Devs why you are not reacting on what is happening in solo ranked?

bladech

Tonnes of fights when one team has a healer and another has no healer and same with tanks. Or a dps quits the game and system puts a healer instead of this dps. Loosing such fight or winning it MUST bring NO ELO :mad::mad: so many fights were a lose because system fails and puts tanks or healers in one team in pure damage games! There is a very small chance that a team with no healer or no tank can win against a team with a healer or tank! DO SOMETHING. Make it so that when such games occurs no one looses or gains any elo for loosing/winning such game please!

Edit:

IN ORDER TO BRING dev's attention to this huge problem i will bring here (in this thread) ss's with such unfair fights to show devs how bad it is. Iam asking all solo ranked players to do the same (just cut out the nick names of players from your screenshots to avoid forum rulles violation). I will do it alone if i have to

Edited by bladech

Working as intended. Blame the bad matchmaking system across “all pvp”

Agreed. It's either fair play or not, and it's fair play or not anywhere/ everywhere.

Ranked is the least fair play oriented area of play there is.

If they are not intending fair play in all areas of PVP than get rid of the Cross-faction crap that has done nothing to make matches any more balanced than before and therefore just servers to piss those of us who hate cross-faction off and offer nothing in return that positive.

Speaking only for myself, I without question have lost a lot of interest in playing because of the cross-faction. Perhaps I'm the only one in the entire game that's happened to, but, than again, maybe I'm not :rolleyes:.

If match making and balance isn't there, I see no reason whatsoever to keep the cross-faction crap going on if it is not serving it's intended purpose. God knows it hasn't make queces pop faster on Imp-side on Star Forge.

As long as the promised benefits are there than I find cross-factioning for the sake of the whole barable, but only than.

I didn't join this game to fight side by side with Jedi. I joined this game to kill them. :cool:

Agreed. It's either fair play or not, and it's fair play or not anywhere/ everywhere.

Ranked is the least fair play oriented area of play there is.

If they are not intending fair play in all areas of PVP than get rid of the Cross-faction crap that has done nothing to make matches any more balanced than before and therefore just servers to piss those of us who hate cross-faction off and offer nothing in return that positive.

Speaking only for myself, I without question have lost a lot of interest in playing because of the cross-faction. Perhaps I'm the only one in the entire game that's happened to, but, than again, maybe I'm not :rolleyes:.

If match making and balance isn't there, I see no reason whatsoever to keep the cross-faction crap going on if it is not serving it's intended purpose. God knows it hasn't make queces pop faster on Imp-side on Star Forge.

As long as the promised benefits are there than I find cross-factioning for the sake of the whole barable, but only than.

I didn't join this game to fight side by side with Jedi. I joined this game to kill them. :cool:

They just need to remove the match making system they put in place, not the cross faction.

The main reason for cross faction was the imbalanced population numbers.

That’s why you’ve seen no increase in Imp pop times. But I can tell that rep pop times have drastically increased and are now the same as what Imps would have been. In that regard, crossfaction has been a resounding success.

The elephant in the room is this poor implementation of match making. They completely ruined the concept of crossfaction with bad matchmaking.

Edited by Totemdancer

They just need to remove the match making system they put in place, not the cross faction.

The main reason for cross faction was the imbalanced population numbers.

That’s why you’ve seen no increase in Imp pop times. But I can tell that rep pop times have drastically increased and are now the same as what Imps would have been. In that regard, crossfaction has been a resounding success.

The elephant in the room is this poor implementation of match making. They completely ruined the concept of crossfaction with bad matchmaking.

On that score you are certainly in a better position than myself to judge that, so sure, I can accept that possibility coming from you.

Regretably, I must admit, I don't care about Repside and whatever woes it may have, I'd be lieing if I said I don't think they deserve them, when clearly they do. :D

In nature, when a population of this species or that speices declines and finds itself faced with a predator speices that is better suited to the enviorment and is more survivabile that the preyed on speices, that's when issues/concerns of extinction become relative and really it's just a matter of time before one supplants the other.

I am looking forward to the coming extinction of the Jedi and Co. and intend to do my part personally.

They really do have it coming. :cool: <w> Get on your Rage Jugg.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I am looking forward to the coming extinction of the Jedi and Co. and intend to do my part personally.

LoL, even the sexy ones that dance for you ;)

Get on your Rage Jugg.

I wish I could. Pvp on my melee classes has nearly been impossible for me for 5 weeks due some continuously freaky lag spikes when I move or there is too much going on around me. I’ve been relegated to using my Sorc or Sin so I can survive long enough to get out of a bad situation. My dps is down about 30% and I’m dying twice as much as usual.

(So close to just unsubbing till it hopefully goes away).

I know it’s not any of the hops to the server (none detected in ping Plotter/tracert/ping cmd) and 99.9% sure it’s not the ISP as I’ve been working with one of the company founders to personally fix the problem (such good service). We also know it’s not my hardware.

We’re 80% sure it’s not swtor because I don’t know anyone else having this problem. (Still, we haven’t been able to rule it out).

Our latest hypothesis is it’s the NBN (fibre) which goes through our local POI. Unfortunately ISPs can’t back track before that to see if there’s a problem between that point and my place.

I’m currently trying to see if other people using my ISP can test swtor and see if it happens to them too. The problem is hardly anyone plays swtor in Australia anymore.

LoL, even the sexy ones that dance for you ;)

I wish I could. Pvp on my melee classes has nearly been impossible for me for 5 weeks due some continuously freaky lag spikes when I move or there is too much going on around me. I’ve been relegated to using my Sorc or Sin so I can survive long enough to get out of a bad situation. My dps is down about 30% and I’m dying twice as much as usual.

(So close to just unsubbing till it hopefully goes away).

I know it’s not any of the hops to the server (none detected in ping Plotter/tracert/ping cmd) and 99.9% sure it’s not the ISP as I’ve been working with one of the company founders to personally fix the problem (such good service). We also know it’s not my hardware.

We’re 80% sure it’s not swtor because I don’t know anyone else having this problem. (Still, we haven’t been able to rule it out).

Our latest hypothesis is it’s the NBN (fibre) which goes through our local POI. Unfortunately ISPs can’t back track before that to see if there’s a problem between that point and my place.

I’m currently trying to see if other people using my ISP can test swtor and see if it happens to them too. The problem is hardly anyone plays swtor in Australia anymore.

Why do you think it's harder on melee than ranged? I really don't know that stuff like you do, that really sucks though. I mean how is that fair to do to players just because of where they happen to be located? How can you charge them the same subscription fee when they are not going to be getting the same full able-bodied service as someone who happens to be located closer to better ISP points? Even if it's not SWTOR, it would still be aware that the service itself would be different in certain locations and have lesser response times and effect the viability of play in combat. That's not really fair.

Well if the service of people playing in Australia is kinda crappy than it kinda stands to reason hardly anyone there plays it!

You should see how it plays in other places, I dunno maybe take a drive to NY sometime and see how the game plays there =] As luck would have it, I know someone who lives there and would put you up for a visit! Talk about coincidence! :D

IN ORDER TO BRING dev's attention to this huge problem i will bring here ss's with such unfair fights to show devs how bad it is. Iam asking all solo ranked players to do the same (just cut out the nick names of players from your screenshots to avoid forum rulles violation). I will do it alone if i have to

starting with these:

http://i68.tinypic.com/208xuso.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/1z23nnm.jpg

Tonnes of fights when one team has a healer and another has no healer and same with tanks. Or a dps quits the game and system puts a healer instead of this dps. Loosing such fight or winning it MUST bring NO ELO :mad::mad: so many fights were a lose because system fails and puts tanks or healers in one team in pure damage games! There is a very small chance that a team with no healer or no tank can win against a team with a healer or tank! DO SOMETHING. Make it so that when such games occurs no one looses or gains any elo for loosing/winning such game please!

Edit:

IN ORDER TO BRING dev's attention to this huge problem i will bring here (in this thread) ss's with such unfair fights to show devs how bad it is. Iam asking all solo ranked players to do the same (just cut out the nick names of players from your screenshots to avoid forum rulles violation). I will do it alone if i have to

Don't complicate things...

There isn't anything they can do. The system is designed to make pops as fast as possible.. if the dps quits, the game doesn't want a 3v4... and thus puts whatever is left in que to fill the gap. Ironically it still create a 3v4 in terms of outcome... but for the game it's 4v4.

Bottom line.. matchmaking changes and cross faction were are useless and brought nothing to PVP. It's the same as it was before. So what was the point in bothering int he first place ?

And lastly.. when it comes to ranked, I doubt that part of the game was ever/will ever be fair... so I don't understand why people still ask for improvements. Bioware did their job well with ranked. They wanted more people and added mats for people to farm. Otherwise the que would be much more empty than it is. There aren't enough people interested in this game mode for the devs to actually bother and waste resources on it.

There isn't anything they can do. The system is designed to make pops as fast as possible.. if the dps quits, the game doesn't want a 3v4... and thus puts whatever is left in que to fill the gap. Ironically it still create a 3v4 in terms of outcome... but for the game it's 4v4.

Bottom line.. matchmaking changes and cross faction were are useless and brought nothing to PVP. It's the same as it was before. So what was the point in bothering int he first place ?

And lastly.. when it comes to ranked, I doubt that part of the game was ever/will ever be fair... so I don't understand why people still ask for improvements. Bioware did their job well with ranked. They wanted more people and added mats for people to farm. Otherwise the que would be much more empty than it is. There aren't enough people interested in this game mode for the devs to actually bother and waste resources on it.

There are tonnes of things they can do. For example when such fight occurs the loosing team which didn't had a healer or the tank loose no rating. The team with healer/tank would still get it but enemy team wouldn't be punished for this garbage system issues. So it's pretty fair enough.

Or when such fight occurs system finishes this fight instantly and none team gets elo or looses it so that no one could abuse system like that because everyone will know that they won't get any elo for this.

As you see there are two variants (or even more) how devs can deal with this huge problem.

Thread title mentions "Solo" Ranked - thread content complains "teams" are unbalanced.

Let me help you there: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/solo

All The Best

there are still teams in solo ranked ***? you aren't playing this game? SOLO ranked finishes when you just queue alone but then you get INTO ONE OF THE TEAMS (rotworm and frogdog) which has 4 players who are on your side. are you playing this game or you just write it to troll?

There are tonnes of things they can do. For example when such fight occurs the loosing team which didn't had a healer or the tank loose no rating. The team with healer/tank would still get it but enemy team wouldn't be punished for this garbage system issues. So it's pretty fair enough.

Or when such fight occurs system finishes this fight instantly and none team gets elo or looses it so that no one could abuse system like that because everyone will know that they won't get any elo for this.

As you see there are two variants (or even more) how devs can deal with this huge problem.

one of the many problems is that you are severely punished for losing... win 2 games and get +10 +8.. and then lose the 3rd one and -15 ? And then start all over again. That is nuts.. and not very encouraging. You cannot decide skill based on gambling and random team mates... oh, and not to mention that certain classes are just bad in 4v4 and will always be bad.

Just scrap 4 man ranked and make it 8 v8 or mix it with 4 man.. in rotation. There would be a lot of ways to improve it, yes... but I doubt there are any plans to make major changes.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

What really sucks are 3v4 teams if you are playing regs and only arena is popping because there are 7 people in the queue.

The stupid system doesn’t realise this and just keeps making 3v4 teams for a few hours. It gets really frustrating.

Edited by Totemdancer

Why do you think it's harder on melee than ranged?

When I’m on a melee and lag hard or desync it’s really easy to find myself out of position. Ie behind someone or facing the wrong way. This is especially bad when you go to use a proc ability and you miss the window because of the lag.

It’s a little bit more forgiving on a ranged class because the idea is to stay far enough away and you don’t miss as many crit procs. The only time it’s worse to be ranged is when you are trying to LoS to get away from melee and ALL of your offensive abilities start to activate then don’t or go on CD without going off. It’s for that reason that Im playing my Sorc. It allows me to self heal and play defensively, speed, LoS, slow, stun, escape, hide, heal and rinse-repeat. Most matches have my dps-heal ratio around 55/45%. In some matches I’m even out healing the team healers, but my dps is suffering bad for it.

If the constant large lag spikes would just settle down, I could probably get use to higher lag again. But it’s the jumping all over the place and unpredictability of them that’s bad,

Last night I was just about to kill some one and I go for the finishing move and it doesn’t go off and they have enough time to stun me and heal. I look down and sure enough I’ve got 381ms lag.

response times and effect the viability of play in combat. That's not really fair.

I need t-shirts made that says “Light Sabres don’t kill. Lag does”.

8/10 of my deaths these days are from lag. It’s not fair and totally frustrating.

Well if the service of people playing in Australia is kinda crappy than it kinda stands to reason hardly anyone there plays it!

Yes, Bioware/EA don’t give a rats about Aussies. It’s been apparent since they closed our servers. It’s no wonder no one plays the game here and why most gamers here are playing games that have APAC servers and ditching games localised to the US.

You should see how it plays in other places, I dunno maybe take a drive to NY sometime and see how the game plays there =] As luck would have it, I know someone who lives there and would put you up for a visit! Talk about coincidence! :D

Maybe, if I ever decide to come to the stats :p

one of the many problems is that you are severely punished for losing... win 2 games and get +10 +8.. and then lose the 3rd one and -15 ? And then start all over again. That is nuts.. and not very encouraging. You cannot decide skill based on gambling and random team mates... oh, and not to mention that certain classes are just bad in 4v4 and will always be bad.

Just scrap 4 man ranked and make it 8 v8 or mix it with 4 man.. in rotation. There would be a lot of ways to improve it, yes... but I doubt there are any plans to make major changes.

Iam not writing here about overall problems in solo ranked and how it sucks overall, iam writing about specific problem which mustn't exist since it is system/game problem not skill issues or bad luck etc. Some guy failed his exam tests in school or gets poked on work joins swtor and starts spamming queue solo ranked on his healer or tank and decline pops or just ignore them just because he has a bad mood and wants everyone to suffer, or Wintraders helping their healers and tanks friends to get elo queueing with them at the same time and declining pops so that their friends could get easy elo. Or just players who miss pops not on purpose but because they forgot or didnt managed to accept pop in time.

Such unfair fights must never occur since team without healer has almost no chances to win when another team has one. This must be dealt with or solo ranked will fully die.

I would say the situation is getting worse. At start of the season it was pretty ok, but now it definitely got worse. I think it also has to do with the crafting mats coming in 5.10 as there seem to be people farming solo ranked weekly for the 3 mats you get. Its not a good idea to que solo ranked after lunch till like 8 pm as you are likely to get a mat farmer (yes, even in solo ranked).

Anyway, I have had the worst weekend of solo ranked yet, this weekend. I did around 60 matches from which only around 10 matches were "ok". The rest was faulty in many ways. I lost elo on all my toons and frankly I think I am pretty much done with doing ranked overall if it goes on like this.

Here are the issues I have seen:

1. que declining healers/tanks (maybe the miss pop, I cannot tell)

2. que declining dps (yes, early ques mostly have 7 player matches)

3. healer/tank backfil (when 8 dps r in que and one doesnt take pop it fills in tank/healer in que)

4. mat farmers

5. low gear people (many people with 230 rating in que on weekend)

6. throwers, quitters

7. high rating backfill (when a person backfills he was not meant to be there originaly, based on the matchmaking system, but since system wants a 4v4 match it fills in whomever is in que just for match to take place, this is mostly a 1500+, 1600+ or 1700+ player)

8. votekicking people out of wz to gain higher rating (yes, people win 3v4 so they kick the 4th for more rating)

9. people on voicechat boosting rating of one player

The last point was the worst one since as you know, if you get above 1600 rating in solo ranked, you pretty much can stop playing cause people will not pass you. So what people did is quickly boosted some players for high rating, so they can stop with ranked and have top spots. One evening is enough for this....

On one hand, I have to admit that over the weekend I was unlucky with the matches since I was getting all the "issues" and on the other hand, the enemy team (which were sometimes the same people over and over) were getting the wins so from my point of view, its bad, but from their point of view it was good, so hard to say.

Edited by merovejec

PVP is never fair. You just have to have a better computer than the others. Or less / no micro laggs. That's why I play little PvP here and in other games.

Once again, iam not duscussing overall problems of pvp, iam trying to drive dev's attention to system fails when such one sided fights occur. If one team has a healer, THE OTHER TEAM ALSO MUST HAVE IT. Or the team with healer will have 20x more chances to win lol. Such fights must over so that a team without a healer looses NO ELO. iT WOUld be fair because the loosing team had nearly no chances to win lol and was puted under unfair conditions from very start of the fight.

I'm all yours. The problem is that maybe not a second healer in the queue. Ok, I've already experienced that two healers are in a group. Since the system could simply distribute the second healer on the opposing team. The same for all other WZ. Otherwise it would not be fair to turn off a healer just because the other team has none. You can also wait until another comes .... but then it takes longer to a WZ is on.

there are still teams in solo ranked ***? you aren't playing this game? SOLO ranked finishes when you just queue alone but then you get INTO ONE OF THE TEAMS (rotworm and frogdog) which has 4 players who are on your side. are you playing this game or you just write it to troll?

So that would be PUG Ranked.

Not Solo. Solo means ALONE. As in NOT on a team.

All The Best

• 4 weeks later...