Rated Kickball

UGLYMRJ

So... just to switch things up in this time of unrest. Where players are leaving guild to form new guilds and turning 3 guilds into 6 and now almost no one has enough players to queue consistently. I see more and more kickball style matches. Good times...

Anyways... here's my idea.

We all have alts... and most of us are running the same damn specs all the time.

Who's down to have some kickball style matches with operative DPS, mercenary healers, annihilation marauders, Advanced prototype powertechs, vengeance jugs, etc, etc?

You get the idea.

Who's in?

Kickball games can be very fun. I enjoy playing with good players and against good players. All about having a good time and having fun with friends really, and learning and getting better at the same time (in my opinion anyway).

Isnt that what a guild is for? But im sure you like using half of a different guilds team instead of using one of you're 85 50's. Imo kickball is stupid it should only be played if both guilds dont have enough people to que up. But with Volition thats not the problem they always have enough to make a team but instead they play kickball and dont use their players and get good players from other guilds. Volition only ever does kickball's and only que snipe the other team. You guys should try using your own players and getting them better instead of using players from the top guilds. Whats the point of having a guild with 87 50's if all you do is kickball lately.

Edited by MrGrzecka

So we're doing ranked with subpar specs/AC's?

Pretty much what I'm thinking... all the rated teams are coordinating matches with each other anyways and even if we get a team that's not in "the loop" of rated teams out there.... I think it's safe to say we'll still win and of course field respecs help if anyone is sweating it.

I think I'm just looking for an excuse to play PT- AP and marauder annihilation. :D Seriously tho... prob be fun and it's feeling repetitive. Same thing all the time... lose to MVP... beat other guys... have close matches with a few. Rinse, lather, repeat. I don't know about you guys but I pretty much know the outcome before the spawn door opens.

Really just curious how many guilds would be interested. Could be fun.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

How bout we just fix the first part and actually get a few teams with a good competitive group so no one has to do kickball, playing with subpar specs just seems really dumb to me.

Sounds great.... tell all those people to stop leaving their guilds to create new ones that don't have 8 people on at a time. :D

Like 3 guilds just turned into 6 guilds in a game where recruiting anyone with talent is tough.

Guild drama = white people problems.

Kickball games can be very fun. I enjoy playing with good players and against good players. All about having a good time and having fun with friends really, and learning and getting better at the same time (in my opinion anyway).

I enjoy it... changes it up a bit... playing against the same damn guilds all the time with the same damn people gets old. Cough cough... cross server cough.

Isnt that what a guild is for? But im sure you like using half of a different guilds team instead of using one of you're 85 50's. Imo kickball is stupid it should only be played if both guilds dont have enough people to que up. But with Volition thats not the problem they always have enough to make a team but instead they play kickball and dont use their players and get good players from other guilds. Volition only ever does kickball's and only que snipe the other team. You guys should try using your own players and getting them better instead of using players from the top guilds. Whats the point of having a guild with 87 50's if all you do is kickball lately.

And yeah... where's Volition been? Haven't played Volition in a week or two.

It has been almost a month since Ive done a full Volition rated wz. We have had to "kickball" or fill in heavily from other guilds lately, and even then we havent been doing rateds much.

Theres a few things going on here as far as i know. The main thing is that a lot of people on our core rated team and the leaders who usually organize rateds have just been busy lately. We had someone moving, a lot of us have/had exams (myself included, just finished a few days ago). Then there's also a matter of composition, which im sure you know is important; sometimes we'll have like 10 people on and 8 of them will be marauders or something like that. The Facerollers split also took away several rated players (so Uglymrj is kind of right on that point). So while it may seem like we have a lot of people on a lot of the time, we rarely have both the leaders who will coordinate everything and a decent class composition on at the same time anymore. I'd like to think that we can get rateds going again soon with people being less occupied IRL, but I just dont know anymore.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

It has been almost a month since Ive done a full Volition rated wz. We have had to "kickball" or fill in heavily from other guilds lately, and even then we havent been doing rateds much.

Theres a few things going on here as far as i know. The main thing is that a lot of people on our core rated team and the leaders who usually organize rateds have just been busy lately. We had someone moving, a lot of us have/had exams (myself included, just finished a few days ago). Then there's also a matter of composition, which im sure you know is important; sometimes we'll have like 10 people on and 8 of them will be marauders or something like that. The Facerollers split also took away several rated players (so Uglymrj is kind of right on that point). So while it may seem like we have a lot of people on a lot of the time, we rarely have both the leaders who will coordinate everything and a decent class composition on at the same time anymore. I'd like to think that we can get rateds going again soon with people being less occupied IRL, but I just dont know anymore.

Someone needs to forward them a memo.

Video games > Real life

So... just to switch things up in this time of unrest. Where players are leaving guild to form new guilds and turning 3 guilds into 6 and now almost no one has enough players to queue consistently. I see more and more kickball style matches. Good times...

Anyways... here's my idea.

We all have alts... and most of us are running the same damn specs all the time.

Who's down to have some kickball style matches with operative DPS, mercenary healers, annihilation marauders, Advanced prototype powertechs, vengeance jugs, etc, etc?

You get the idea.

Who's in?

You know I'm in. I can do AP, Oper DPS or Vengeance. That's in order of most to least interest, I could also roll sniper or lightning sorc. Although my pvp sorc gear has been decimated to prep my shadow for 50.

Edit: I have a merc at lvl 46. I could crush him to 50 for some arsenal domination..?/???

Edited by CharterMonkKent

Hi Party Time Wakalord Flex Guildmaster here and I think you should add Deception-based assassins to the list because assassins do no damage and certainly couldn't perform adequately (much less exceptionally) in the "main dps train" on rated teams. All they are good for is node guarding.

Why aren't you guarding the node right now?

You're not allowed to alt tab during Civil War.

Hi Party Time Wakalord Flex Guildmaster here and I think you should add Deception-based assassins to the list because assassins do no damage and certainly couldn't perform adequately (much less exceptionally) in the "main dps train" on rated teams. All they are good for is node guarding.

Nah, we gotta do Madness assassins.