Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This staggered release is not fair at all.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This staggered release is not fair at all.

Bhfractai
12.13.2011 , 08:16 AM | #51
Seriously?? I didn't buy the first day and I'm not complaining about people who bought before me getting in first. It's a matter of first come first served and that is more than fair.
Zai-quon Fractai Bounty Hunter for hire
"Fear is my favorite weapon." SinisteR
Jedi Covenant

Crash-X
12.13.2011 , 08:16 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Metsuro View Post
Rift did 750k preorders day one. Swtor had 20k preorders 7/21. They only let half in the first wave. You do the math.
What...you trollin?

Chuckskyline
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #53
The whole wait in line argument doesn't fly.

That is like saying: I am going to pay a dollar for the drink of coffee but I was here first so I get it first...

and being at the end of the line, paying in full, and getting the same coffee...? Let alone if you paid more for the product?

I was never in favor of a staggered release.. and the first time I heard of it, I regretted pre-ordering it and getting involved.

People who bought on the shelf, who paid in full for the product should have the same chance as everyone else...

The game shouldn't be open until the 20th.

Karikma
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #54
I sure loved the forums, when all these whiny WoW people weren't here.
I would say something like that, but the Forum Nazis might....

Virusuu
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #55
Waaaaaaaaaaah i wanted to get in da first wave but then i didn't and now peoplez haz 4 hour head start and i really really want 2 play my lightsaberz and i quit my job 4 thiz nd im still not in **** asfkaskfaskf durrp durrrrrrrrrrp /wrists

spcarr
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #56
It is fine. It is fun. I think it is a good idea.

themacr
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #57
explain to me how it is not fair for the people who pre-ordered day1, paid their money and redemeed the codes.
(AKA who have been helping with paying for the development of this game with their pre-orders!)
People who took a shot @ day1, they didn't know the game was any good, I only pre-ordered after Beta when i knew it was for instance.
People who have followed this game for longer then most of us, who have been supporting Bioware to create this game.

How is it not fair that they get in 1st.. Someone HAS to get in 1st. If they have no staggered launch then the 1st 100k people who can connect to the login server are in first before it crashes... how would that be fair.

Chillwolf
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #58
It is called a line, works the same way it works when you go to WalMart. Get in line first get waited on first.

2+ million preorders they are making sure the servers do not melt down, not sure there was anyway around it.
http://www.disciplesguild.com

A Multi-Gaming Player Association. Founded 2003

Strite
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by OldxLady View Post
Lol no... First come first served. Those that have faith in game should get in first, aka those that pre-ordered first
Your argument is flawed. I have had faith in this game for over 4 years, was in the first 1000 to register on this very site and pre-ordered day one via GAME, the only U.K retailer stocking the 130 CE.

Unfortunately, GAME messed up the pre-order codes. I should have been in today, now it looks unlikely.

I'm not bitter, I have plenty to do at this time of year, but please don't assume everybody who hasn't gotten in held off on pre-ordering as you'd be mistaken.
Proud CE Buyer

Frostedchill
12.13.2011 , 08:18 AM | #60
LoL seriously?? its fair, they are letting in people who preorder the first day, now if you can't be bothered to preorder as soon as possible thats not Biowares for thats your fault. Now you can reap the reward of waiting like the rest of us that didn't preorder the first day.
Squadron 11-11-11