Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best GSF Server, and why?

Verain
02.20.2014 , 10:00 AM | #11
Also on Bastion. Our wait times can be extreme at off times, forcing us to the forums!

But overall both factions have friendly and cool people. There's a mix of players who play SWTOR for realsies (ops and/or pvp) and those of us that are just on for GSF. I dunno what the other servers are like, however, but this one is fun!

Dormancy
02.20.2014 , 12:19 PM | #12
I've added a line for GSF-centric guilds. If you're in one or know of any, please let the community know (as some of you have already done), as well as level of activity.
Say YAY!

GrovesK
02.20.2014 , 12:59 PM | #13
Our guild (The Thirteenth Legion) doesn't focus on GSF (we don't focus on anything) but we have quite a few pilots and some serious Aces (cough Irialle cough), we had 8 people queueing up for our weekly event and we have people that queue everyday including myself. Anyway this is a great thread, I've really enjoyed reading it. I'll just echo what Highjinks and Shayd said about Ebon Hawk. It is a really great server for GSF (and just in general).

In some ways it is too bad you can't see guild tags because I wouldn't mind seeing who is in what guild. In other ways maybe it is for the best.

-Mystogyn
AmonRe - Commander of the Thirteenth Legion
The Ebon Hawk Server
Thirteenth Legion Recruitment and Guild News

BattleDress
02.20.2014 , 04:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mr_sim View Post
My server
Jedi Covenant(east coast PvE)

My Faction (only 2 GSF characters atm)
Main: Imperial
Alt: Republic

Ques:
AM: Frequent, moderate wait about equal to one GSF match length.
PM: Same as AM
Prime Time: Bountiful, wait time less then half of average GSF match length

GSF population by faction.
About 2-3 republic players for every Imperial

Que types(JC republic player please feel free to dispute you perspective is likely more accurate)
Imp v Republic about 50-60%
Republic v Republic 40-50%
Imperial v Imperial 1-3%

Friendliness
Needs improvement

Skill
The good players are highly proficient and plentiful. There are of course n00b players on both sides who like crashing into everything and not avoiding getting shot at.

Players
About 65% of players in que have 4 or more ships in their ready hanger.

Premades
Republic: about a 65% chance there will be a republic premade in any match
Imperial: Lets just say we really need to step up and get organized.

Comments
A healthy place to come find some GSF especially if you hate same faction matches and also like Imperial, I'd say if you are looking for a challenge as an imperial premade this is the server to come to.
It needs A LOT of improvement
I am not for the Empire. I am not for the Republic. I am for the credits and the fame.

mr_sim
02.20.2014 , 06:22 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BattleDress View Post
It needs A LOT of improvement
AH there's a JC Repuber, Opinions on my ratios. 80% of my matches are on my Sniper and I actually seem more pub v pub when I que on my Sage but that's a small sample size for my perspective. Also most of my pub v pub are 8 v 8 not 12 v 12 so I try to factor that in.

For Imperial players the more vocal ones are usually blaming the rest of the team for failure. Hell I was in match with this one guy a month and a half back, we were facing Grunty and probably yourself in an 8 v 8. We lost horribly I found myself flying into multiple attackers well before the node. Naturally my score and everyones scores were horrible at the end. This one guy chooses to attempt to bully me simply because I drew a little attention from the crowd when i said which node I would go after. I had to just laugh at the guy afterward. I tried to explain to him that his expectations were hilarious in /wisper afterwards. He laughably told me the only number that mattered was damage dealt. I replied that i was happy to divert his bullying from other players and promptly /ignored the guy.

For repub there is one guy whose name looks a bit like "_ ' _ _ _" I think you know who I mean. I've only seen him in premades and It seem like he's not interested in challenging gameplay. Yet I've seen him verbally trash the entire Imperial faction even though every match he ques he stacks the odds enough that he is insulated from actually being able to havve an accurate perspective of individual players or their skill. I also noticed his name absent from the Aces thread and I'm perfectly happy to see it stay absent. His attitude is atrocious and not an asset to GSF on our server. He is the only player on my bail list, regardless of what faction I'm flying on at the moment.

I think players need to start more encouragement. A Big problem is GSF /ops chat means you have to take your hands of the controls. JC certainly has extremely dynamic gameplay which is awsome but leave nearly no time for /ops.
Striker Pilot - Jedi Covenant - Imperial Forces

<Roving Guns>

Coldcrush
02.20.2014 , 11:04 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Dormancy View Post
I've added a line for GSF-centric guilds. If you're in one or know of any, please let the community know (as some of you have already done), as well as level of activity.
My server:
The Bastion

My faction:
Empire

Any GSF-focused guilds? Level of activity? With website?:
<Swift and Absolute> Active with a vent server, no website. Message or mail Graventhel for the interested.

Queue times, AM/PM:
Fairly short in the pm, long in the am.

Queue quality:
Quality can vary from grudge match to blowout.

Friendliness:
Not a whole lot of chatter going on in the channels.

Skill:
About a dozen or so hot shots between the two factions.

Premades:
Regular.

Comments and conclusion:
There is a healthy GSF community here that could use a bit more enthusiasm.

Nemarus
02.20.2014 , 11:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldcrush View Post
<Swift and Absolute> on The Bastion Imperial side accepts pilots of all levels and skill levels. Message or mail Graventhel for anyone interested.
Nice name
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Nocher
02.20.2014 , 11:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldcrush View Post
<Swift and Absolute> on The Bastion Imperial side accepts pilots of all levels and skill levels. Message or mail Graventhel for anyone interested.
oh, graventhal and friends made a guild? Cool.

On pub side if you see a <Freaks of Legend> member, feel free to ask for advice or a friendly grouping. (though the guild is split between pvp and space, so they may not know what you're talking about)
Band-Aid
That guy on the Bastion with only a Nova Dive

Coldcrush
02.20.2014 , 11:20 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nocher View Post
oh, graventhal and friends made a guild? Cool.

On pub side if you see a <Freaks of Legend> member, feel free to ask for advice or a friendly grouping. (though the guild is split between pvp and space, so they may not know what you're talking about)
I market <Swift and Absolute> as a PvP guild that has an emphasis on GSF so you will see at least me personally on the ground too, as well as the occasional world pvp on Oricon.

Umbradomina
02.21.2014 , 07:28 AM | #20
Well, since nobody has bothered to mention Prophecy of the Five, I guess I will:

My server: Pot5

My faction: I typically split evenly between Imp and Pubbie, but that's not the case server-wide

Any GSF-focused guilds? Level of activity? With website?: Not entirely sure. I'd hesitate to guess.

Queue times, AM/PM: AM queues are extremely rare. PM queues are slowing down these days. Pub side gets more queues, more pub vs pub matches.

Queue quality:
I almost always get matches with 1-2 people on each team with only the starter ships (ie. newbie GSF pilots).

Friendliness: Generally friendly, but there is often somebody that just has to take the time in Ops chat to berate other players.

Skill: There are many skilled players in both factions. It's a good balance.

Premades: Seldom, from what I can tell
Old age and treachery will usually win out over youth and skill.