Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

FlameYOL
07.10.2018 , 07:19 AM | #9511
Quote: Originally Posted by Padabiene View Post
As rantboi said, in that particular case standing together does the trick as well. They're all melee adds, so they come to you anyway. You only get stragglers when people start running around. LOS makes sense if there's ranged adds in the mix that wouldn't move otherwise.
I mean, if you feel comfortable with that tactic that's fine. My only experience with it, as written above, was impractical and made the fight longer than necessary: 45 seconds of standing around because the boss wasn't pulled with the adds at the start. Having to run really far to the next Kolto so the dude with aggro doesn't die (wasn't even the 70, it was the poor 56 Merc) and out of range, losing dps. Having to run all the way back because the boss was out of sight behind the pylon. And it somehow made me a pig. So yeah, not a fan.
Ah I see it now, I completely missed the Kolto point. I do it in MM where there is no Kolto, heck I sometimes even try to use the pylons to LOS his laser attack, nevermind me then. Either tactic is fine tbh, as long as the group gets to kill the boss.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Zokana
07.13.2018 , 07:04 AM | #9512
Nathema vet, last boss, second part, can't get it finished. Everyone dies but me, one guy stays rest quit while I am still engaged on the boss...

I SOLO the rest of the boss from about 75%! Scoundrel 70 scrapper

He compliments (BTW my first time doing that boss in anything other then solo) we then proceed to find the lore object, kill all the escaped creatures (achieve) and duo the light/dark extra boss pair. Great dude!
Scoundrel, Scrapper
Operative, Concealment
And lots of alts in every other class/spec
Referral Link For returning players and new players!

AlrikFassbauer
07.14.2018 , 04:50 AM | #9513
Quote: Originally Posted by Padabiene View Post
Second boss he does that weird tactic of pulling the Adds behind the pylon. Never had seen that before
I see this a lot, and in my guild it's an often-used, valid tactic. Especially in Karagga's Palace and in the entry area of Red Reapers.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Padabiene
07.14.2018 , 06:57 AM | #9514
Alrik, I wasn't talking about LOS in general. I have seen that before, too. Just not for this particular boss fight.

Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Ah I see it now, I completely missed the Kolto point. I do it in MM where there is no Kolto, heck I sometimes even try to use the pylons to LOS his laser attack, nevermind me then. Either tactic is fine tbh, as long as the group gets to kill the boss.
Yeah, I figured it might work better with a healer.