Onslaught Companions Still Appear as Holos

MasterYulo

Two things to keep in mind - which may or may not apply in this case:

- A companion will appear as a holo, if you also have that companion "out", with you.

- A companion can appear as a holo if your character does not have that companion. (Seems to apply more to non-story comps, for example, the Gamorean Guard from the night-life event).

The above two are not "bugs", as such.

Edited by JediQuaker

- A companion can appear as a holo if your character does not have that companion. (Seems to apply more to non-story comps, for example, the Gamorean Guard from the night-life event).

Actually, that's *any* companion that you have placed in a stronghold, if the character you're on doesn't have it, or at least not yet.

If one JK places C2-N2 and Doc, and a JC places Qyzen, and then a second JK visits the stronghold with T7 out, then:

* He will see C2-N2 as holo if he visits before getting his ship.

* He will see Doc as holo if he visits before Balmorra.

* He will see Qyzen as holo until he does the Qyzen alert after KotFE-IX.

For maximum fun, consider the alternative scenario, two Sith Warriors.

One goes light and turns Jaesa light at the end of Chapter 1, then places a Jaesa decoration.

The other goes dark and turns Jaesa dark at the end of Chapter 1, then visits the stronghold. No matter which companion he has out, the Jaesa decoration will be holo because it's a deco for Light Jaesa and the second Warrior cannot ever have Light Jaesa because he has Dark Jaesa. EDIT: the two Jaesas are *different*companions*, not different versions of the same companion.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Keep in mind that returned companions are aesthetically a different companion compared to the base game

It's more than just aesthetics. They *are* a different companion, *but* most of the returners (all except the latest batch, in fact) have come back approximately correctly, outside of a few glitches, of which two stand out:

* When we first got KotFE (just Chapters I to IX), there was a glitch where, once the companions we had before were wented(1), their decorations showed up as holos, but *also* in their skivvies. I didn't have the misfortune to see Skadge in that state, but quite frankly, the sight of a skivvied Yuun was bad enough.

* If you are accompanied by most companions, returned or not yet wented, their decoration shows as a holo of their current gear. LSJ's decoration, of course, dares to be different, and shows the poor girl in her skivvies(2) if you are accompanied by *returned* LSJ.

(1) Shorthand for "made to go"

(2) Minor digression on the subject of companions and skivvies. It's well known that Lana is alone among companions in not wearing the standard grey skivvies - hers are still sports bra and granny pants, but *purple*.

Like many "well known that" factoids, however, this is not true. If you have Darth Hexid, take off her gear, and you'll be in for a surprise. (No, not *that* kind of surprise. She still wears skivvies, and they are still sports bra and granny pants, just not quite the colour your granny would wear.)

I should like to point out, in passing, that I discovered this *strictly* by accident.

(2) Minor digression on the subject of companions and skivvies. It's well known that Lana is alone among companions in not wearing the standard grey skivvies - hers are still sports bra and granny pants, but *purple*.

Not quite true. Shae Vizla also has "coloured" undies, except they are red, not purple.

The issue is that, at least on the characters that I have completed Onslaught with (Consular and Inquisitor, so far), after completing Onslaught and having Jakarro, Kira, and Scourge join you you are not granted their stronghold decorations. My Consular has completed every Alliance Alert and has all available story companions. As a Consular, I can place Jorgan in my stronghold, I can place Bowdaar in my stronghold, I can place T7 in my stronghold, I can place Rusk and Skadge in an eternal staring contest in my stronghold, none of these are Consular companions and all of them show up physically. But I can not place Jakarro (none of my characters have the deco), and if I place Kira or Scourge with my Knight then they show up as holograms for my Consular even though my Consular can summon Kira or Scourge and have them stand next to their holo*.

The problem isn't that returned comps are clones. The problem isn't that the stronghold deco was placed by a Knight before Kira and Scourge returned. The problem is that the stronghold decos were never granted to those who finished Onslaught and the fix that is needed is they need to grant us the stronghold deco for Jakarro, Kira, and Scourge.

* Yes, I know that if I have the comp summoned the deco will show as a holo. Dismiss the comp and the deco is still a holo.

Edited by ceryxp

The issue is that, at least on the characters that I have completed Onslaught with (Consular and Inquisitor, so far), after completing Onslaught and having Jakarro, Kira, and Scourge join you you are not granted their stronghold decorations. My Consular has completed every Alliance Alert and has all available story companions. As a Consular, I can place Jorgan in my stronghold, I can place Bowdaar in my stronghold, I can place T7 in my stronghold, I can place Rusk and Skadge in an eternal staring contest in my stronghold, none of these are Consular companions and all of them show up physically. But I can not place Jakarro (none of my characters have the deco), and if I place Kira or Scourge with my Knight then they show up as holograms for my Consular even though my Consular can summon Kira or Scourge and have them stand next to their holo*.

The problem isn't that returned comps are clones. The problem isn't that the stronghold deco was placed by a Knight before Kira and Scourge returned. The problem is that the stronghold decos were never granted to those who finished Onslaught and the fix that is needed is they need to grant us the stronghold deco for Jakarro, Kira, and Scourge.

* Yes, I know that if I have the comp summoned the deco will show as a holo. Dismiss the comp and the deco is still a holo.

Yeah I am pretty sure this is the case. I assume this also happened for other classes whose companions returned? Or did you also have to wait for the devs to do a fix?

Yeah I am pretty sure this is the case. I assume this also happened for other classes whose companions returned? Or did you also have to wait for the devs to do a fix?

I can't say if it was an issue when 4.0 and the first Alliance Alerts were released, but it is not a problem I have encountered since coming back to the game (around 5.0). In my Tatooine stronghold I have a room decorated as a high council chamber. In it I placed Nadia, Kira, Ashara, Jaesa, Choza, and a couple of the personnel decos from the force user pack. Nadia and Ashara were placed before they were returned via AA. After they return my Sage still had their Nadia deco and my Sorc still had their Ashara deco and for them thier comps show up physically while the others are holos. I have not played Onslaught with either of my Knights, so I can't say if after playing Onslaught they have their Kira and Scourge decos, but based upon your report, and my experience, I'm going to assume that they wouldn't.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't say if it was an issue when 4.0 and the first Alliance Alerts were released, but it is not a problem I have encountered since coming back to the game (around 5.0). In my Tatooine stronghold I have a room decorated as a high council chamber. In it I placed Nadia, Kira, Ashara, Jaesa, Choza, and a couple of the personnel decos from the force user pack. Nadia and Ashara were placed before they were returned via AA. After they return my Sage still had their Nadia deco and my Sorc still had their Ashara deco and for them thier comps show up physically while the others are holos. I have not played Onslaught with either of my Knights, so I can't say if after playing Onslaught they have their Kira and Scourge decos, but based upon your report, and my experience, I'm going to assume that they wouldn't.

I can confirm that on a JK who's done the new story, Kira and Scourge are still having a holo underwear party. Unfortunately.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I can also confirm that Kira and Scourge are still holos when placed in Strongholds. What a bummer. I really hope they fix this. How hard could it be to grant the decos for these companions? I would love to place Scourge and Kira.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...