Character 'Stark' (Class mission The Euphony) = unbeatable

EurythmyX

As from the start I liked this game very much (great graphics and all, real enjoyable it all is)

...that is...until I met that char STARK (class mission The Euphony). That guy = realy programmed as unbeatable(??!): I play a Sage (kinetics dps skill tree level 47 hp 11615) with excellent gear + I equipped my companions in excellent ways..I play with a razer Naga Epic Elite Mouse (=fast = fluent moves)...but..that guy Stark seems to be unbeatable. Nothing works against him: interrupts do not have any real effects on the outcome of the fight..I tried all my companions (...and all fail).

I tried and failed beating that Stark now for 35 timed in a row: it allways goes the same way: first stage he takes dps (letting me believe i make progress)..but after a while he just 'decides' to take me & my companion out in just some 15 seconds: auto-healings do not work against his massive DPS, nor do the interrupts and placing myself out of side does not help either when Stark gets hammering...

So, nothing works & I must admit this provides a lot of irritation & frustration with me: even my girlfriend notices me getting irritated lately while I try beating that Stark. I do not want that..game has to be for enjoyment & fun.

When I play a game, I do it for enjoyment, not for getting irritated by some 'programmed unbeatable chars'.

I like SWTOR very much: all is great such as graphics etc. etc....there is much enjoyment & I must say it is by far the best MMORPG I have ever played.

But...why do they bring in chars like Stark with totally take away the fun & enjoyment of it all? That Stark takes away all the fun since Stark simplu is programmed as being unbeatable, obviously

I searched the internet for clues how to handle Stark, tried it all...but all failing easily. How do others cope with chars like Stark? Do they just 'skipp' the part? But can class mission be skipped? I think not

Look, I am a subscriber till March 2015 & I allways much liked SWTOR very much as from tnhe beginning..realy excellent game.

...till I met that Stark.....drains away my fun & enjoyment. This realy can come to the point that I quit playing due to that Stark character since he totally blocks any progress in my game.

What are the experiences of others with those unbeatable characters???:(

Key to defeating him will prly be interupting his Benevolence cast, as he has massive healing with that spell. As Sage u have ur Mind Snap interupt skill, then u can Knock him with Force Wave or stun with Force Stun. Even Force Lift can act like an interupt but with 2s cast it prly isnt worth it. He begins to cast it when he is >50% HP I believe.

Also If u can't really beat him on ur own try bringing some1 with u for that qst. If they are grouped with u they should see the space station (guildies, friends...) Or they can board ur ship on Fleet and then u can take them with you. He really is one of the hardest story bosses for consulars. Also make sure u bubble up, and use ur ista self heal.

If u happen to play on TofN I'll be glad to help in the evening hours or during the weekend, just whisp me in game. Character names are seen below :)

I both thank 'Spudik' & 'Felicatessen' with their well meant advises. Thanks. I also watched the clip with the underleveled sage winning. Was ok clip.

I tried all that (except for inviting others to help me in the fight) but it all failed: the damage dps coming from Stark comes so incrfedible fast & = so high dps that Tharan (almost fully loaded & me are taken out in just some seconds. Any interrrupts, well, seems they do not arrive in time since Starks dps comes so incredible fast (!!!!)...as I said it allways goes the same way: first part of the fight I keep 'entertained' by noticing Stark going to 50% health due to my coordinated actions...but then...as if a 'switch is pulled' out of nothing the comes with massively high dps & incredibly fast...killing me & Tharan in just seconds???? This is ridiculous...this is programmed to be the outcome of the fight. So, nothing I do will save me anyway. I tend to believe that even before the fight, the outcome is altready determined (randomly...say 10% chance of winning??!) and that the level one has & excellent equipment do not even have the slightest impact whatsoever. So, I quit Stark ruining my evenings & quit the class story. Yes, I can call in help...but that is not the way a class-mission ougft to be played, so I will not do that. Besides that: if I have to call in others to beat Stark...what's next? Keep caaling in others?? Not my style, being depending on others, I mean.

I experienced same with my other character: a Jedi Sentinel (focussed on DoT dps) level 46 also excellent equipment as as the companions. That sentinel also I had to leave behind (I do not play it anymore) because of a class mission opposing character on Belsavis I met. Also that char is programmed unbeatable..shielding of herself...& my massive dps (overleveled) did not have any impact: whereas my heavy strikes 1800 hp did not have any impact on that char...the only thing that char had to do was shoot say 5 times at me taking away over 20K hp of me & my companion in say 10 seconds killing us both??? Come on people..this is ridiculous...this is 'programmed to be the outcome...loosing' ! That Sentinel has tons of Cartel stuff & 5 max inventories with equipment I cannot use anymore in the game (all bound) since I could not pass that class character on Belsavis I had to leave that Jedi Sentinel be: I never played again with it as from then some 3 weeks ago & I never intend to play it again. Left it all behind me.

...& now I faces same problems with my new character (Jedi Sage kinetic dps) which also seems to be forced out of playing this game on Belsavis.......

Look...soccer football matches Brasil beginning soon, gonna watch that...& I certainly can do WITHOUT that BS undefeatable programmed class characters (Stark & another) irritating & frustrating me time after time. Leaves the question: why do they chase away their own subscribing customers this way????

I opine SWTOR is real excellent (in general)...but people..open your eyes: undefeatable programmed characters like Stark (& others, mostly on Belsavis)...well...the chase away your paying longtime subscribers. My subscribtion ends March 2015 & I will not renew again: let that char Stark (& same alike in class missions) go ruining someone else's evenings!! Bye

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's kinda strange that he would really obliterate u that fast. Do u mind posting ur stats or something? How much WP do u have or even what secondary stats do u use?

On a rare occcasion story instances bugs, have u tried going in combat log and reseting the story qst there, tried it again then?

There really isn't any unbeatable NPC in game, certainly not when u overlevel them...

It's kinda strange that he would really obliterate u that fast. Do u mind posting ur stats or something? How much WP do u have or even what secondary stats do u use?

On a rare occcasion story instances bugs, have u tried going in combat log and reseting the story qst there, tried it again then?

There really isn't any unbeatable NPC in game, certainly not when u overlevel them...

Hi, you seems to be a kind person, willing to realy take a close look at that unbeatable Stark. Thanks for doing so.

I will post the stats some hours later since right now I am in a hurry to do some shoppings before stores close.

And no, it is not sstrange to be 'taken out' by that Styark so incredibly fast & with such ridiculous high dps: believe me, with both me & Iresso at say 80% of our strenght...= after some minutes battle...& both us us shielded by me...then it comes out of nothing: then Stark at once goes throwing/hammering say 4 times (each say 2000-2500 dps(!!) dps melting all my 20K hp Iresso & me away in secs) in just couple of seconds taking both me & Iresso out??! Last 5 times I tried Iresso as company (since Tharan...well...is taken out even faster than Iresso..shielding Tharan + healing him does not even work...Stark just hammers through it all in secs)). I watched that clip of the underleveled Sage winning...however...how often did that person try it? 50 times? Or 100 times? or 200 times? ...before succeeding doing so, and placing the YT-clip? We will never know for sure. I tend to believe that that player was just lucky (even he might be a very string player, that could be, but...I do not see him do anything that I haven't tried before...& my I have very fast internet speed & excellent hardware))..since I am convinced those fights are fixed outcome from the beginning against Stark (& some other unbeatables on Belsavis). Maybe it is programmed that 2 times out of 100 times trying one gets a 50% chance of winning? I suspect something like that. In my opinion it does not even matter if one is level 40 or 50 when fighting Stark (or unbeatables alike)...outcome = fixed. But if one is lucky...getting the 50% chance after say 3 times failing...that is possible.

So, later this evening I will post the specs for you to see. Now I better do some hurrying going buying some stuff for my girlfriend before she gets angry with me! lol

(Stark, well, I can put him off when he irritates me...but my girlfriend, that is total different story when she gets mad :rolleyes: lol).

Thanks & till later

I have just been through Stark's battle and it was unwinnable for me as well, despite an overlevelled Pure Healer Sage - level 47. My companion (Iresso) is under-equipped because I did not upgrade him much (some blues here and there, the rest were the game's greens for him from Belsavis). After 4 attempts, my Knight couldn't stand my cursing, got his behind off GTN, jumped on the ship, joined in, and Stark was dead in under 30 seconds. You need a damage soaker, and a damage dealer, and Sage + Companion just doesn't supply that. The fight is probably balanced for a Shadow.

My longest fight with him lasted for many minutes. Iresso was not doing enough damage, and I kited Stark, instead of Iresso once, which was stupid. I should have kited Iresso (I did Rescue him at some point... it's all a blurr) I was using Interrupts, I was using Armor, I was using Slow and Stun, and I was healing non-stop, I had Heroic Moment going on, I was noble-sacrificing when I ran out of focus (and I am Alacrity'ied to the wazooo), and I was doing every other thing that I could think of, except for ONE that apparently wins that fight.

I was mostly stationary. I was not using the Line of Sight.

Breaking Stark's LoS (after you sacrificed the companion for as much damage as the poor sod could take), in other words, hiding from him when he starts casting his insane DPS Turbulence and interrupting his healing as soon as possible whenever possible. Because interrupting Stark is hard. he is a machine. It will probably help to pay for the repairs every time you die, so you do not go into the next round under-powered.

But yes, the best way to win this fight is simply bring someone along & save yourself some frustration. It's a very hard fight, and there is no going around it. :(

Otherwise , you have to advance to the next level of game proficiency past just knowing the spells - you have to combine it with moving your character intelligently. A LOT.

Edited by DomiSotto

Hi, stats as follows:

Sage L47

str 95 / Presence 214 / Aim 47 / Cunning 97 / endurance 937 / WP 880 / Exp. 0 / damage pri 374 / Bonus damage 60 / Accuracy 90,93% / critical 15,42 / Crit. mult. 52,09% / Health 11.615 / Armor 1690 / Dam. reduction 14,21% Defense 10%/ + 2x relic Interposing harmony (= increased alacrity rating by 110 for 30 secs each / + Kinetic Mastery D-adaptor (ear piece) rating 96 / + 2x vehemence Sub-electronic resolve D-system rating 108 each

Eradicator's Cuirass 4 pieces fully customized + Omenbringers Legwraps fully customized at level.

Iresso

Str. 47 / Pre 0 / Aim 671 / Cunning 95 / Endurance 783 / WP 47 / Exp. 0 / Damage Pri 299-359 / Bonus dam. 52.2 / Acc. 93.3 / Crit. 8,15% / Crit mult. 61.65% / Health 11.145 / Armor 2930 / Damage red. 22,32% / Defense 8,20 / + optimal earpiece + 2x implants

Tharan

Str. 144 / Pre 0 / Aim 175 / Cunning 590 / End 764 / WP 47 / Exp. 0 / Damage pri 346-469 / Bonus damage 78 / Acc. 91,9% / Critical 10,54% / Crit mult. 50% / health 10.955 / Armor 2307 / Damage red. 18,45% / Defense 9,3% / + earpiece + 2x implants

Looks like Tharan has more damage + interrupts than Iresso but in the 40 fights I had with Stark it showed that Iresso lasts far longer: Tharan somehow 'vaporizes' from 80% health to zero in secs (I do not know reason for that, it just seems to happen each time, even when I fully shield Tharan with health & power armor; seems Stark hammers through it all in just some secs with incredible high dps.

I could maybe fully equip Nadia Grell (= still guest at this stage of class quest)...but...as I already mentioned, I do not realy think it will make any difference being geared up level 40 or level 50: outcome allways the same, fixed: first Stark takes damage dps due to my coordinated actions (walking around + interrupting + healing companion ...but after some minutes as if a 'swich is turned' & Stark begins producing massive dps & incredibly fast. I also noticed that 'as out of nothing & fully unexpected at that time Stark is again a full 100% loaded (health etc.)...all happens within some seconds while he is hammering me down including him destrying me & my companion (at 80% health) with some immense dps throws...vaporizing in total approx 20K hitpoints of mine & companion together. How the hell could that be possible? Both shielded(!)...& that Starks Hammers throught it all as if power shieldings + healths + stims not even existing in that final part of the fight???

I do not mind difficult fights. To the contrary I like those: one loses say 4 or 5 times...analyses it all...making new attack plans..adjusting (sometimes using other companion) ...& beating my opponent in the end. Such is real entertainment. I like that. I beated opponenets approx 50K hp earlier, several of them on different planets...was challenging & represented real fun & entertainment.

But those class mission characters such as Stark (+ another I met with my Jedi Sentinel L46 which I could not overcome) are completely different; the outcome of those fights obviously seems to be fixed to be lost by the player as from the start; I figure as I stated above: they must have programmed them maybe something like: 'randomly each 50 fights you loose 49 times for sure and for the one fight remaining one gets a 50% chance to win. Something like that, i think". So, if one is lucky one gets his fair fight as the very first one. And better win that one, since the next 49 fights with Stark are fixed programmed as lost fights.

It is a shame that such unbeatable characters as Stark are placed in the class mission sections since players cannot realy choose 'to go around them'. This makes it real irritating. Anyway, I stopped fighting Stark: he makes me frustrated, he irritates me enormeously by now & he fully destroys the great entertainment I normally get when I play SWTOR for hours & hours. Again, I opine SWTOR is the best MMORPG I ever played (and play); it is realy great & excellent enjoyment and real fun & challenging. In fact everything is real excellent with this game. Only thing that goes horribly wrong is the totally misplaced fixed fight unbeatable characters the players encounter on Belsavis. So, I quit my class mission (seems that way I will loose the best Sage companion: Nadia Grell, but, ok..). Think I limit it all to the planet missions. The class missions are past tense for me now.

Again, thks for the interest you show for this problem.

I have just been through Stark's battle and it was unwinnable for me as well, despite an overlevelled Pure Healer Sage - level 47. My companion (Iresso) is under-equipped because I did not upgrade him much (some blues here and there, the rest were the game's greens for him from Belsavis). After 4 attempts, my Knight couldn't stand my cursing, got his behind off GTN, jumped on the ship, joined in, and Stark was dead in under 30 seconds. You need a damage soaker, and a damage dealer, and Sage + Companion just doesn't supply that. The fight is probably balanced for a Shadow.

My longest fight with him lasted for many minutes. Iresso was not doing enough damage, and I kited Stark, instead of Iresso once, which was stupid. I should have kited Iresso (I did Rescue him at some point... it's all a blurr) I was using Interrupts, I was using Armor, I was using Slow and Stun, and I was healing non-stop, I had Heroic Moment going on, I was noble-sacrificing when I ran out of focus (and I am Alacrity'ied to the wazooo), and I was doing every other thing that I could think of, except for ONE that apparently wins that fight.

Hi,

Yes, that Stark is totally misplaced in this game with the fixed fights as I explained. As about DPS: my Sage is kinetic dps skill tree & produces very high dps kinetics way even using the special heavy Kinetics implants & the 30 secs high alacrity 110 for 30 secs (& i have two of those!). So, I produce very heavy DPS with my kinetic Sage. As I explained on different planets my Sage took out oppionenets (Chiefs as I recall & a General) both having approx 50 K hitpoints. Took a while, most times I lost first time, but then adjusted my attacks & beted them. Was real good entertainment.

So, difficult fights I do not have have a problem with, those take time, but that is part of the fun of it all.

No, it is the 'fixed outcome fights' such as Stark that frustrate me. Thiose are fully misplaced in the class mission section.

I some 3 weeks ago left another charcter I have: a Jedi sentinel level 46 which faced also some unbeatable opponent on Belsavis. I left the Sentinel and started over again: this time with a heavy dps Sage Kinetics. And guess what??? Now I face some same type unbeatabkle char in my class mission????

Anyway, each say 3 levels I optimalize my gears + those of my opponents. One should do that to face up to your opponents on the planets.

About your LoS (Stark): fcaus I did that...as often as possible. Guess what: I noticed even if I am out of sight too much of his bursts keep hitting me? Why is that??

Last: you can keep running aroound (for some time_ but yr power will be drained far sooner than that of Stark: he seems to be able to fully "refill himself'" in just some secs while he is after you....didn 't you notice that????:eek:

Anyway, being beated for say a max of 15 times against very diffucult opponents, well that can happen, I have no problem with that. That makes one analyze how to change adjust the attack plans...= entertainment.

But being beaten for 40 times in a row in fixed outcome loosing fights? no, I do not like that. I leave that for others lol. So, I quit those missions as sson as I reach Belsavis. That is my opinion about it all. Justy go do some planet missions & leave those ridiculous class missions (as from planet Belsavis) far behind you. Obviously they made some horribly programming errors with chars like Stark (& 1 other char I know of). Just skip mit all. :(

This is ridiculous...this is programmed to be the outcome of the fight. So, nothing I do will save me anyway. I tend to believe that even before the fight, the outcome is altready determined (randomly...say 10% chance of winning??!)

Also that char is programmed unbeatable..shielding of herself...& my massive dps (overleveled) did not have any impact:

No offence meant, and sorry to be somewhat blunt. I think you are fooling yourself with such thinking. The JK has some tough enemies in the class story, that is definitely true. And the Stark guy is tough as well. But totally not unbeatable, and totally not programmed to be so. I and many of my friends would have seen variations in the fights if your theory was true. Instead we saw variations in our fighting, and guess what, made it past those enemies.

I suggest either bring some friends, as someone else said, or take movies of the fights and analyze them, ideally again with friends. Since you seem to miss abilities of your opponent like when he is healing himself.

If there is a bug, the friends might help identify it. Bugs are of course always possible. I find it kinda interesting though that the bugs in all the class stories happen to the same person in front of the keyboard. But who knows.

Edited by Nazdika

No offence meant, and sorry to be somewhat blunt. I think you are fooling yourself with such thinking. The JK has some tough enemies in the class story, that is definitely true. And the Stark guy is tough as well. But totally not unbeatable, and totally not programmed to be so. I and many of my friends would have seen variations in the fights if your theory was true. Instead we saw variations in our fighting, and guess what, made it past those enemies.

I suggest either bring some friends, as someone else said, or take movies of the fights and analyze them, ideally again with friends. Since you seem to miss abilities of your opponent like when he is healing himself.

If there is a bug, the friends might help identify it. Bugs are of course always possible. I find it kinda interesting though that the bugs in all the class stories happen to the same person in front of the keyboard. But who knows.

Hi,

Don't you think it to be a little bit odd to having 'to call in friends' for beating some class mission charcater? We are talking about 'CLASS MISSIONS' here...not 'HEROICS MISSION'. (..I used the capitals here because I noticed you failed to realy see my previous analyses/comments on the 'STARK ADVENTURE', so maybe this helps? lol

If you wojuld have seen my earlier messages than you would have noticed that I earlier on planets beated opponents with 50K HP and far stronger stats than Stark. Those were far more difficult opponents than Stark OUGHT TO BE with his low stats against a Jedi Sage level 47 geared up to the max with equipment?!. (...again the capitals.....its for a reason...you guessed right!...lol). So, simple question: how can I beat opponents far more difficult than Stark. Must say those other oponenets were realy a challange...some took me 6 times to figure out the right tactics...but I won in the end 'since those were certainly not FIXED OUTCOME FIGHTS' as Stark is.

Last question I have for you: how come I played SWTOR for months now on an average of say 3 hours per day with great enjoyment...whilst I now not even do not want to logg in anymore...due to those very negative effects that Stark char with his fixed fights placed on me. Today I do not even want to logg in out of pure frustration. I expect it will take days for me to get rid of that very negative taste that fixed outcome fight-player char Stark brought on me: in short: that Stark realy drained all my enthousiasm, enjoyment, fun away to the bone! This is no joke, this is realy true. It will take me many days before I will even logg in again. That is how your insane 'fixed-outcome-IT-programmer' did with my fun.: he drained it all away. And now I meet some person as you telling me that I am supposed to be 'too dumb' to win a 'fixed outcome game'. There are many pleasant people on the MMORPG-games...but too often you meet also unpleasant people. To avoid unpleasant people I want to be able to play solo for say 75% of the time....and fill the other 25% of the time in joint fights with others (...risking meeting unpleasant people...well, I could block them).

Anyway, thank you for your kind & constructive input by telling me that 'I am most probably too dumb to play this game'. Thank you.:(

Hi,

I did my sage storyline very long time ago, but I don't remember any serious troubles anywhere in the process. General rule for any losses in class quests for several times in a row is "You are probably doing something wrong". And while bringing friends with you can help you pass these quests, it won't give you any experience or knowledge to avoid further problems, so I'd suggest you try to beat this on your own.

Since I don't remember the boss, I won't say anything about tactics and interrupts, but that has already been covered by other replies here. What I can say is "check your gear". Look for yourself:

damage pri 374 / Bonus damage 60 / Accuracy 90,93% / critical 15,42 / Crit. mult. 52,09%

You keep stating that you do some serious damage, but it seems not to be true. I checked my lvl46 toons and they have primary damage in 500-600 range, 200 of which is bonus damage, while also having 5-10% more accuracy, crit chance and crit multiplier. My lvl 46 assassin also has a bit more armor, so I suggest you take a close look at what you are wearing: an average item/modification rating for blue level 47 gear is, iirc, 112. That's what you should aim for at least in your mainhand hilt. All other your gear should 1) not be green 2) not be more than 4-6 lvls lower, unless it's purple (that roughly stands for rating above 100-104) 3) not contain too much tank stats - defence, shield and absorb ratings. The same is true for companions. From your stats I'd say that you have an outdated mainhand weapon and some lack of dps secondary stats. Try looking into it as well as into the tactics for both the boss's skills and your own. Also, if possible, post the results of your gear investigation, I'm curious if my thoughts about your gear are correct.

Hi,

I did my sage storyline very long time ago, but I don't remember any serious troubles anywhere in the process. General rule for any losses in class quests for several times in a row is "You are probably doing something wrong". And while bringing friends with you can help you pass these quests, it won't give you any experience or knowledge to avoid further problems, so I'd suggest you try to beat this on your own.

Since I don't remember the boss, I won't say anything about tactics and interrupts, but that has already been covered by other replies here. What I can say is "check your gear". Look for yourself:

You keep stating that you do some serious damage, but it seems not to be true. I checked my lvl46 toons and they have primary damage in 500-600 range, 200 of which is bonus damage, while also having 5-10% more accuracy, crit chance and crit multiplier. My lvl 46 assassin also has a bit more armor, so I suggest you take a close look at what you are wearing: an average item/modification rating for blue level 47 gear is, iirc, 112. That's what you should aim for at least in

your mainhand hilt. All other your gear should 1) not be green 2) not be more than 4-6 lvls lower, unless it's purple (that roughly stands for rating above 100-104) 3) not contain too much tank stats - defence, shield and absorb ratings. The same is true for companions. From your stats I'd say that you have an outdated mainhand weapon and some lack of dps secondary stats. Try looking into it as well as into the tactics for both the boss's skills and your own. Also, if possible, post the results of your gear investigation, I'm curious if my thoughts about your gear are correct.

Hi,

Thanks for your constructive comment, indeed. However, you keep mentioning 'the mainhand weapon' which is the lightsaber: trust me, the lightsaber is not the one doing the high dps my Sage produces. In fact a Sage does almost never realy uses the lightsaber for placing the high -dps. So, you mentioned the light-saber stats...which are my lowest. The massive DPS which I produce with mind crush & telekinetics are not even mentioned, but those are a general asset of the Jedi Sage. I even preferred to choose the kinetics-dps-skill-tree to make the telekinetics dps even far higher. So, you are mistaken: the mainhand (lightsaber) is not realy of any big interest for the Jedi Sage at all. Though I equiped it with the highest & best crystal there is (purchased from the market, rating 146 crystal orange-red crystal) I only use the lightsaber sometimes for 'the finishing off'. The real fight the Sage uses far higher telekinetics & mind crushing dps etc.

That Stark = level 42...has even low stats. That char should not even be challenging for my very powerfull high dps Sage. But...if you have read my earlier messages: I face either a bug (which I do not think) or the fights against against stark are 'fixed-programmed fights'. The latter I am convinced is the truth: fixed fight. And what does this mean? It means two things: first remind yourself that you at least have to fight that Stark 49 times (with fixed lost outcome) before you receive you FAIR fight giving you some rough 50% chance to win it. And if you loose that 50%-chance-fair fight, well, then you better get ready for the next 50 fights you have to do with Stark to get another 50%-chnce -fight to beat him.

But then again: if you are very lucky you get your 50%-fair-fight within the first 3 fights & you win it (...& place your fight proudly on YT ..lol).

So, in short: due to that fixed-fight-mechanism I am facing up to a next 50 fights with Stark of which I will loose 49 fights for sure/fixed...as explained). And that mechanism is not what I like: as far as the class missions are concerned I allways thought those were supposed to be fair-chance-fights...but this it not the case with the chars the players will meet when reaching Belsavis.

As to equipment: I allways purchase the best equipment from the markets (& cartel market)...takes some credits or cartels but those will benefit one on the planets. I usually upgrade after 3 or 4 levels (besides the mods I win along the way). So, no big deal that some of the equipment = level 45/46 while having reached level 47 already.

What does count however is: my high level 47 against that 'supposed-to-be-diffult-low-char-Stark-with-level-42-only(!) We are talking a big difference (unintended overlevelled by me...because I first did the Hoth-missions, all...since I liked them a lot). So, that obviously shows the real story and proof that the - Stark-fights contain some programmed mechanism as I described earlier. This is very clear & vey obvious especially when I can compare my level 47 Sage + companion also level 47 fcaus (very well equiped) with just some level 42. For me (and many other intelligent people reading this) this shows beyond any doubt the existance of the 'programmed-Stark-fight-oytcome-mechanism". Trust me: I i would have level 55 Sage Kinetics then I still would be loosing those fights! all clear.

I realy valued your sincere comment, indeed. But try to see the big-picture here and do not point out to me that my Sage lightsaber produces lesser dps than those of Assassins, Sentinels, Marauders or Guardians. :)

(...and beware of 'Nazdika' not placing you in the same 'box' as she just did (see above) with me: for her I am just "catagory player too dumb to understand & play the game":D)

thks for your kind comment.

Edited by EurythmyX
typing errors

Hi,

Don't you think it to be a little bit odd to having 'to call in friends' for beating some class mission charcater?

You do not have to, in my opinion at least. Stark is beatable solo. But if one wants to get past a certain point to keep having fun, why not asking a friend to come along. I help people all the time with class stories, and also have asked friends to come along for various reasons. On other fights though, not the Stark one.

Those were far more difficult opponents than Stark OUGHT TO BE with his low stats against a Jedi Sage level 47 geared up to the max with equipment?!. (...again the capitals.....its for a reason...you guessed right!...lol). So, simple question: how can I beat opponents far more difficult than Stark. Must say those other oponenets were realy a challange...some took me 6 times to figure out the right tactics...but I won in the end 'since those were certainly not FIXED OUTCOME FIGHTS' as Stark is.

Well. It is your theory that Stark is a fixed outcome fight. I do not know what you count as stronger enemy. Enemies have different abilities one needs to adjust to. An enemy who can heal himself for example is always tricky since one totally needs to interrupt the self heal. He can have a tenth of health of another enemy, and still be stronger. Since he heals himself.

Last question I have for you: how come I played SWTOR for months now on an average of say 3 hours per day with great enjoyment...whilst I now not even do not want to logg in anymore...due to those very negative effects that Stark char with his fixed fights placed on me. Today I do not even want to logg in out of pure frustration. I expect it will take days for me to get rid of that very negative taste that fixed outcome fight-player char Stark brought on me: in short: that Stark realy drained all my enthousiasm, enjoyment, fun away to the bone! This is no joke, this is realy true.

I absolutely believe you. That is why I thought bringing friends might be a good thing. So you could get past that stupid Stark guy and keep having fun. In my very uneducated and stupid opinion a lot in life is about finding what is fun to oneself and doing just that. However BW designed Stark.

That is how your insane 'fixed-outcome-IT-programmer' did with my fun.: he drained it all away. And now I meet some person as you telling me that I am supposed to be 'too dumb' to win a 'fixed outcome game'. There are many pleasant people on the MMORPG-games...but too often you meet also unpleasant people. To avoid unpleasant people I want to be able to play solo for say 75% of the time....and fill the other 25% of the time in joint fights with others (...risking meeting unpleasant people...well, I could block them).

Anyway, thank you for your kind & constructive input by telling me that 'I am most probably too dumb to play this game'. Thank you.:(

It is not my programer and that is not what I said. And also not what I meant. Everyone misses things in the heat of the battle. Top players often make movies and analyze them. I am not a top player by a far shot btw. But from a tough fight, why not make a movie and try to look for the things I missed in the heat of the battle. And with this I am out of this thread. Good luck to you!

So, I produce very heavy DPS with my kinetic Sage. As I explained on different planets my Sage took out oppionenets (Chiefs as I recall & a General) both having approx 50 K hitpoints. Took a while, most times I lost first time, but then adjusted my attacks & beted them. Was real good entertainment.

Did you hide away from Stark once he started casting his high damage spells like Turbulence? Lure him out in the bigger room, where you had a better freedom of motion? Did you use Heroic Moment, had adrenals, medpacks, relics? Can the companion you are using as a meatshield withstand a loot of damage and is geared for power/defense/absorb.

That's what I would have tried if I decided to go on solo and read up some on Internet on Stark and his abilities. Yes, his casting beats anything the player can do if you set them one on one. Yes, Sage is not the strongest or the easiest to play class. And, unfortunately, the Class story for a COnsular has to provide stimulating fights for a Healer, DPS and a Tank all in one. So, on one hand you probably have a Shadow Sage yawning through most of the class quest, and the healer pulling hair, particularly a healer who like me is used to a permanent group role, not a solo survival. I am actually afraid of playing Sorcerer solo because I do not think I am proficient enough to win solo fights of a similar difficulty. Even if I have Khem geared up better than the PC, similar to my treatment of Riggs on a Smuggler.

Finally, seeing you enjoy playing a MMO, why are you opposed taking someone else along? So, it's a class mission. But the game is conceived as a group based game, so it is not against any rules to get a hand. Adding another player turns this fight into a low level mob squash.

Did you hide away from Stark once he started casting his high damage spells like Turbulence? Lure him out in the bigger room, where you had a better freedom of motion? Did you use Heroic Moment, had adrenals, medpacks, relics? Can the companion you are using as a meatshield withstand a loot of damage and is geared for power/defense/absorb.

That's what I would have tried if I decided to go on solo and read up some on Internet on Stark and his abilities. Yes, his casting beats anything the player can do if you set them one on one. Yes, Sage is not the strongest or the easiest to play class. And, unfortunately, the Class story for a COnsular has to provide stimulating fights for a Healer, DPS and a Tank all in one. So, on one hand you probably have a Shadow Sage yawning through most of the class quest, and the healer pulling hair, particularly a healer who like me is used to a permanent group role, not a solo survival. I am actually afraid of playing Sorcerer solo because I do not think I am proficient enough to win solo fights of a similar difficulty. Even if I have Khem geared up better than the PC, similar to my treatment of Riggs on a Smuggler.

Finally, seeing you enjoy playing a MMO, why are you opposed taking someone else along? So, it's a class mission. But the game is conceived as a group based game, so it is not against any rules to get a hand. Adding another player turns this fight into a low level mob squash.

And this is where being in a good guild becomes invaluable. What? up-coming sage healer needs help with a boss fight? Lemme-at-em!

He's not unbeatable. I wouldn't have gotten past him if he was.

Gear Nadia up. She's an amazing DPS companion.

If all else fails, come back in a level or so and have another run at him.

Hi,

Thanks for your constructive comment, indeed. However, you keep mentioning 'the mainhand weapon' which is the lightsaber: trust me, the lightsaber is not the one doing the high dps my Sage produces. In fact a Sage does almost never realy uses the lightsaber for placing the high -dps. So, you mentioned the light-saber stats...which are my lowest. The massive DPS which I produce with mind crush & telekinetics are not even mentioned, but those are a general asset of the Jedi Sage. I even preferred to choose the kinetics-dps-skill-tree to make the telekinetics dps even far higher. So, you are mistaken: the mainhand (lightsaber) is not realy of any big interest for the Jedi Sage at all. Though I equiped it with the highest & best crystal there is (purchased from the market, rating 146 crystal orange-red crystal) I only use the lightsaber sometimes for 'the finishing off'. The real fight the Sage uses far higher telekinetics & mind crushing dps etc.

I realy valued your sincere comment, indeed. But try to see the big-picture here and do not point out to me that my Sage lightsaber produces lesser dps than those of Assassins, Sentinels, Marauders or Guardians. :)

(...and beware of 'Nazdika' not placing you in the same 'box' as she just did (see above) with me: for her I am just "catagory player too dumb to understand & play the game":D)

thks for your kind comment.

Hi, sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner. Looking at ur stats u are clearly doing something wrong. First of all Sages LIGHTSABER is important to him as any other char. Yes u don't swing with it but all of the stats from it Damage, Force Power, Power etc. contribute massively to all of your abbilities. Force power most of all contributes to ur bonus damage... So having Hilt for lets say lvl 28 dumps ur damage on TK Wave by 1-2k, not speaking of other spells. Lightsaber is vital part of Jedi, even if u just hold it in hand. Try to get hilt like this for example Resolve Hilt 21

Also having 52% Critical multiplier tells me u have next to no Surge on your gear thats wrong. 15% chance for crit means very little crit rating which is also wrong, not so much though because high crit rating is also bad. And I can only guess how much power u have...

Willpower seems alright but thats about it. So once again we are at gear issue and even if you think u produce massive DPS, with stats like this u CAN'T be doing that. What mods are u using? What specific stats do u have on each piece of gear?

As a DPS your stat priority should be Willpower>Power>Surge>Crit. rating and really a tiny bit of Alactricity (as u have a click relic thats just about what u need + Mental Alactricity) I have TK sage my self and I have 0 Alactricity on my gear, using only MA

For Iresso u want his gear look like Endurance>Aim>Defense rating>Shield rating>Absorb rating

For Tharan Cunning>Power>Surge>Crit. rating/Alactricity

Nadia goes with same stats as u do, Qyzen same as Iresso and Zenith same as Tharan

Don't give up on the game mate, Its a wonderfull experience :p

EDIT: Forgot to add, all DPS Classes need Accuracy (100% melee / 110% Force/Tech), but this really is an issue only when u start raiding so don't bother with that while leveling too much and go for Surge

Edited by spudik

Consular story has the toughest bosses. Closely followed by Jedi Knight story. In these boss fight you really need good gear, know about advanced tactics like LoS, and interrupt (don't bother interrupting fast channeling abilities though, only the ones that take more than 2 seconds).

I remember having trouble with this fight on Balance Shadow. I even had trouble with my latest Shadow (Kinetic Combat) only because I didn't remember what to do here. LoS.

Just a warning: if this fight is tough you're going to hit the brick wall in the next quest on Belsavis (there's a really cheap way to do it though :cool:). You really should learn how to interrupt properly or you will never finish chapter 3 (there's only one ability in last fight you must interrupt or else...).

Edited by Halinalle

Also what abbilities are u using? Rotation for 45+ TK Sage should look like this:

Weaken mind>Turbulence>Mind Crush>Force Potency>Mental Alactricity> Telekinetic Wave > Disturbance>Disturbance>Weaken Mind >Turbulence > Telekinetic wave> Mind Crush

Use Mind Crush on cooldown IF MA isn't running under MA it is better to use Disturbance.

Use Telekinetic Throw ONLY when u have the 1,5 sec casz buff from using Disturbance on target with Weaken Mind (Procs once in 10s window)

I have seen way too many players who were doing excelent dps by their opinion and then we found they are underperforming by 90%

The game overall is easy, it takes u through no matter which buttons are you mashing. And then there are few NPCs who actualy fight back and all of the sudden they are unbeatable and programmed to win. Its not like that, its just tough mob where u need to play ur class to its full potential and not just roll ur face on the keyboard...

First of all Sages LIGHTSABER is important to him as any other char. Yes u don't swing with it but all of the stats from it Damage, Force Power, Power etc. contribute massively to all of your abbilities.

This. Just checked it to be absolutely sure: your melee and Force attacks scale identically depending on your lightsaber damage rating. Also very important replies about secondary stats and rotation above.

You got me really intrigued... My sage is only 38 and still at coruscant but now i'll go all the way and see for myself this stark guy, he sounds loads of fun ^_^ I don't expect him to be half as difficult as you make him out to be though, there is no such thing as a fight programmed to be a certain defeat

Hi, sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner. Looking at ur stats u are clearly doing something wrong. First of all Sages LIGHTSABER is important to him as any other char. Yes u don't swing with it but all of the stats from it Damage, Force Power, Power etc. contribute massively to all of your abbilities. Force power most of all contributes to ur bonus damage... So having Hilt for lets say lvl 28 dumps ur damage on TK Wave by 1-2k, not speaking of other spells. Lightsaber is vital part of Jedi, even if u just hold it in hand. Try to get hilt like this for example Resolve Hilt 21

Also having 52% Critical multiplier tells me u have next to no Surge on your gear thats wrong. 15% chance for crit means very little crit rating which is also wrong, not so much though because high crit rating is also bad. And I can only guess how much power u have...

Willpower seems alright but thats about it. So once again we are at gear issue and even if you think u produce massive DPS, with stats like this u CAN'T be doing that. What mods are u using? What specific stats do u have on each piece of gear?

As a DPS your stat priority should be Willpower>Power>Surge>Crit. rating and really a tiny bit of Alactricity (as u have a click relic thats just about what u need + Mental Alactricity) I have TK sage my self and I have 0 Alactricity on my gear, using only MA

For Iresso u want his gear look like Endurance>Aim>Defense rating>Shield rating>Absorb rating

For Tharan Cunning>Power>Surge>Crit. rating/Alactricity

Nadia goes with same stats as u do, Qyzen same as Iresso and Zenith same as Tharan

Don't give up on the game mate, Its a wonderfull experience :p

EDIT: Forgot to add, all DPS Classes need Accuracy (100% melee / 110% Force/Tech), but this really is an issue only when u start raiding so don't bother with that while leveling too much and go for Surge

Hi,

Very interesting what you mentioned in your constructive posting: I got my guidings from sites as 'jedispecs.com & dulfy.net' re skill trees/rotations/gears. It could be very well possible that I did not interprete & translate those guidings properly. In short: it could very well be that you are entirely right with yr analysis of my specs since you (+ Halinalle + Magi-ster) seems to be real experienced players who know very well what you are talking about. Magi-Ster reading this: my apologies since it seems you were right afterall(!) Halinalle: thanks for yr advise re movements: LoS & movements are realy doing ok with me as from the time some 5 weeks ago when I went using the razor epic elite mouse which provides me with over 40 easy key-bindings for comfortable playing/moves/movements: I never have to move my hands of the keyboard or the mouse & got quite used to the Razor mouse enabling me to click blindly & keep focussed on the screen.

Spudik:

As I mentioned your comments are real refreshing especially when i consider that my focus with Jedi Sage Kinetic skill tree was : willpower ---> endurance --->alacrity---->critical (i even total neglected on purpose Power & Surge; even my light saber with best crystal rating 146 is critical focussed).

So I for sure will look into this, indeed very interesting. As for gearing/equipping my main & companions that is easily (...that is: if one knows what best to buy..that is lol) since I discovered some two weeks ago that the best & fastest way to get credits is buying "Weekly passes : operations" & selling them fast for each 330K...provides easy much credits. Most of the time I have some 1.5 - 2 mil creits to buy best equipment on market though I also use my planet commendations (which easily go up to max 100); trick is to overlevel a new planet by +1 so you can change yr commendations at fleet or next planet merchants.

Allways pleasant to meet people like you & Halinalle & Magi-Ster & some others in the game: since you privide constructive info in an objective way.

I will study yr comment together with those of the mentioned guiding-sites & will post my adjustment stats & findings in lets say 3 days from now. As for now: I find it better to avoid the class mission for some weeks & better go doing some normal stuff on planet missions & helping others out in heroics or so. I better leave the class mission be for the time being. Those Stark-encounters gave me somewhat a kind of negative feelings of 'DEAD-MAN-WALKING" :o as in this YT-clip:

Rank1 - Such Is Life (Official Video HQ)

or:

Golden earring - Twilight zone YT you can google yourself)

But if unavoidable, than I would prefer the 2nd clip:)

Thanks again & I will study it all and post in some 3 days from now.

You got me really intrigued... My sage is only 38 and still at coruscant but now i'll go all the way and see for myself this stark guy, he sounds loads of fun ^_^ I don't expect him to be half as difficult as you make him out to be though, there is no such thing as a fight programmed to be a certain defeat

hahaha...but...better be careful what ya wish for??! isn't that the proper saying in english, since i myself am Dutch).

Think of it: by the time this threat will be solved/finished we both gonna sell it off easily as a 'best-seller"!:D

But seriously: better first read the sincere objective comments provided by Spudik/Halinalle/Magi-ster before facing Stark...otherwise you risk becoming the next dead-man-walking...just like me (kidding)

& on the other hand: maybe you get lucky and you get you first 50%-fair-chance-fight within yr first 3 encounters & you win it? Let await, but please let us know at that time.

hahaha...but...better be careful what ya wish for??! isn't that the proper saying in english, since i myself am Dutch).

Think of it: by the time this threat will be solved/finished we both gonna sell it off easily as a 'best-seller"!:D

But seriously: better first read the sincere objective comments provided by Spudik/Halinalle/Magi-ster before facing Stark...otherwise you risk becoming the next dead-man-walking...just like me (kidding)

& on the other hand: maybe you get lucky and you get you first 50%-fair-chance-fight within yr first 3 encounters & you win it? Let await, but please let us know at that time.

I'll take you up on that. I love nothing like a good PvE challenge. I'll kill the damn Stark man, reset the phase, kill him again, reset phase, kill him and so on until i'm satisfied. I will film it as well ^_^

PS i didn't read page 2 of this thread and i won't. Too many walls of text and i'm going through a lot of those these days...

PS2 i'll do my best to get there today but i don't have much time... It might be tomorrow or monday. I will check back though

Edited by Kawabonga

I'm just happy to help as this is also my main assigment in our guild and I've already helped few players :) I'll be more than happy to get to more theory but with the stat priority and rotation I already posted u should see some gd results... :)