A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

Too little too late. It cost you a subscription. Mine. Too little communication. Too much CM Store. Your employers ruined a potentially great Star Wars MMORPG with their unbridled short term greed, lack of communication and out right lies concerning the switch to F2P. Never again EA/ Bioware. Never again! :cool:

And on this day the 15th of February 2013, nothing of value was lost

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I just wanted to step in here to let you know that we are actively investigating this and we will update you as soon as we have more information. We apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assured that we're looking into it.

What's there to look into? WAI or not, lots of people are unhappy. In the end, unless you reduce costs you're going to leave a lot of people upset.

Look at Blizzard and D3. There was a point they increased repair costs to a point a lot of people got upset. Was it a bug? No. What did Blizzard do? The lowered the repair costs.

Hate to say it, but there's very little to debate here.

Hey folks,

I just wanted to step in here to let you know that we are actively investigating this and we will update you as soon as we have more information. We apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assured that we're looking into it.

well my friends list has 29 people on it, half of those have already let me know they cancelled, every second*You* look into it costs you money, may want to speed things along before this is known as SWTOR copying what SWG did to itself.

Too little too late. It cost you a subscription. Mine. Too little communication. Too much CM Store. Your employers ruined a potentially great Star Wars MMORPG with their unbridled short term greed, lack of communication and out right lies concerning the switch to F2P. Never again EA/ Bioware. Never again! :cool:

Fine. Whatever. Good luck.

At what point does this become Spam? How many times do you have to repeat this? I used to respect your posts, but after browsing threads and seeing this multiple times, it just comes off badly. And its not just "I don't find the game fun", it's a statement that implies some sort of personal injury. Except all that happened was that you lost some virtual cash. You're boycotting an entire company because... they adjusted balance in a way that you didn't like... or used a revenue model that you didn't like (but thousands do). If you don't like the game, move on. Stop spamming the forum with your pleas for attention. It just undermines all the intelligent things you've said in the past, and makes the community look even worse.

Hey folks,

You're late sir, me and my guild already canceled our subscription.

Maybe if you fix 50/100 bugs in this game, MAYBE we will sub again.

And on this day the 15th of February 2013, nothing of value was lost

I wonder if you said the same thing during the spring of 2012 when the game dropped so many subs it sent EA into panic mode, updates stopped being made, and they flipped to RMT for gambling bags for revenue?

What's there to look into? WAI or not, lots of people are unhappy. In the end, unless you reduce costs you're going to leave a lot of people upset.

Look at Blizzard and D3. There was a point they increased repair costs to a point a lot of people got upset. Was it a bug? No. What did Blizzard do? The lowered the repair costs.

They didn't do it in less than a week either, though. It took them 2 months. A whole patch.

Joveth can't hit any buttons to lower the cost for us, and looking at the past history of things going on in this game, the repairs could in fact be higher than they intended for reasons they weren't aware of.

Edited by chuixupu

Fine. Whatever. Good luck.

At what point does this become Spam? How many times do you have to repeat this? I used to respect your posts, but after browsing threads and seeing this multiple times, it just comes off badly. And its not just "I don't find the game fun", it's a statement that implies some sort of personal injury. Except all that happened was that you lost some virtual cash. You're boycotting an entire company because... they adjusted balance in a way that you didn't like... or used a revenue model that you didn't like (but thousands do). If you don't like the game, move on. Stop spamming the forum with your pleas for attention. It just undermines all the intelligent things you've said in the past, and makes the community look even worse.

I am boycotting an entire company because of this.

Repair costs and FFA PvP was the final straw.

Add to this the crap that happend with Mass Effect Franchise along with the unfinished KoTOR 2 ( yeah I know it was Obsidien but it had Bioware's backing) and the suckage that was the Dragon Age garbage.

That's it. They get no more of my cash. Others need to know so they don't make the same mistake I made. EA is a crappy company and they drug Bioware down into the slime with them. :cool:

I am boycotting an entire company because of this.

Repair costs and FFA PvP was the final straw.

Add to this the crap that happend with Mass Effect Franchise along with the unfinished KoTOR 2 ( yeah I know it was Obsidien but it had Bioware's backing) and the suckage that was the Dragon Age garbage.

That's it. They get no more of my cash. Others need to know so they don't make the same mistake I made. EA is a crappy company and they drug Bioware down into the slime with them. :cool:

Sigh. And another player who cared a lot about the game gone. :(

I hope EA stops giving people reasons for "final straws" soon.

I keep seeing these apocalyptic 'you've lost my subscription' posts. And yet... I keep seeing them.

I look forward to seeing you unsub again after the next patch.

They didn't do it in less than a week either, though. It took them 2 months. A whole patch.

Joveth can't hit any buttons to lower the cost for us, and looking at the past history of things going on in this game, the repairs could in fact be higher than they intended for reasons they weren't aware of.

Yes, but lesson learned by Blizzard and yet EA/BW wants to experience it themselves?

Besides, someone in the CS forums already said the repair costs are WAI. So the only thing left to investigate is "Should BW reduce repair costs or not?"

Edited by Lostpenguins

Yes, but lesson learned by Blizzard and yet EA/BW wants to experience it themselves?

Besides, someone in the CS forums already said the repair costs are WAI. So the only thing left to investigate is "Should BW reduce repair costs or not?"

Why would they approach that particular lesson any differently than they approached any other lesson throughout the entire game?

Hey folks,

Investigating? GTN farmers were making too many credits purchasing Cartel Packs and selling it contents at inflated prices. In your unholy fear of inflation you 'corrected' the market by raising repair costs, sort of like a release valve. When anger is sufficient and the head-less chicken you consult for your economy give the right signs, you'll lower back down for a few months and repeat.

It isn't a great mystery Clouseau.

I still have yet to see evidence of some of outrageous repair costs that people are claiming(and plenty to indicate that repair prices are around what they should be, not too much more than before). That suggests to me either people are trying to create mass hysteria or that there is a bug going around. I tried to engage DarthTHC in a conversation about this possibility earlier in this thread when he reported higher repair costs per death on his lowbie assassin alt than a 50 in black hole gear pays per death, but unless some attempt is made to narrow down how these reports of exorbitant repair costs come about, all that's being created is a panic. There was another thread about the legacy unlock personal transport situation where the posters(myself included) quickly did some tests to narrow down what created the bug, and as a result there's already a dev sticky addressing the bug and the specific method we used to recreate it. These panic threads haven't done much to identify the problem at all though, since its obfuscated the situation with people reporting normal repair costs and acting as though they are exorbitant, mixed in with people reporting high repair costs from multiple deaths without providing proper info.

Why would they approach that particular lesson any differently than they approached any other lesson throughout the entire game?

Exactly. I still laugh because there's an old quote from one of the lead designers that said something like, "If you're not copying WoW to some extent, you're not doing it right." I forget the exact wording, but basically he was trying to answer the debate of people complaining they didn't want "another WoW clone". His response was basically a "it's a good thing to learn the mistakes and achievements of your predecessors."

And yet, where is the ready check? Lol...

Point being, they need to star with i63 gear (or I guess i65 for the droid items)... base one wipe with augmented gear to be X amount of credits (I'd say 7 credits, but that's just me). Then reduce accordingly.

I still have yet to see evidence of some of outrageous repair costs that people are claiming(and plenty to indicate that repair prices are around what they should be, not too much more than before). That suggests to me either people are trying to create mass hysteria or that there is a bug going around. I tried to engage DarthTHC in a conversation about this possibility earlier in this thread when he reported higher repair costs per death on his lowbie assassin alt than a 50 in black hole gear pays per death, but unless some attempt is made to narrow down how these reports of exorbitant repair costs come about, all that's being created is a panic. There was another thread about the legacy unlock personal transport situation where the posters(myself included) quickly did some tests to narrow down what created the bug, and as a result there's already a dev sticky addressing the bug and the specific method we used to recreate it. These panic threads haven't done much to identify the problem at all though, since its obfuscated the situation with people reporting normal repair costs and acting as though they are exorbitant, mixed in with people reporting high repair costs from multiple deaths without providing proper info.

I'll say this. I'm in full DG gear with full augments. pre-patch it was 7k for a wipe. Now it's 10k. I do think that is a bit much. 7k felt right.

How about that?

what I'm trying to understand is - what is the point of replying to yellow posts with: "too late, I'm still gone" are you trying to encourage them not to fix things because what's the point if people will leave whether they change things or don't? how is this in any way, shape or form productive?

what I'm trying to understand is - what is the point of replying to yellow posts with: "too late, I'm still gone" are you trying to encourage them not to fix things because what's the point if people will leave whether they change things or don't? how is this in any way, shape or form productive?

this dude got a point, i mean i want this repair thing to be fix, so let not poke the bear plz?

^ exactly, lol. We all know they learned from all Blizzard's many mistakes before launch...not.

And Blizzard doesn't always learn from their own either, I can't help by scratch my head for every new set of changes and balances that come out every month or so. I'm not sure what's worse, Bioware not really doing anything or Blizzard messing with this non-stop yet never really reaching any balance.

I still have yet to see evidence of some of outrageous repair costs that people are claiming(and plenty to indicate that repair prices are around what they should be, not too much more than before). That suggests to me either people are trying to create mass hysteria or that there is a bug going around.

Well, they definitely went up for me, but not to the degree that I've seen some people claim. It seems my repair costs have essentially doubled. But they aren't outrageous by any means. A night of wiping on progression now is maybe 90-110k. Before it was like 40-60k.

I keep seeing these apocalyptic 'you've lost my subscription' posts. And yet... I keep seeing them.

I look forward to seeing you unsub again after the next patch.

27 days left to play the only part of SWTOR that I enjoyed. The General Forums Mini-game. So since I payed for it. Imma gonna use it. :p

I belong to a small guild and we run ops and have noticed the huge increase in repair costs we are trying to figure a way around it to continue to run them. the repair cost use to be about 10k and now is double. this is a big issue for small guilds and casual players. this has to be fixed. it connot contiue this way. it is making it much harder to run ops or hardnmodes or even leveling up. bioware has to fix and resolve this issue.