Which hard mode FPs actually work?

Tuesday night, my friends and I decided to run our first hard mode. We ended up in Foundry. HK47 started one-shooting the party after he did his thing in the center. We tried several different ideas and wiped repeatedly before giving in and looking up strats on the web, only to find he was bugged. We tried many of the suggested workarounds on the forums, but people got frustrated and angry and quit for the night.

Last night, we found we could run Directive 7 on hard mode by first walking in and out on normal and then being able to switch immediately to hard mode. We were excited by challenging content none of us had run before! We get to the interrogator and after a couple of wipes, we realized he's bugged (he kept spawning copies of a player after he copied our merc). We beat it by swapping our merc out with another guild member, but that's total BS. Another night of hard modes and another night of frustration.

So my question is, what Hard Modes actually work? Are we just unlucky going 2/2 with bugs or are all the hard modes really this bad?

Edit:

Bugged Hard Mode Flash Points

These bugs can conceivably stop you from completing the flash point

(or at the very least, fighting the bug becomes more challenging then fighting the boss)

• Foundry: HK-47 (second boss) gets an enrage that doesn't get removed properly when you hit the switches, causing him start one or two shotting players.
  • Directive 7: Interrogator can start constantly spawning multiple copies of a character (sometimes even a character not of your faction).

These bugs may or may not happen on every run, but can ruin your day if they pop up. There are many suggested workarounds for some if you search these forums, but results from them are as inconsistent as everything else.

Edited by Bugbear

Unlucky.

Esseles, Taral V, Maelstrom Prison, Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, Kaon Under Siege all are either bug free or have minor bugs that do not present any significant difficulties. Even the Interrogator bug can be worked around -- use the environment to your advantage.

Tuesday night, my friends and I decided to run our first hard mode. We ended up in Foundry. HK47 started one-shooting the party after he did his thing in the center. We tried several different ideas and wiped repeatedly before giving in and looking up strats on the web, only to find he was bugged. We tried many of the suggested workarounds on the forums, but people got frustrated and angry and quit for the night.

Last night, we found we could run Directive 7 on hard mode by first walking in and out on normal and then being able to switch immediately to hard mode. We were excited by challenging content none of us had run before! We get to the interrogator and after a couple of wipes, we realized he's bugged (he kept spawning copies of a player after he copied our merc). We beat it by swapping our merc out with another guild member, but that's total BS. Another night of hard modes and another night of frustration.

So my question is, what Hard Modes actually work? Are we just unlucky going 2/2 with bugs or are all the hard modes really this bad?

people confuse that hk behavior as a bug when the reality is if you dont smack the heck out of him the second he appears and cleanse the dot he applies he starts one shotting people.

it's actually a mechanic

Interrogator however....is bugged. One day we got through him with 3 sith warrior spawns, and the next we had 8 each try. We decided to just skip him. Activate the panel behind him, turn and run back to the entrance. He'll de-agro eventually. Then just jump down bypassing him.

Don't wipe after him or you'll have to keep doing this strat as you'll spawn into the FP behind him. Easier with a shadow who can agro, you all slip through and he can vanish. Didn't try it, but that's off the top of my head.

Unlucky.

Esseles, Taral V, Maelstrom Prison, Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, Kaon Under Siege all are either bug free or have minor bugs that do not present any significant difficulties. Even the Interrogator bug can be worked around -- use the environment to your advantage.

Thanks, will probably try FE or Kaon next if we can get in on hard mode. If another bugs out on us, we'll probably have more people quitting the game.

people confuse that hk behavior as a bug when the reality is if you dont smack the heck out of him the second he appears and cleanse the dot he applies he starts one shotting people.

it's actually a mechanic

If that's the case, and I'm not saying it isn't, what's the purpose of the switches? We were assuming they were there to keep him from getting the buff.

TBH I think the interrogator is working as intended. Boss is still joke easy but made it more interesting with 2 marauders out lol

Definitely bugged. Our first pull, he copied our merc and IMMEDIATELY started continually copying our warrior. We had about 5 warriors out before we wiped.

Our second pull, he copied our powertech (me) when he was about 80%. Around 60% he copied our warrior and around 40% copied our inquisitor. At 20%, he copied our merc and immediately started churning out multiple copies of another toon.

Our third pull, the same thing happened, we went for a while and then as soon as he copied the merc, the next character started spawning immediately and non-stop.

Swapping out the merc for another class stopped the behavior.

While the boss may be a joke for players who have run it before or have better gear, this was our first time ever seeing him and we're new level 50s, so our gear isn't as good as some.

Edited by Bugbear

To the OP:

The only ones not bug to date:

- Black Talon (easiest and quickest out of all the HM).

- Kaon, although the bonus boss is a pain in the butt if you can't cc droids, (although there is a way around this, but not telling cause they may consider it an exploit or ie. good use of game mechanics)

- False Emperor (bonus boss is also a beotch)

- Boarding Party (no bugs really)

- Battle of Ilum (the 2nd boss is a beotch, but you can pass him once you wipe)

Yes,

the two buggiest HM FP are the ones you chose (D7 and Foundry (HK-47))

-----

it's actually a mechanic

Not true,

we got frustrated so we started unload everything, from the start,

got him to around 50% the 1st round, then the 1st time he comes out of the shell, he still enraged.

Lucky our group was pretty much geared and we downed him using all cooldowns

even when he was around 50% enraged.

Cleanse? some classes don't have one to cleanse.

to the person

TBH I think the interrogator is working as intended. Boss is still joke easy but made it more interesting with 2 marauders out lol

You must not done this often.

The main problem is mostly due to range dps and in particular BHs, then Ops.

they multiple spawn like crazy.

There are many many threads on this Interrogator bug, just do a search and find out how many are having this problem.

Wait till the adds spawn before u destroy the panels on HK, and it will work normally. if you immidatly destroy then it doesn't register. However, the massive dmg he does is not a big in itself. just stopping it can be if you do it too fast.

I've cleared all of the HM FPs several times, I dunno *** ur talking about. There is an occasional bug, you wipe then the next time it typically works. HK on foundry is the only bug I can think of.

the Interrogator bug in D7 seems to be class or character dependent. Have you run it with a merc? I would be curious if it was indeed the class or something related to the particular character.

Edited by Bugbear

Wait till the adds spawn before u destroy the panels on HK, and it will work normally. if you immidatly destroy then it doesn't register. However, the massive dmg he does is not a big in itself. just stopping it can be if you do it too fast.

Not all true,

I've done this where

1) only person click all 4 panels

2) two people clicking

3) all 4 people clicking.

4) slow steady dps

5) outright full unload (down to around 50% health before he disappear).

they sometimes work and sometimes doesn't.

You know when he enrages when he says:

"Slaughter program" .....

then it will be your turn to:

say "#Q$@%$^%$"

Edited by Crawfishies

Not true,

we got frustrated so we started unload everything, from the start,

got him to around 50% the 1st round, then the 1st time he comes out of the shell, he still enraged.

Lucky our group was pretty much geared and we downed him using all cooldowns

even when he was around 50% enraged.

Cleanse? some classes don't have one to cleanse.

He was talking about HK in false emperor. In that instance, HK oneshotting people from the stealth is a mechanic. You have chance to stop him from doing that. My guild usually does it with AOEing him out the stealth.

HK-47 in foundry on the other hand seems really bugged now. Him enraging after the first chamber is a bug. The timer should be that he enrages slightly after he comes out of the chamber the third time.

HK-47 in Foundry has no enrage. The locks/switches on the core are just incredibly buggy and don't always register as having been destroyed. Best advice I can give is make sure you're standing still and wait for the full 1.0 second cast to go off when you destroy them, without moving. If it doesn't register all 4 locks as being destroyed, the core will not immediately rise, and HK-47 will gain his Power of the Core buff and kill everyone. Edited by Sheridyn

HK-47 in the Foundry has some bugs. The easiest way I have found to avoid the bug is DO NOT click more than one switch at a time. Assign one or two DPS for the switches and everyone else ignore them. One should be enough but if they are slow they will miss the 4th switch so having 2 people is ideal. If for some reason he comes out of the core enraged it is not a guaranteed wipe. If the tank picks him up and points him away from the group then only the tank will take the extra damage and it can be healed through. The reason this often causes wipes is because he cast suppressive fire which is a long range cone AOE. So if you keep him facing away from the group you can live through it and continue the fight. Now if he starts sniping instead, he will 1 shot anything that isnt a tank when enraged.

it's actually a mechanic

he was talking about hk in foundry not in fe

NOt completly intended unless the republic has sith wars I was unaware of. Last few instances of this bug has them spanwing instead of smugs/roopers ad-infinitum

Edited by BMBender

Jindo Krey's "ship bug" was back last night at least on Tarro Blood

Thanks for the heads up. That's in False Emperor, right? I didn't get a chance to run anything last night, but was leaning towards running FE next. I will cross it off my list until I mange to actually run a couple that I know aren't bugged.

• 3 weeks later...
Unlucky.

Maelstrom has a bug on the first boss.

He's supposed to stick to his threat target when he goes into implant mode. If he shoots that person, he'll then switch targets and hit people next on the threat list very hard (often one shot kills). Problem is, sometimes he just randomly one-shots people without ever landing that first shot. It's tough enough to dps that fight knowing that if the tank pooches the dancing that you're getting insta gibbed, but getting insta gibbed randomly even when the tank doesn't get shot is just flat out annoying.

Never had a problem with HK being buggy...just some of his mechanics (mainly the stealth/stun/instagib) are so iffy and wonky that it makes the fight much less enjoyable.

Either nobody has ever figured out how to do interrogator correctly (incredibly unlikely - as unlikely as pseudo PvPers ever having to earn anything in TOR) and some devious designer is cackling in a corner somewhere, or interrogator is bugged to ridiculous levels and the fact that it's never been fixed is very, very sad.