Snipers finally getting some love in pvp 6.0, thank you devs!

ShieldProtection

I'm extremely happy that we finally getting our long waited phasewalk-like ability in 6.0, we were getting destroyed by kill seeker behaviour from siths and jedis and it was hard to survive, especially it was hard to survive in many of us as snipers. Thank you for giving us Relocate ability, it will help us to survive against mad sith and abuser jedi knights.

No more getting targeted first in pvp, no more being a easy target.

Bad melee characters cry high, snipers rock sky high! Hell yeah!! THANK YOU BIOWARE!

LoL, as if snipers needed love. And giving them phase walk is so ridiculous. It’s just Bioware being lazy. Classes are all becoming generic now. Next thing snipers will have light sabres too :rolleyes:

If you’re an easy target, then phase walk won’t help you. As a sniper you should be controlling those melee. The only ones that should even be a challenge are fury maras

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Finally bads like me can play snipers and last 15-20 seconds longer! Imagine what sniper lords can do with phasewalk, though? Snipers are going to easily be the top DPS class for PVP now.

I’m going to grab that tactical that lets your phase walk reset (so you get two). Then I’m going to play cheesy tactics on my Engineering sniper for laughs.

I’ll use all my utility points to increase total survivability and mobility.

I can’t wait to see people QQing and calling hacks and how OP snipers are cause they teleport all over the place and my grenades are rooting and slowing them at the same time,

Of course, my Dps will be rubbish, but it will be funny :D

I’m going to grab that tactical that lets your phase walk reset (so you get two). Then I’m going to play cheesy tactics on my Engineering sniper for laughs.

I’ll use all my utility points to increase total survivability and mobility.

I can’t wait to see people QQing and calling hacks and how OP snipers are cause they teleport all over the place and my grenades are rooting and slowing them at the same time,

Of course, my Dps will be rubbish, but it will be funny :D

Wow there Trixxie. I though you left the game and Vanilla WoW was the shizzle? Are you saying that you were talking nonsense before and you are playing SWTOR?!

No! Who would've thought! I'm so surprised!

I don't think classes are becoming generic at all, but phasewalk was something snipers didn't need. Their survivability and kiting ability is already pretty good if you know what you are doing.This will make them outright invincible. I predict lower damage to compensate, because there is no way anyone is gonna manage to pick off the snipers.

But it's too late to change it now. I guess i will enjoy my gunslinger OP times while they last. xD

Edited by Nemmar

I don't think classes are becoming generic at all, but phasewalk was something snipers didn't need. Their survivability and kiting ability is already pretty good if you know what you are doing.

You are arguing as if 99 % of all players were as good as Snave, for example, and because of that wouldn't need it.

You don't think of those who are not that good. You want to have the whole game getting measured against the 0,5 % of the player base that "knows what to do" , cynically speaking.

It's as saying that people didn't need cooking books "if they know what they do".

And now you will say that my example is wrong.

Wow there Trixxie. I though you left the game and Vanilla WoW was the shizzle? Are you saying that you were talking nonsense before and you are playing SWTOR?!

No! Who would've thought! I'm so surprised!

I don't think classes are becoming generic at all, but phasewalk was something snipers didn't need. Their survivability and kiting ability is already pretty good if you know what you are doing.This will make them outright invincible. I predict lower damage to compensate, because there is no way anyone is gonna manage to pick off the snipers.

But it's too late to change it now. I guess i will enjoy my gunslinger OP times while they last. xD

Actually I only resubbed to do PTS testing and I did go preferred for a bit till I discovered I couldn’t test unless subbed.

I’ve been on the PTS and not the live game.

Yes I’m still playing WoW classic. But I didn’t want to be one of those hypocrites who comes and whines about changes after they are done. So I came back to test and provide real feed back and hopefully help make the game better for everyone.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You are arguing as if 99 % of all players were as good as Snave, for example, and because of that wouldn't need it.

You don't think of those who are not that good. You want to have the whole game getting measured against the 0,5 % of the player base that "knows what to do" , cynically speaking.

It's as saying that people didn't need cooking books "if they know what they do".

And now you will say that my example is wrong.

That’s not how you balance a class. You find people who are good and balance the class sound that skill lvl. If you don’t then nothing is balanced and higher skilled players take even more advantage of lower skilled players.

It's really ridiculous.. chasing around snipers and gunslingers on my guardian is just a pain, I don't even mess with them anymore because its a waste of time as they free cast on everyone and get the highest dps every match. They are really going to be truly OP even more so after 6.0.

can't leap them, can't push them, when you go after one he roots you and rolls away, go after him again he knocks you back and slows you and rolls away.. go after him again he flashbangs you and rolls away.. finally get to him, and he uses Dodge and runs away. Then use bag of tricks to do it all over again.. really pathetic and basically trolling class, now with phase walk and move evasion... :confused:

Edited by SaerethDL

Finally bads like me can play snipers and last 15-20 seconds longer! Imagine what sniper lords can do with phasewalk, though? Snipers are going to easily be the top DPS class for PVP now.

That's right, I am really bad at playing sniper too, but maybe between phase walk, leg shot, cover pulse, and slowing penetrating rounds, and diversion and entrench and - maybe I can finally pin that pesky melee down. Did I miss any abilities to make my life easier?

It's really ridiculous.. chasing around snipers and gunslingers on my guardian is just a pain, I don't even mess with them anymore because its a waste of time as they free cast on everyone and get the highest dps every match. They are really going to be truly OP even more so after 6.0.

can't leap them, can't push them, when you go after one he roots you and rolls away, go after him again he knocks you back and slows you and rolls away.. go after him again he flashbangs you and rolls away.. finally get to him, and he uses Dodge and runs away. Then use bag of tricks to do it all over again.. really pathetic and basically trolling class, now with phase walk and move evasion... :confused:

Yes all of this pretty much sums it up. ^

Was on my dps toon for the past couple days and been running into good snipers. At first you notice that they are always freecasting, and, well they hurt. So I started to go after these snipers that are in hard to reach places, by the time I can put pressure on them they already are melting me all the while leaving me with hardly any way to do any damage back to them.

With snipers it's like you never can engage them with an advantage they always have the advantage with extreme range, lots of CC, and now a very robust survivability kit they got a few years back which is capable of giving the sniper some of the best defensives in PVP. So if you somehow manage to get your damage off on the sniper, after going through all of their CC and damage, you have run through all your DCDs, you got nothing left to use on the sniper and they just finish you off with ease and a big chuckle at how easy you were.

Basically if you chase them you end up being either eaten for breakfast if they a great sniper, or endlessly wasting your time chasing them due to all their tools to CC enemies. So either way you end up getting trolled by this class in most of the 8v8 maps if they are a solid player. Phasewalk is going to be a game changer for the class in all forms of PVP. Kind of surprised some people think it's not a big deal.

LoL, as if snipers needed love. And giving them phase walk is so ridiculous. It’s just Bioware being lazy. Classes are all becoming generic now. Next thing snipers will have light sabres too :rolleyes:

If you’re an easy target, then phase walk won’t help you. As a sniper you should be controlling those melee. The only ones that should even be a challenge are fury maras

next thing you're gonna tell me that taking it from sins and giving it to sorcs was lazy....oh wait...

People don't understand how OP snipers are. They have a literal spammable AoE snare. That by itself makes them OP, but then theres CC immunty, 100% dodge defensive cooldown, full snare, kockback, heck i haven't played in a while, but i do play sniper on pvp as well and let me tell you unless i am being swarmed, i am gonna screw people over. Give me a telport on that? Sure i don't mind.

But, i will mind when i'm on my guardian/warrior, cause i know how vulnerable they already are to snares and the immunity to charge. Snipers are gonna get a damage nerf to make up for this. You can count on it. It won't be all fun and games.

People don't understand how OP snipers are. They have a literal spammable AoE snare. That by itself makes them OP, but then theres CC immunty, 100% dodge defensive cooldown, full snare, kockback, heck i haven't played in a while, but i do play sniper on pvp as well and let me tell you unless i am being swarmed, i am gonna screw people over. Give me a telport on that? Sure i don't mind.

But, i will mind when i'm on my guardian/warrior, cause i know how vulnerable they already are to snares and the immunity to charge. Snipers are gonna get a damage nerf to make up for this. You can count on it. It won't be all fun and games.

R.I.P. Juggs and Guardians vs Snipers.

It’s already difficult to approach them if there is zero LoS about. Even Maras have issues unless you are on a Fury Mara. That’s really the only warrior class that can take on a sniper. Giving snipers a phase walk will make it even harder for Fury and impossible for any other warrior class.

Let’s look at melee classes that snipers are against.

2x Warrior classes

Assassins/shadows

Operatives/scoundrels

PTs

Snipers can already negate 99% of those classes advantages because you can’t leap to them while they are in cover.

It negates warriors and PTs main gap closing and resource build abilities.

Stealths can’t approach undetected because snipers can see the.coming while in cover and entrench makes them unstunable.

People think snipers are not mobile enough to escape those classes. But that’s bull because snipers are extremely mobile when played correctly. They no longer need to be in cover to use 99.99% of their abilities (like they used to have to). When they move they can be immune to damage and stuns. On top of that, snipers can root, stun, slow or push back those classes and kill them before they even get to them. And let’s not forget they heal while in cover and there are other utilities they can choose to self heal while in combat.

In a contest between a sniper of equal skill vs a melee class, the sniper always has the advantage and only fury Maras cause them issues.

Now they get a 30m phase walk ability to make them even more mobile. Honestly it is such a joke. There are no words for it. I can’t even see how they need it in pve. But Bioware rub more salt into the wound because snipers can have a tactical that lets phase walk be used twice in a row. I thought Bioware were just joking or trolling with that till I saw it on the pts.

So why give it to them? Maybe because they are now the only class besides Sorcs who don’t have a leap to target ability. So let’s give them phase walk the same as Sorcs. It’s lazy development from Bioware.

Every class is becoming generic because Bioware can’t be original and think of new abilities when they add new ones.

Originally, only sins and Sorcs had speed run. Only warrior classes could leap. Only specific classes had a self heal.

Now we have nearly every class with some sort of speed run, self heal or leap type ability.

It’s lazy development and it’s made classes lose their unique feeling because those abilities have become generic to most other classes,

That's right, I am really bad at playing sniper too, but maybe between phase walk, leg shot, cover pulse, and slowing penetrating rounds, and diversion and entrench and - maybe I can finally pin that pesky melee down. Did I miss any abilities to make my life easier?

Yes, you forgot Bag of Tricks which let’s you use all your DCD’s a 2nd time :D

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I dusted off my Gunslingers a couple of months back after playing Commando for a couple of years, good timing! :D When the devs first announced the upcoming changes my first thought was, flavor of the month is upon us. The fact they're going through with this is laughable. Someone behind the scenes must love Gunslingers and Snipers.

It was :D

Sorc’s didn’t really need it, but then again, Sins didn’t really need it either and it caused a real head ache in pvp.

Indeed and I still don't think it fits with the sorcerer class to begin with. I really wish they'd never done that and would've come up with a better way to improve the sorc's survivability.

People don't understand how OP snipers are.

When I am on my healer and see decent snipers randomly in the WZs on my team (shout out to Whitefox and Headshot) I just pocketheal them when we in a heavy DPS match in regs. Just yesterday I pockethealed one of these guys in Voidstar, and I kid you not his health barely dipped and I watched the other team run to the other side to avoid his damage.

It was hilarious the sniper just started melting juggs and maras left and right. They didn't know if they ought to try to kill me, or him and ended up just running off to avoid death. Pretty sad tbh. I guess that's the state of PVP though, right now. I think noobs have no idea how to deal with snipers in PVP atm.

I use situations like this and think how phasewalk will add to it, and unless BW nerfs sniper damage, they are going to be impossible to kill now on top of pouring out tons of damage as they already do now. On my ranged at least I can avoid them if they 8in a place i cannot reach, on melee though, wow. I feel for melee lol.

Long story short, I just hope other classes get over-the-top abilities to at least put them on par with snipers and whatever other classes end up with over-the-top abilities/mechanics. Tacticals, amps, gear sets can be used to boost weaker classes and it seems that's what BW is doing. I give them credit on that front, this opens up the door for many choices and options to improve upon weaker classes.

The other issue here is the maps are going to be made even more obsolete though, with more leaps, ports, etc. etc., the maps become easier to dominate on certain classes making the objectives too easy to accomplish in them.

Edited by Lhancelot