Shield projector in 2.7

Loc_n_lol

Anybody notice it doesn't seem to be pulsing after initial activation ? I'm not completely sure if it's just a visual bug or if it has really stopped working completely...

by pulsing you mean recharging shields? Yeah things seem really buggy. I've noticed that the tooltips aren't updating when you get an upgrade that decreases CD and in practice things seem to be functioning below the standard you'd expect from the tooltips. I think there are a lot of bugs currently affecting the Type 3s.

I mean the buff over time effect (which, yes, is recharging shields). I get the first tick on activation, but no subsequent ticks every 2s after.

That happened on both a Clarion and a Rampart Mk4.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

I mean the buff over time effect (which, yes, is recharging shields). I get the first tick on activation, but no subsequent ticks every 2s after.

Just checking. In my limited play time so far I did find that it didn't seem to be healing my shields very well but I figured that it was just me. Like I said there seems to be a number of bugs in GSF thanks to 2.7 so it wouldn't surprise me to find out that, among other things, the shield projector isn't working right.

• Dev Post
Anybody notice it doesn't seem to be pulsing after initial activation ? I'm not completely sure if it's just a visual bug or if it has really stopped working completely...

Just wanted to pop in and say we looked into this. We didn't find any problems with Shield Projector's pulse, but I think I can explain what you may be seeing.

Once you take damage, your shields have a regeneration delay in which they will not regen power at all for a few seconds (this depends on how you spec). Let's say this regen delay is 6 seconds.

When you hit Shield Projector, it's essentially making your shield behave as if there was no shield regeneration delay by pulsing 3 times in six seconds. Once those pulses expire, your normal shield regeneration takes over.

So, this is the experiment we ran on a Clarion, simplified for explanation:

Test 1: No Shield Projector activation

-Drain shields to zero

-0 seconds: No shields

-2 seconds: No shields

-4 seconds: No shields

-6 seconds: First shield arc shows up

-7.5 seconds: Second shield color shows

-Every 1.5 seconds thereafter shields regen a color or arc until full

Test 2: Shield Projector activation

-Drain shields to zero and immediately activate Shield Projector

-0 seconds: First shield arc shows up

-2 seconds: Second shield color shows

-4 seconds: Third shield color shows

-6 seconds: Fourth shield color shows

-7.5 seconds: Fifth shield color shows

-Every 1.5 seconds thereafter shields regen a color or arc until full

When you hit Shield Projector it appears as though your shields are just going through a normal regen, but you're effectively eliminating your regen delay since Shield Projector is 'filling in' with the pulse.

Something that would show me this isn't working correctly is if you hit Shield Projector, and nothing whatsoever regens for about 6 seconds. We haven't been able to reproduce that particular scenario, but let us know if that's what you're seeing!

Ok, thank you for your reply. I'll try to recod a video of it next time I have the chance.

what's noticeably different from before the patch, however is the special effect (visual pulse and loud noise). It used to play on every tick, but now only plays on activation, is this intentional ?

Ok, thank you for your reply. I'll try to recod a video of it next time I have the chance.

what's noticeably different from before the patch, however is the special effect (visual pulse and loud noise). It used to play on every tick, but now only plays on activation, is this intentional ?

Probably, it was a pretty obnoxious sound/visual before :)

Reminds me of those elite Jedi Sentinel mobs that run up to you and FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH

You are only seeing the "visual" effect of the ability. You indeed get a "buff" on your ship's buff bar and the shields regen as they are supposed to.

Though on the same component, the description of the item contradicts the tooltip. The description specifically says that it does not restore shields, but increases their max potential, whereas the tooltip says that it restores shield power.

Though on the same component, the description of the item contradicts the tooltip. The description specifically says that it does not restore shields, but increases their max potential, whereas the tooltip says that it restores shield power.

Based on the dev post it sounds like the description is wrong about how the shield functions and the tooltip is right. Still they should probably chain the description to be consistent with the tooltip.

So, I didn't record it but paying special attention, what I observe today seems to be consistent with the expected results (as described by Chris).

So it's just the noise effect that is gone. It was truely loud and obnoxious but now it's maybe not noticeable enough. Maybe a toned down version on each pulse after the first would be nice ?

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Based on the dev post it sounds like the description is wrong about how the shield functions and the tooltip is right. Still they should probably chain the description to be consistent with the tooltip.

Yeah, the description really is at odds with the tooltip. That would be a helpful fix, as we don't need any more confusion over how the game is working.