Established foothold not WAI

Benirons

I had a full 6/6 set of established foothold for sniper dps borrowed from the vendor (meaning no mods in them whatsoever, sell back timer still ticking cause i dun wanna get ripped off).

I believe the damage increase at 6/6 does not work properly (each second of entrench gives 3% dmg boost, up to 5 stacks). I tested with corrosive dart with the 6 empty set bonus shells on, rest 306 gear.

W/o set bonus dmg boost ticks were 2414 base.

W/ set bonus dmg boost at 5 stacks ticks were 2482.

That is less than 3% dmg increase, a very far cry from the max 15% dmg increase at 5 stacks.

Im glad i borrowed, cause this is utter garbage.

Also curious how you borrowed the full set. I'd like to know so I could test it too

When you buy an item, it has a 2 hour refund timer, that only ticks when you're online.

That makes it possible to: farm 3k fragments on another toon - log on sniper/gs - buy 1 item - log off - repeat

When you buy an item, it has a 2 hour refund timer, that only ticks when you're online.

That makes it possible to: farm 3k fragments on another toon - log on sniper/gs - buy 1 item - log off - repeat

Oh, alright. Seeing as my Gunslinger is my only 75, I think I'll just farm up the set and see for myself.

You couldn't try attacking with 0 stacks then attacking with 5 stacks? That seems like a more accurate and easy way of testing.

Also curious how you borrowed the full set. I'd like to know so I could test it too

No set bonus = 0 stacks.

You don't have any stacks when you don't have Entrench/Bunker Down up in cover either. The stacks only apply when you have the skill activated and are in cover.

i get what u mean, the shells were empty though, so there was no stat differenc b/w the two

and when i had no set on, i just had 6 empty gear slots

But ... you tested w/ corrosive dart. So you're bonus dmg. for any global window in which it ticks will be divded by the DoT's timer. +70 dmg. per tick doesn't seem necessarily off, given your 6 empty shells, but ...

What was your CD dmg. listed as on your bar?

What was your spec/the timer for the DoT?

Also, does anyone know, if you Imperial Prep into an immediate 2nd Entrench, does the 5 stack stay up long enough to allow for an secondary full 20 sec window at +15%?

Edited by Azerdayne

The established foothold set bonus only appears to be applying 1 stack of the damage buff to dots. I tested it in 306 gear with no proc relics to avoid the randomness of the proc and at 0 stacks vital shot tooltip damage was 15479 and ticked for 2294. At 5 stacks only the tooltip listed 15944 and ticked for 2360. Shrap bomb tooltip at 0 stacks listed as 16310 and ticked for 2247. At 5 stacks the tooltip listed 16776 and ticked for 2306. So it appears the dots are only getting about a 3% damage buff which is only counting the first stack.

But ... you tested w/ corrosive dart. So you're bonus dmg. for any global window in which it ticks will be divded by the DoT's timer. +70 dmg. per tick doesn't seem necessarily off, given your 6 empty shells, but ...

What was your CD dmg. listed as on your bar?

What was your spec/the timer for the DoT?

Also, does anyone know, if you Imperial Prep into an immediate 2nd Entrench, does the 5 stack stay up long enough to allow for an secondary full 20 sec window at +15%?

3% is 3%. Doesnt matter if its a tick or full tooltip dmg.

The established foothold set bonus only appears to be applying 1 stack of the damage buff to dots. I tested it in 306 gear with no proc relics to avoid the randomness of the proc and at 0 stacks vital shot tooltip damage was 15479 and ticked for 2294. At 5 stacks only the tooltip listed 15944 and ticked for 2360. Shrap bomb tooltip at 0 stacks listed as 16310 and ticked for 2247. At 5 stacks the tooltip listed 16776 and ticked for 2306. So it appears the dots are only getting about a 3% damage buff which is only counting the first stack.

Thanks for the confirmation! Just to clarify, all tooltips only get 3% dmg boost, not just dots. \

I think i recall checking tooltips while stacks were buildig up, and it was a small incremental increase. So each stack increases ur dmg, but by only .6% or so instead of 3%.

Hmm. Good to know.

Out of curiosity, are any of you still leaning toward Established Foothold for the other benefits +3% dmg., or are you leaning toward another set. I'm quite torn, myself.

if established foothold gets fixed, prolly gonna be way to go, till then sniper sets r garbo for dmg tbh (at least for viru), so i went with stationary grit to not make healers cry.

I wanted to comment now that I got my 6 set.

The tooltip for Aimed Shot is 24,723 with 0 stacks of the established foothold buff, or when Bunker Down isn't active.

The tooltip for Aimed Shot is 25,465 with 5 stacks of the established foothold buff, which is 3% exactly.

Note that the tooltip updates to 25,465 with the first tick of the buff, when I get a single stack. But every stack after that gives no further increases, checking the tooltip as the stacks increase.

I did some tests using Charged Burst (since it hits once and has no CD) on my ship's dummy. I unequipped my trinkets to take away any power procs and tested the damage to see if it was a tooltip bug. Using the same methods as above, I see that Charged Burst gets a bonus of about 400 damage per shot with the full stack of EF (which, remember, only counts one stack). After firing several rounds with both 5 stacks and 0 stacks, I couldn't tell a difference with or without the buff. It should give each shot about 2000ish extra damage, and my shots were hitting nearly the same with or without the buff.

So yes, it's bugged. I'm hoping it gets patched on this upcoming Tuesday, since this is the only real decent DPS increase Sharpshooters/Snipers have with a set bonus, and right now the best thing it's good for is 2% mastery and a lovely energy regen on the 4 set (which isn't listed on the set in-game, but is listed on the set in the patch notes. Another bug, same with the ingame tooltip saying the 6 piece gives 10%, while it looks like it would give the full 15 if the stacks went past 1).

I wanted to comment now that I got my 6 set.

The tooltip for Aimed Shot is 24,723 with 0 stacks of the established foothold buff, or when Bunker Down isn't active.

The tooltip for Aimed Shot is 25,465 with 5 stacks of the established foothold buff, which is 3% exactly.

Note that the tooltip updates to 25,465 with the first tick of the buff, when I get a single stack. But every stack after that gives no further increases, checking the tooltip as the stacks increase.

I did some tests using Charged Burst (since it hits once and has no CD) on my ship's dummy. I unequipped my trinkets to take away any power procs and tested the damage to see if it was a tooltip bug. Using the same methods as above, I see that Charged Burst gets a bonus of about 400 damage per shot with the full stack of EF (which, remember, only counts one stack). After firing several rounds with both 5 stacks and 0 stacks, I couldn't tell a difference with or without the buff. It should give each shot about 2000ish extra damage, and my shots were hitting nearly the same with or without the buff.

So yes, it's bugged. I'm hoping it gets patched on this upcoming Tuesday, since this is the only real decent DPS increase Sharpshooters/Snipers have with a set bonus, and right now the best thing it's good for is 2% mastery and a lovely energy regen on the 4 set (which isn't listed on the set in-game, but is listed on the set in the patch notes. Another bug, same with the ingame tooltip saying the 6 piece gives 10%, while it looks like it would give the full 15 if the stacks went past 1).

Hey, i appreciate ur research into this, and im sorry u had to bite the bullet and have a crappy 6/6 set till who knows when.

It did not occur to me to check the tooltip at each stack, ty for doing that. So issue seems to be that the stacks beyond the first do not boost dmg any further. U were able to pin point the problem and hopefully devs will have an easier time fixing it if they ever choose to do so.

Hey, i appreciate ur research into this, and im sorry u had to bite the bullet and have a crappy 6/6 set till who knows when.

It did not occur to me to check the tooltip at each stack, ty for doing that. So issue seems to be that the stacks beyond the first do not boost dmg any further. U were able to pin point the problem and hopefully devs will have an easier time fixing it if they ever choose to do so.

I made an ingame /bug report and a post on the bug report forums. It doesn't sound like a hard issue to fix, so I'm hoping it's fixed on Tuesdays's patch.