What are the sources of Vials of Isotope-5?

Macetheace

Basic Commendations vendors on the fleet or in Makeb. Each vial costs 35 basic comms.

I do believe basic commendations are the only source in the game, my memory could be tricking me though.

Edited by Vandicus

I do believe basic commendations are the only source in the game, my memory could be tricking me though.

Toborro's Glittering Fury, as tanerb mentioned, also drops them. Regardless, I was referring to the Basic Commendation Vendors that are ALSO stationed on Makeb.

Now that I think of it, they're also stationed in CZ-198. In other words, people can get them from...

- Basic Commendation Vendors ( Stationed on Vaiken Spacedock, Carrick Station, Makeb and CZ-198 )

- As a drop from Toborro's Glittering Fury

That's the gist of it I think. :cool:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

so far what i know.

1. Drops off TC SM

8-man drops 5 vials

16-man drops 6 vials

- same with TC HM

- gotta be very lucky if a pug, no chance if guild as it gets horded to guildbank

2. 35 basic comms at Comms vendor

3. GTN

don't some missions reward this?

or GSI seeker droids/macro binoculars

so far what i know.

1. Drops off TC SM

8-man drops 5 vials

16-man drops 6 vials

- same with TC HM

- gotta be very lucky if a pug, no chance if guild as it gets horded to guildbank

3. GTN

I maxed my GSI rep a while back and I believe I've done most of the heroic 2s. If there was an isotope-5 reward, it was a one-off.

so far what i know.

1. Drops off TC SM

8-man drops 5 vials

16-man drops 6 vials

- same with TC HM

3. GTN

Outside the quest concerning the Seeds of Rage, I never did that much digging to be honest but I don't ever remember getting a lockbox with Isotope-5 vials on it.

Gifts? Sure. Mats? That too. Purple 66 enhancements? Check; That was it I believe.

that's so weird, so it is really just largely the luck of TC SM/HM

well not really because it comes only from Makeb. Actually i'd make it more expensive for Republic (for basic comms) side as production is under Empire control.

If you want Vials, you want Basic Comms, and the best way to get Basic Comms is to do the Random Tactical FP every day, do the 5/5 Weekly Tactical FP, the Oricon and CZ-198 Dailies and Weekly quests.

You can also get 10 of them by doing the Random lvl 50 Flash Point Daily.

The Makeb Dailies give 1 Basic per quest, so it's worth it to do the basic Dailies, but the Weekly Quest is long and not worth the 20 you get from doing 3 Stage One quests, a long climax quest, and 3 Stage Two quests. Took me forever and I only got around 20 Basics for the whole mess.

All in all, you can rake in the Basics for the Vials if you do the Oricon and CZ-198 content and the Random GF stuff.

well not really because it comes only from Makeb. Actually i'd make it more expensive for Republic (for basic comms) side as production is under Empire control.

You mean "harvest", "procure", that kind of wording...

You don't get to "produce" Isotope-5.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

They do produce the refined or "stabilized" version though.

It's still a raw material regardless, like any other mat you are to procure and / or harvest in the game. "Stabilization" is not the same as "producing".

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's still a raw material regardless, like any other mat you are to procure and / or harvest in the game. "Stabilization" is not the same as "producing".

Gasoline is typically described produced, though they come from oil refineries. The video you linked actually explicitly used the word refined. Either way, its meaningless semantics.

Come to think of it, gold is also "produced" in the mining industry. That's the language that I typically see used.

Gasoline is typically described produced, though they come from oil refineries. The video you linked actually explicitly used the word refined. Either way, its meaningless semantics.

Come to think of it, gold is also "produced" in the mining industry. That's the language that I typically see used.

It's not.

As seen in both videos, the Isotope-5 itself is UNIQUE to Makeb's planetary core and there's the use of the term "harvest", preceding its "refinement". Nowhere in both videos is ever the word "produce" used, since it would be an inaccurate to say the least.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's not.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The harvest of raw material is frequently referred to as production of said raw material in real life. The difference between the words in the context of this situation is pretty much meaningless.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The harvest of raw material is frequently referred to as production of said raw material in real life. The difference between the words in the context of this situation is pretty much meaningless.

Should be obvious.

In both videos, there a couple of elements which are clearly mentioned...

- Isotope-5 is UNIQUE to Makeb's planetary core.

- Must be harvested from the planet mentioned in the above line.

- Can be SUBSEQUENTLY refined into all manner of useful configurations, following its harvest.

What was said earlier...

This is inaccurate, seeing you don't get to produce Isotope-5 but rather refine into all manner of useful configurations. This is further reinforced in the game, seeing that Isotope-5 is a raw material used - BEHOLD(!!!) - into all manner of useful configurations, from Armorings to Hilts.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Should be obvious.

In both videos, there a couple of elements which are clearly mentioned...

- Isotope-5 is UNIQUE to Makeb's planetary core.

- Must be harvested from the planet mentioned in the above line.

- Can be SUBSEQUENTLY refined into all manner of useful configurations, following its harvest.

What was said earlier...

This is inaccurate, seeing you don't get to produce Isotope-5 but rather refine into all manner of useful configurations. This is further reinforced in the game, seeing that Isotope-5 is a raw material used - BEHOLD(!!!) - into all manner of useful configurations, from Armorings to Hilts.

The word production does not inherently imply that what is "produced" is not a raw material though. For instance, again going back to gold mines, I've seen the word recover and produce used. Now normally we wouldn't think of recover and produce as remotely similar, but the in context of retrieving/harvesting/recovering/producing a raw material, they're more or less interchangeable.

The word production does not inherently imply that what is "produced" is not a raw material though. For instance, again going back to gold mines, I've seen the word recover and produce used. Now normally we wouldn't think of recover and produce as remotely similar, but the in context of retrieving/harvesting/recovering/producing a raw material, they're more or less interchangeable.

Then we're not discussing semantics but rather your perception of things, not to mention the very definition of some words.

In the end, the game uses terms like "procure" and "harvest" when referring to Isotope-5, NOT "producing" seeing that the latter would be inaccurate as demonstrated more than once.

Last one for the road. :D

Then we're not discussing semantics but rather your perception of things, not to mention the very definition of some words.

In the end, the game uses terms like "procure" and "harvest" when referring to Isotope-5, NOT "producing" seeing that the latter would be inaccurate as demonstrated more than once.

Last one for the road. :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=gold+production

I thought you said you couldn't "produce" raw materials.