Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

BadgerFett

Why so many people in online games prefer to faceroll their face off than achieve something with a little bit of skill? Almost every WZ i enter there are like 6-8 inquisitors in one team. I cant even see map cuz everything is purple, so many stupid lightnings. I never get that, why ppl roll classes that are easy and for newbs, just like ret palas in wotlk, just like frost mages now. Please BW nerf sorcerers. Sick damage, like 3 imbollizes, stun, bubble, bubble-blind, healz, sprint, constant channeled slow, knockbacks. I mean it, what the...? I just was in WZ where total number of players were 16, and there were 13 inquisitors... PvP in SWTOR isn't cool anyway, but sorcerers make it even worse. Please do something about it because this is riddicolous. See ya peeps and may the force be with You. Edited by BadgerFett

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drink a cup of concrete and harden up. Seriously, did you die in a warzone and decide to get mad? If you end up against that many sorc's I suggest learning how to disable them instead of typing a post here. Most of us didn't roll because it was an 'easy' class or because we wanted to 'faceroll'. I made the class because I enjoy it, and because I wanted to heal. I'll be sure to come and post when I see a whole warzone of mercenaries ... because you know posting makes it easier for me to learn their skills and how to make them less effective...

Learn to cure your effects, or get someone else to. Interupt their heals, rip down their bubbles. With that many sorcs, there would have to have been an equal amount on your team to heal you, dish out the CC back, cure the slows/dots, etc. However I imagine if you were calling for nerfs in their channel, I'd avoid helping you too...

Oh, and be careful. Just because one sage/sorc can get 300k damage/150k healing, doesn't mean all of them can. Like ALL classes there are the best of their class and the worst, and the average. The 'average' sage/sorc I see either does high damage, or high healing. I very rarely see both being high unless we're referencing premades, but that is a whole different ballgame.

Edited by CandiceAurora

the other day i saw a sage do over 500k damage in a republic v republic huttball. I've never seen another class do that.

I also regularly see sages do over 450k healing.

Then there are the hybrids that do 300k damage and 150k healing.

I'm a decently geared sawbones and I'm very happy when I break 300k heals.

and if raw numbers aren't enough, you're right that the amount of utility they have is absurd. The fact that a sage can force speed through a fire trap and then rescue the ball carrier through that same trap... well all i can say is it looks like a lot of fun.

It really is as if they designed consulars first, were determined to make them really awsome, and then got over to scoundrels and were like "wait a second... well if we give them the same stuff it'll just seem silly.. soo.. uuh.. they get..stealth? flashbang? screw it i tired myself out making sage awsome scoundrels will have to be content with funnier dialogue"

Id take all sorc/sin games over the window licking huttball match i had earlier with 12 juggs. And people call sorc fotm? Mid was a mess. Bunch of guys aoe bombing each other with both teams wiping at the same time, no one could cap. Oh i made it past the first fire i might actually score this time guys nope sorry 3 more ressed on defense charged pushed charged dead and repeat ad nauseam for both sides.

Part of the issue is there isn't much you can do even if you learn all the sorcs/sages tricks. Recently got out of a huttball with 6 sorc on my team. I play an operative, the other team was fairly well balanced. We destroyed them, even though our players were mostly idiots. Why?

Huttball:

Sprint, bubble, pull. Another sorc sprint, bubbles, pulls. Huttball ends. But you say, why not kill them if they are in your end zone?

Sure, when this has happened to me, I try, and its usally a 50/50 chance of it working if I am on top of my game. Normally it ends with me either being cc'd or knocked off a ledge and them going about their business. (I play an op, so thats game over for my damage potential)

Civil war:

Sprint to turret, cap facing away from enemy = free turret start unless a sage counters you.

Voidstar:

ae those ever loving doors non stop. Oh you ran out of force? Die, the 3seconds it takes you to respawn will fill that mana back up. Not an ae dmg dealer? Throw down a healer circle and laugh at how nobody ever dies.

The only thing broken with Sorcs (aside from the double-dipping on procs) is that the stun, when you break their bubble, is not breakable. You basically waste your CC breaker on it trying to remove it and remain stunned.

Other than that, they are the weakest class at the high-end.

Edited by Payneintherear

candice that's pretty sweet that the class you wanted to play from the start just happened to be the best.

Personally I wanted to heal too only I wanted to wear a cowboy hat instead of a pope-hat so thats what I'm doing and believe me and I love the class and the flavor and the nut-kicks and the little robot hots. I heal my pocket tank and together we win games but it's utterly impossible for me to look at a sage and not be jealous of both their numbers AND their tools/utility.

What happens when rated warzones come out? If things don't shift at least a little bit, there will be absolutely no reason for a group to take me over a second sage. And I do mean second because let's face it you'll have to have at least one to be competitive.

Ha, Everyone complains about sorc. If you went against a team of 5 bh's trust me you would be crying here even more.

Seriously. You think sorcs are bad? Watch a group of 3 mercs insta-stomp anything that moves. Three of my guildies did it leveling up (I was leveling a repub at the time). If they sync their tracer rounds, you'll die in about 3 seconds.

Ha, Everyone complains about sorc. If you went against a team of 5 bh's trust me you would be crying here even more.

no..you would never be cced, they cant pull friendlies, they cant sprint, they dont have bubbles, they dont have interupt if merc, and they do less damage then sorcs.

Seriously. You think sorcs are bad? Watch a group of 3 mercs insta-stomp anything that moves. Three of my guildies did it leveling up (I was leveling a repub at the time). If they sync their tracer rounds, you'll die in about 3 seconds.

You think three snipers would be any different or three of anything for that matter....

no..you would never be cced, they cant pull friendlies, they cant sprint, they dont have bubbles, they dont have interupt if merc, and they do less damage then sorcs.

They do NOT do less damage, if you think so your out of your mind! They can easily top the damage chart, provide protection, heal, and wear heavy armor. Oh and tracer, tracer, tracer dead. Move on and cycle again against a non interupt enemy,

candice that's pretty sweet that the class you wanted to play from the start just happened to be the best.

Personally I wanted to heal too only I wanted to wear a cowboy hat instead of a pope-hat so thats what I'm doing and believe me and I love the class and the flavor and the nut-kicks and the little robot hots. I heal my pocket tank and together we win games but it's utterly impossible for me to look at a sage and not be jealous of both their numbers AND their tools/utility.

What happens when rated warzones come out? If things don't shift at least a little bit, there will be absolutely no reason for a group to take me over a second sage. And I do mean second because let's face it you'll have to have at least one to be competitive.

Indeed it is. I feel like karma has given me a good dose, since the last game I played, my favourite class spent four years being one of the worst. My world is balancing out!

Don't get me wrong, I do think that as a class we *can* be one of the most powerful classes in the games, but I'm so sick of the call for nerfs. Nerfing ANY class is silly, instead other classes should be buffed to be brought in line or other mechanisms should be put in place to limit the number of classes per warzone, limit the way certain skills get used, etc. Why nerf bubble through fire, when they can just increase the damage that fire does? There are other things they can do to limit the extent to which one class can dominate matches.

As for me, I'll be sitting in my corner healing the hell out of my group until my opposition gets smart, not getting DPS medals because I consider keeping my group alive more important than shooting off shock/dots/etc. Sadly for me, the Aussie crew on my server know me pretty well and keep one person on me to keep me busy while they nuke others.

Merc's are also extremely shallow on the mobility/utility side of things. they're stupid and slow and if you los their missile they will either have to move (they wont) and lose dps or switch targets.

A sorc won't mind if you los him, his dots are still hitting you, he can possibly get you around a corner with an aoe, or if hes really determined he can force speed after you burning an omg30sec-cd

They do NOT do less damage, if you think so your out of your mind! They can easily top the damage chart, provide protection, heal, and wear heavy armor. Oh and tracer, tracer, tracer dead. Move on and cycle again against a non interupt enemy,

They do not provide protection. I bet any merc would trade heavy armor for ridiculous bubble.