Slavery in the Star Wars Universe is Pointless

Shayddow

Slavery normally happens when the empire conquers a planet. 9 times out of 10 when they conquer a planet the original species of said planet are put into slavery so it is part of the empire's way of establishing control of said planet and species of said planet.

I kind of agree. One of the good things I see about Zakuul for example was that they didn't spent time trying to enslave everyone and their akk dogs and instead used droids for most menial tasks. Thing is how much does it cost to build a droid, run maintanence ETC VS enslaving a slave, he dies then you get a new one because of the constant fresh supply of them since you Empire is conquering worlds and enslaving species left and right.

It was included to call attention to the issue. Just as the Empire was meant to remind people of the Nazis, droids and sentient slaves were included to remind people of the evils of slavery, as it still exists in some parts of the world today in various forms.

Like the title says. There are Droids. If you are worried about Droids taking over, there are restraining bolts.

So why have slaves? Droids can handle the work that needs to be done.

::Sith Abolishionist::

It is useless in a world with droids. But the Sith empire believes the weak should serve the strong.

It’s about power. You take your enemies and make them slaves. Jabbas slav snmostlynseem d to be entertainers , dancers and musicians. Do you really want to watch droids dance? In this game on Coruscant there is a quest where you go to see about freeing a dudes wife from sex slavery. Nobody wants to bang a droid, so that’s totally real

Not sure what motivates this thread,

That said, in the fantasy of star wars, the "empire" is the "bad guy" and does bad oppressive things. I think the various forms of the "empire" are also xenophobic and will engage in genocide (nazish if you will) and if the conquered are found useful, enslaved as free labor.

Other realms of "evil" and questionable morality "groups" (think crime organizations) also engage in these practices for profit.

Personally, i would love a full expansion that is "darker themed" exploring the criminal elements such as these in swtor. We get a handfull of blips of this content scattered in the game. Of course, my skin is thick enough not to be offended by fantasy portrayals of this content unlike others this day and age seem to be... i wouldnt need a "safe space."

Ashur