Clarification Desired: Is ALL gear going to become Bind-to-Legacy in 6.0?

Anysao

I saw in the PTS that an unusual amount of new gear is Bind-to-Legacy. Was this intentional?

Furthermore, if it was intentional, will this be carried over to all gear? I hope so, because I have some pre-2.0 named weapons that I would like to move around my Legacy.

I saw in the PTS that an unusual amount of new gear is Bind-to-Legacy. Was this intentional?

Furthermore, if it was intentional, will this be carried over to all gear? I hope so, because I have some pre-2.0 named weapons that I would like to move around my Legacy.

They mentioned that existing gear MIGHT get converted down the road (in the future at some point) but who knows if they'll ever get to it.

They mentioned that existing gear MIGHT get converted down the road (in the future at some point) but who knows if they'll ever get to it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I hope they decide to do the names pre-2.0 weapons relatively soon. They added tuning slots to them, so it’s not like the weapons have been forgotten.

From what I saw on PTS all new gear will be BoL - loot, rewards, renown crates and vendor. Existing gear is not being changed. It is good for shipping to alts, but cannot be sold on GTN.

Wait if all gear is going to be BoL. That would mean the only thing sellable on gtn would be augs?

Wait if all gear is going to be BoL. That would mean the only thing sellable on gtn would be augs?

And other crafted gear, yes.

The version of crafting in PTS3 would have made it unlikely that anyone would have bothered making anything, but Eric Musco has said that there will be some changes before live. My fear is that those changes will not be enough.

There is a new type of binding on PTS: Bind to Legacy on Equip. That means we can craft gear for other people's legacies.

That was my understanding as well. With the latest changes that Eric mentioned to crafting, it may be OK, still unsure if its worth bothering with but am at least willing to have a look now come 6.0.