DNT Discusses the Roadmap

Nobody demands Fortune 500 CEOs to teach Business 101 courses. Why are you asking top end guilds to do the equivalent?

No one is demanding it, but many of them are starting to realize it's in their interest to do so. They aren't literally teaching Bus 101, but several big tech companies have started spending millions trying to draw students into their fields. IBM is offering several free introductory classes for enterprise computing. Bill Gates, and a number of other tech exes, are spending a lot of their money and time trying to bring more students into computer programming. If you're invested in something it's advantageous to you to help grow it.

His idea actually isn't that bad. Like Dev with LI... you might even end up finding a few diamonds in the rough you want to keep around.

More on topic... I haven't seen anyone mention how farming (81?) gear for 2 months will impact the difficulty of the 2nd nim raid. Hopefully the developers are taking that into consideration. :cool:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same with Shadowlands Chat, all I see is 16m SM Ops runs for comms. When you do get a pug, he thinks he is the **** and wonders why he dies all the time. Just cause you have 78's in your gear doesn't mean squat if your gear isn't itemized for the runs. (ie. Set bonuses, augments, appropriate relics)

For instance I had a tank try to tell me he tanked HM DF/DP (mind you he is a Jugg Tank), with Arkanian armorings in his gear, 23% Def and not even base line Absorb/Shield and wondering why he was getting smashed a lot and not able to hold aggro. I told him mitigation is key, healers can't keep you alive and Dps is ****** aggro. Never heard if he actually succeeded through an HM content. You can only help the ones who want the help, but there is that small percent who thinks they are better than you even though you have the achievements to prove it.

Most people don't want to put in the time that is required to get stuff done, they are still under the impression like WoW that they can be carried through and be GIVEN gear. We all know Oriconian Gear only can take you so far, none of it is BiS and certain DF pieces are random drops.

With 2 groups, hopefully 3 soon, but at the same time, we've had people leave at awkward times due to IRL, which doesn't happen in guilds like Hatred, DILIH, Aurum Gaming and DNT, because it'd mess up your rotations like it sort of did for us... So yeh, there's people between :p

It happens to all guilds, if you only have 8 players nightmare capable then it will impact you more (thats the advantage that bigger raiding guilds have). Conversely the disadvantage is more player rotation and skill variation. (People raging over not being taken / people not good enough to come etc).

For example for next content you could field 2 groups that have cleared. However if you had 1 group and the rest standby to swap comps try different things etc you might clear quicker but your members would most likely not be as positive about it.

Either way those with lower numbers / players who leave due to being bored whilst waiting for content are generally a big loss to any guild as not many of those players are left (and if they are they are generally spread across multiple guilds now).

As representatives of the gaming community we should have the right to voice how we feel of this game. We as players keep this game alive, cause we all know it really isn't the F2P players who keep it alive. Yes it is made up of Casual and Hardcore gamers, but BW needs to realize they need to keep the interests of all players and not cater to just one classification. To me the game is becoming stale minus the rehashed events they keep popping in and out. It also is beginning to feel like how SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) was before it died off.

Introducing NiM content is a bonus but not new content. Saying before they were not going to continue the story lines of the classes is nearly a game killer. I really don't care about the companion story lines. Keeping players active is what they need to focus on and continue support to PvE and PvP players is a must.

As it is to keep our groups and guilds moving forward we have to do what we can to get people into the game so we need to remain positive. Right now, I know it is getting harder to recruit and if you do luck out and get someone you also need to make sure they want to move forward as well as the next guy. When it comes down to Casual or Hardcore player there is HUGE difference and some just like to get by and others want to BiS.

...inform BW there is more to this game than Cartel Market and lame flash points to keep peoples interest.

The Cartel Market is the only reason the servers are still up. It's simple business, you do what makes you money. You can never make a group larger than 10 people happy at the same time unless they're drug addicts and it's feeding time. You play business strategy and keep the high end players competing and use the Cartel market to actually generate revenue.

How can you say the game is getting stale when there are several raids you have not cleared? How can you say NiM content is not new content? Is it because you never clear it? NiM TFB and NiM SV are totally different animals than their HM predecessors were. Are the fights against the same bosses? Sure, but they have mechanics which force different strategy and a sharper raid to kill. Hard fights get boring only when you can't kill them. FYI, it's probably hard to recruit because you've had 80% of our server tagged at some point. You don't teach, train, or foster less experienced players to reach high levels of play, you just whine about them saying "Thank the Maker they're not in Group 1", and you don't get the elite players because they go to guilds that actually compete or you push them out because they're better than your raid group.

This isn't an insult, this isn't about past history, and I can say this all with a stoic face and empty of emotions. I'm futilely trying to tell you that you're posting in an arena you do not belong in.

Edited by countpopeula

Again, why don't you pro raiders help new 55s introduce into ops? Try organizing pug groups who are interested but never did ops because they are afraid. I am not a very talented player but I used to be part of a guild so learned all the classic ops, TfB and SaV. Now, I try to pug them. I believe there is a ton of players who want try ops but scared. First most pug organizers rightfully look for people who knows the ops. I have seen new players forced to leave because they could not understand what was going on. I have never seen all this time a pug group that has new players finish EC or SaV and only a few TfB.

Long story short, if you guys want Bioware invest more time into ops, the ops population needs to increase. Increasing population is everyone's responsibility and you hardcore raiders need to take the lead.

To be honest that a great idea just not practical. Before I joined Hatred I'd do weekly runs within my old guild for new faces & players that weren't on the 16 team & there was little interest in people wanting to jump from SM to HM to NM

The big disconnect is from players who take raiding serious (own your mistake, correct it, move on) & those who are there for the adventure & social experience. You rarely find a mixture of both within a guild & its hard to crack into a top progression guild without experience & its somewhat ******.

I can tell you this don't just join a guild make sure its ideals are ones that you share & go from there.

Also if you are interested in getting into raiding there are a ton of guilds that would take you aboard & teach you. Best thing to do before joining is watch videos & study & ask questions. Can't tell you the times I used to go anyone have questions/concerns & hear silent then someone went off and derp'd

Gotta admit, I agree with a lot of what you're saying....

Not all of it, but a lot.

But next time you stream on a Titan 6 mount, press the red button :p

Edit 1: I agree with Rhom here, there is an audience between the Nightmare group and the casuals, those that do Progression, but at the same time aren't so focused on raiding. IE FIB has solidly cleared DP/DF HM officially now. With 2 groups, hopefully 3 soon, but at the same time, we've had people leave at awkward times due to IRL, which doesn't happen in guilds like Hatred, DILIH, Aurum Gaming and DNT, because it'd mess up your rotations like it sort of did for us... So yeh, there's people between :p

Every guild has that issue. Hatred was like 10 people before the great influx of NM DG & a second group was formed. TFB & S/V = sorv, noodles, beast, myself, freaky, aysua, all new during that progression era.

DNT has four new players = silent, tenberas, kakazzu, furyan going into next set of content.

sucka lost one of the their marauders & I believe the tank or the heal?

SG also had changes according to sources.

Key that those guilds do is have access to a larger recruitment base so they can refill/reload easier. They also have players that are willing to sit on progression weeks unless they are needed where in other guilds that'd be drama/.

@Ranick

"This isn't an insult, this isn't about past history"....what a load of crap. Let it go brother. Lets start with the obvious lies about your claims that we don't teach, train, or foster. The reason you do not carry our tag anymore revolves around exactly this claim. You and your group were elitist, through and through. This guy, Ranick, wanted to kick someone from his group (this group was at this time a X-Raided group) for not playing "high level of play". We, as a guild, did not condone your treatment of this individual with your elitist attitude, and that is when the crap hit the fan. So how can you say we don't teach, train, or foster?

As far as cleared content goes, X-Raided has cleared, I believe, all but the Hateful Entity. WE DO have the right to post here. We clear content. Now, do our guys raid 5 days a week, both on pub and imp side....no. So no, we are not exactly "hard core", but nor do we claim to be. The fact that you have made this post about us, and our progression, and our treatment of others, only reflects that you think you are better then most. Sure, you and your guys are clearing content faster then most, but does that give you the right to speak down to others? Because that is what you do, often, and in your standard passive aggressive manner. I don't want to give to much of my time to your vindictive waste of a post, but I did want to address your attempt at belittling us. I have instructed (for quit some time now) our players to /ignore HMD guys, simply because the back and forth is frankly immature. I personally have most of you on ignore, but this post in public forums directed at us can not be ignored. Quite comparing us to you, quite talking about us, just go about your business. The guild has been a success since day one, we have had many births in the guild (including my own little prince) and we are semi-hardcore, family-oriented, mature, and sick of being mouthed by some jerk in HMD. Get a life, get a wife, get a kid....Ranick, that way your life won't focus on us, but instead it will have more focus on REALITY!!, and yes that WAS meant to be an insult, nothing passive aggressive here, just aggressive, do to your unrelenting endless conversation about X-Raided. I am preferred status now, due to said baby and changing of mmo games, but I seriously hope someone post this for me on SWTOR Forums, as I can not. And just so you know who is defending us from your ignorant statements, this is FISH!!!

@Ranick

"This isn't an insult, this isn't about past history"....what a load of crap. Let it go brother. Lets start with the obvious lies about your claims that we don't teach, train, or foster. The reason you do not carry our tag anymore revolves around exactly this claim. You and your group were elitist, through and through. This guy, Ranick, wanted to kick someone from his group (this group was at this time a X-Raided group) for not playing "high level of play". We, as a guild, did not condone your treatment of this individual with your elitist attitude, and that is when the crap hit the fan. So how can you say we don't teach, train, or foster?

As far as cleared content goes, X-Raided has cleared, I believe, all but the Hateful Entity. WE DO have the right to post here. We clear content. Now, do our guys raid 5 days a week, both on pub and imp side....no. So no, we are not exactly "hard core", but nor do we claim to be. The fact that you have made this post about us, and our progression, and our treatment of others, only reflects that you think you are better then most. Sure, you and your guys are clearing content faster then most, but does that give you the right to speak down to others? Because that is what you do, often, and in your standard passive aggressive manner. I don't want to give to much of my time to your vindictive waste of a post, but I did want to address your attempt at belittling us. I have instructed (for quit some time now) our players to /ignore HMD guys, simply because the back and forth is frankly immature. I personally have most of you on ignore, but this post in public forums directed at us can not be ignored. Quite comparing us to you, quite talking about us, just go about your business. The guild has been a success since day one, we have had many births in the guild (including my own little prince) and we are semi-hardcore, family-oriented, mature, and sick of being mouthed by some jerk in HMD. Get a life, get a wife, get a kid....Ranick, that way your life won't focus on us, but instead it will have more focus on REALITY!!, and yes that WAS meant to be an insult, nothing passive aggressive here, just aggressive, do to your unrelenting endless conversation about X-Raided. I am preferred status now, due to said baby and changing of mmo games, but I seriously hope someone post this for me on SWTOR Forums, as I can not. And just so you know who is defending us from your ignorant statements, this is FISH!!!

To Fish, Love Ranick

Lolz. You mean Plaig? The guy Draven told me to kick on various occasions and I spent tens of hours training in open world to get to be competent for 5 months? Who the other 6 players said "If he doesn't go, we're done, I can't wipe on HM Dread Guards anymore because he missed a taunt"? Yeah, that's how that actually went down. In case ole' Fearless Leader never told you, I got a lot of whispers from Dravyn about how bad players in any group other than yours were. Remember when we were working on 10stack DT? Tons of him telling me about how people weren't good enough, we had to replace them, it was sickening. But no, my guys were totes elitist, not your group who couldn't stand that I worked my *** off and collected the best players on the server. All of your self-infused drama originated when I started offraiding with TGO and clearing raids faster than X-Raided. You know it, I know it, you can't even deny it. You confronted me with the information I nor anyone outside of your little inner circle had ever heard about in a 24 hour period, and we left because we didn't need to deal with it. If you want to talk about being passive aggressive, look no further than your GM. I will straight tell people they suck at this game to their face, he hides behind whispers and his entourage.

NiM TFB? NIM SV? The 16man variants? Please provide achievements. I have a really difficult time believing you've killed NiM Styrak, considering as a guild no one other than the group I put together could come anywhere close to getting NiM EC down before the level cap increase. We have the best 2 raid groups on the server, and the only 16man group capable of clearing the NiM content. We're busy competing for world competitive kills, and we've been Top 10 ranked since NiM TFB. Yet through all this, I still find time to cry myself to sleep about how I wish I was still in X-Raided. Wait, nope, not at all. /Gquit was the best choice we've ever made in this game. You guys don't even register on our radar at all, don't kid yourself. If you're so above it all and more mature and blah blah blah, why feel the need to have one of your lackey's post this at all? Sounds like you need a dose of your own advice. You're a f*cking leader in that guild, start acting like one. The members of your guild deserve better.

If you aren't paying for this game, then by definition you have no right to be posting about things only subscribers need concern themselves with. If you aren't clearing NiM content, you don't need to post on a thread meant for "hardcore" players. Check thyself.

Edited by countpopeula

Since DF/DP Hardmode launched many guilds have struggled either with attendance or training new people. You come accustomed to raiding with your group and Real Life throws a curve ball and the following week you have to adjust to someone new. I have no problem teaching anyone the fundamentals and strats to raiding and the bosses we encounter. But it also comes down to players who want to learn and succeed.

As a Guild Leader and Raid Leader I have only recruited lately to fill the in the areas of our groups as needed. As many of you know recruiting for Tanks and Healers has always been a feat. Dps seems easier and less tedious. The global scope of how BW has the year planned out has me thinking no matter what players will be taking a break just like when EC was released. Even though NiM content is being released some don't feel justified to stay and rehash same content with new difficulty, I like a challenge. Look at most MMO's now, their content comes about once a year and WOW has a new xpac later this year with new level cap and Raids, but also adds in some small dingeons throughout the year like BW is doing in theory.

We as Guilds need to try to stay a float while content is calm and not as fluent. X-Raided has had its ups and downs, but we remain loyal to the game and try to do weekend events to keep morale boosted. We may not raid 4-5 days a week and down content as fluent as most of the high end guilds in this conversation, but we do stay consistent and keep each groups competition flowing. \

We operate 5 ops groups on a weekly basis. Many have struggled cause of players Real Life restrictions. Most of our guys don't live, eat breathe MMO Gaming. They have a life, family, job, kids and school and can't commit fully but when they are able they support the guild and their raid group. I used to raid 5 nights a week in Wow and for it ranked in the Top 10 as a Dps and the guild I belonged too was in the Top 5 in content. I took that experience and we were able to make progression easier but also pushed the envelope and never gave up doing it. So as a player and GM I see X-Raided right up there with you guys in content achievements, but not as fast. We make progress and happy at that. I wish the best to DnT and Hatred and others I may forget, as we venture our guilds to other genres of MMO games we stay true to our members and educate along the way.

.... I have no problem teaching anyone the fundamentals and strats to raiding and the bosses we encounter...

... As many of you know recruiting for Tanks and Healers has always been a feat. Dps seems easier and less tedious...

..We as Guilds need to try to stay a float while content is calm and not as fluent...

We operate 5 ops groups on a weekly basis. Many have struggled cause of players Real Life restrictions. Most of our guys don't live, eat breathe MMO Gaming. They have a life, family, job, kids and school and can't commit fully but when they are able they support the guild and their raid group..

Tossing spoilers on this since it's off topic and honestly, /yawn. Enjoy the drama if you want, though there's nothing intelligent going on.

Curious, as I don't recall you ever taking the unseasoned recruits into your group. You always took your pick from already established raiders, leaving the "lesser" groups to have to deal with the incoming members. If this has changed since our departure, I apologize but I seriously doubt it has.

Funny, we've had to turn away several tanks and healers this month alone.

That's not the correct way to use the word "fluent". As always, you think having more raid groups means you're running a better guild. That's kind of presumptuous, don't you think? I don't know why you or your guild insist on accusing mine of harboring a grudge. Half of them were never in X-Raided, they were ********s while they were in their previous guilds, they're ********s in mine and they think the screenshots of those "private conversations" you had after we left were hilarious so they troll you. Why should we be bitter, once we split ways we immediately became the top raiding guild on the server and have been there ever since. If we hadn't parted ways, we'd still be stuck in the rut you keep everyone who disagrees with you in. We couldn't be happier or more satisfied with our situation, while you seem to need to defend yours. Can you honestly say your guild's progression is better without us? Because my side can.

Every guild has that issue.

Key that those guilds do is have access to a larger recruitment base so they can refill/reload easier. They also have players that are willing to sit on progression weeks unless they are needed where in other guilds that'd be drama/.

I can't speak for every guild you listed, but I can say that in the last six months we've had 12 applications.

If that's the larger recruitment base then ...we are all collectively fuct. :jawa_mad:

Edited by KaboomzZz

• 2 weeks later...