a rejected Riddler costume from DCUO or something? That's just horrid. How could the producer (or whoever it was) have seen that and then gone on to comment on how good and cool the new armor models were?

IA set is okay, except for the god awful helmet. But they need to seriously re-texture it and not use freaking orange.

I like the BH one though, even if it feels a bit like it was borrowed from Mass Effect's quarians.

Stuff I would actually use:

1: Sage PvE

2: Trouper PvP

The worse stuff hands down:

1: Knight PvP (Is that a speeder someone cut up and glued to the armor?)

2: Sorcerer PvE (random metal curves?)

3: Sorcerer PvP (It's a giant enemy crustacean!)

The sets suffer from too much glued on bits.

The warrior stuff is also terribly generic looking outside of the helmet (which I would turn off), and suffers from a bad color pallet.

The agent stuff suffers from looking more like a trash heap than a person.

What is the smuggler supposed to be, a samurai cowboy or something?