Death Battle 2: Plo Koon vs Darth Sion

Darkondo

Welcome to Death Battle a series of vs. threads dedicated to pitting the most powerful characters in star wars against each other in a 1v1 fight to the death scenario basing your arguments on accomplishments (to prove your point) and overall power.

Last thread b/t Darth Baras and Darth Malgus i give that victory to Malgus in a close fight due to his superior saber skills (he dominated Satele Shan during the Battle of Alderaan where Baras was only able to duel her to a draw when the Sacking of Coruscant was taking place) and experience on the front lines made him battle-ready as opposed to Baras' prefered style of scheming from the shadows. (This is not to say that Baras was weak, as many ppl seem to think, just that Malgus was a bit stronger and was more experienced in 1v1 duels.)

This Death Battle thread pits Plo Koon: a kel-dor jedi master on the high council in the PT a time where jedi were said to be at their peak overall in terms of saber combat vs. The Lord of Pain himself: Darth Sion whom found immortality thru channeling his hatred and agony. Who would win in a 1v1 fight?

Edited by Darkondo

They're both very powerful without a doubt, but Sion is freaking immortal.

I'd say Plo Koon is more skilled and perhaps has better force techniques, but it won't matter since he's facing a guy who can't be killed.

The only way he'll be able to kill Sion is if he breaks his will...

Yeah, decapitation would pretty well end it. Aim for the neck, Plo!

Don't get me wrong, I love Plo Koon, but if he can't break Sion's will, he can't win this fight.

Look at all Sion's scars. I'm sure he could hold his body together despite a decapitation from Plo. But yea... I agree that Plo out-skills Sion, I'm just not sure that'll hand him victory.

Can Plo break Sion's will?

Plo Koon utterly dominates this fight. Sion may be able to keep coming back, but he will eventually realize that his power in the Dark Side is not enough. And what happens if Plo Koon decapitates Sion? End of fight?

Heh i knew if i mentioned Plo Koon in one of these threads the famed historian aurbere would comment!! Although Sion probably was already decapitated or had vital limb's severed (he died many times in Exar Kun's war and the Jedi Civil War) and The Harbinger medic's analysis of him was that every part of his body was cut and splintered overtime then put back together. I'd go with no decapitation wouldnt kill him (i wouldnt rule it out) but look at it this way if it could kill him then why didnt Surik do it on Korriban or Malachor i mean she does kill him at least 7-8times and it doesnt seem logical that hed have such an obvious weakness since she needed to ask HK-47 how to beat him (who's an expert at killing jedi and if it was that easy thn he wouldve come up with it which he didnt) and he basically told her to use Dun Moch (not really tht but the same basic principle of it) so yeah thats my logic over decapitation theory (again i wont rule it out if u have a better argument for it by all means)

Heh i knew if i mentioned Plo Koon in one of these threads the famed historian aurbere would comment!! Although Sion probably was already decapitated or had vital limb's severed (he died many times in Exar Kun's war and the Jedi Civil War) and The Harbinger medic's analysis of him was that every part of his body was cut and splintered overtime then put back together. I'd go with no decapitation wouldnt kill him (i wouldnt rule it out) but look at it this way if it could kill him then why didnt Surik do it on Korriban or Malachor i mean she does kill him at least 7-8times and it doesnt seem logical that hed have such an obvious weakness since she needed to ask HK-47 how to beat him (who's an expert at killing jedi and if it was that easy thn he wouldve come up with it which he didnt) and he basically told her to use Dun Moch (not really tht but the same basic principle of it) so yeah thats my logic over decapitation theory (again i wont rule it out if u have a better argument for it by all means)

I do not believe Sion has been decapitated before. Plus, without his head, Sion can't come back.

Now with Meetra and Sion, she only killed him about three or four times. And this was on Malachor, a Dark Side nexus. The power of Malachor could sustain him forever, but we saw that a superior opponent can best him. Plo Koon is one of the best duelists of his time. Sion will eventually give in, realizing that he Plo Koon is better. Just better. That's how Plo Koon would defeat Sion if decapitation is ruled out. Continuous loss at the hands of a Jedi would severely damage Sion's resolve. Then Plo Koon would tell Sion to surrender and let go of his hate, telling him that hate and anger are not the only paths to power. With that, Sion dies.

As to Sion having more experience. Yes, he does have more experience. But Plo Koon does as well. Master Yoda trained his Jedi Order for the imminent return of the Sith. Plo Koon would be just as prepared for this fight as Sion would be.

Wait didnt she kill him 3x on Korriban?

No. Just once. Then Kreia says that he can't be defeated and that Surik would have her chance later.

EDIT: I may be wrong. I'm having trouble remembering the Korriban duel. I know on Malachor it's only three times.

Edited by Aurbere

No. Just once. Then Kreia says that he can't be defeated and that Surik would have her chance later.

EDIT: I may be wrong. I'm having trouble remembering the Korriban duel. I know on Malachor it's only three times.

I don't think she kills him at all. Just wounds him. As for the debate... I would give this one to Plo, he mastered Form V while Sion mastered nothing, not even the Force. Plo Koon would use his knowledge of the Force and the lightsaber to exploit Sion's weaknesses and destroy him - while Sion would rely on his hatred, anger and pain to batter Plo into submission, but his lack of technique and skill would make him easy to defend against.

Hm, we do need to remember that Sion hunted and killed Jedi for four decades.

This.

Are you guys kidding me?! Remember the little warning he leaves you in a cage at the Sith Academy? The Jedi Master from the High Council that he slaughtered?

A Sith Lord partially responsible for the First Jedi Purge will win more often than not, and this isn't Mace Windu or Yoda we're talking about. It's not even Obi-Wan. It's Plo Koon! He's not a pushover, but not on the same level, either.

This.

Are you guys kidding me?! Remember the little warning he leaves you in a cage at the Sith Academy? The Jedi Master from the High Council that he slaughtered?

A Sith Lord partially responsible for the First Jedi Purge will win more often than not, and this isn't Mace Windu or Yoda we're talking about. It's not even Obi-Wan. It's Plo Koon! He's not a pushover, but not on the same level, either.

Just because he killed Jedi, doesn't make him invincible. As for Lonna Vash, IMO that Council was weak, and no I'm not using the argument that the prequel Jedi are stronger than Old Republic Jedi. But the Council at that time seemed general push overs, while the Council during the Clone Wars were evidentally powerful. Neither can we forget the Korriban is a place of dark side power, and Zash would have been a significant advantage because of this. Not only would the dark side make Sion invincible, but it would cloud her own power. And lets agree on this Plo Koon > Lonna Vash, Plo Koon beats all the Jedi Sion has killed (none of any note) and therefore we cannot use this as an argument.

I do not believe Sion has been decapitated before. Plus, without his head, Sion can't come back.

Now with Meetra and Sion, she only killed him about three or four times. And this was on Malachor, a Dark Side nexus. The power of Malachor could sustain him forever, but we saw that a superior opponent can best him. Plo Koon is one of the best duelists of his time. Sion will eventually give in, realizing that he Plo Koon is better. Just better. That's how Plo Koon would defeat Sion if decapitation is ruled out. Continuous loss at the hands of a Jedi would severely damage Sion's resolve. Then Plo Koon would tell Sion to surrender and let go of his hate, telling him that hate and anger are not the only paths to power. With that, Sion dies.

As to Sion having more experience. Yes, he does have more experience. But Plo Koon does as well. Master Yoda trained his Jedi Order for the imminent return of the Sith. Plo Koon would be just as prepared for this fight as Sion would be.

No. Sion isn't just gonna give up. Plo will HAVE to get inside Sion's head if he wants to win. If Plo can't do this then I'm afraid he'll run out of energy eventually and lose.

Just because he killed Jedi, doesn't make him invincible. As for Lonna Vash, IMO that Council was weak, and no I'm not using the argument that the prequel Jedi are stronger than Old Republic Jedi. But the Council at that time seemed general push overs, while the Council during the Clone Wars were evidentally powerful. Neither can we forget the Korriban is a place of dark side power, and Zash would have been a significant advantage because of this. Not only would the dark side make Sion invincible, but it would cloud her own power. And lets agree on this Plo Koon > Lonna Vash, Plo Koon beats all the Jedi Sion has killed (none of any note) and therefore we cannot use this as an argument.

Actually, he sorta is invincible. He can sustain any amount of damage to his body. The only way he could be defeated is if his will to live is destroyed.

I guess somoene could use severe force in him, but Plo doeesn't know that technique (to the best of my knowledge).

Actually, he sorta is invincible. He can sustain any amount of damage to his body. The only way he could be defeated is if his will to live is destroyed.

I guess somoene could use severe force in him, but Plo doeesn't know that technique (to the best of my knowledge).

No, I don't think Plo Koon knows Sever Force. But he does know very rare Force techniques from his time with the Baran Do Sages. He is also capable of manipulating the environment, as well as using Force Lightning.

As for breaking Sion's will. This is actually pretty easy. Sion will go on about how his hate makes him strong and how he can't die. Then Plo Koon constantly pounds him into the ground. This, in combination with Plo Koon's wisdom, will allow Plo Koon to show Sion that hate and anger do not always win. But Sion will not listen and continue to fight... and continue to lose. During these bouts, Plo Koon continues to erode his will. Eventually realizing that he has been living in a lie. Knowing this, Sion gives up his hatred.

Its 4x on Malachor:

and id say 3 on korriban but its hard to say he regenerates even when hes not dead so idk bout tht one.

A point that even though surik killed sion a few times she needed 2 encounters and HK-47 to get it right. I agree with you Aurbere and i think we all can agree that Plo Koon is a superior saber duelist (how much superior we differ a bit).

I think the real question is not if Plo Koon can beat Sion but rather can he last long enough to find out Sion's weakness and exploit it in one DeathBattle. I'l leave this open so others can argue out there reasons to who would win.

Ps: I feel like i've been too biased towards Sion, so il leave with this point to think about. Surik killed Sion 7x in 2 encounters on sith worlds where the dark side was amplifying his strength and abilities. Plo Koon is a superior saber duelist to Surik not just because he was considered great in an era that was considered the jedi's strongest era but also because saber combat was what he specialized in as a jedi in the 1st place where surik focused more on the force than saber combat. Do the math If Surik killed Sion 1-3x's in her 1st duel with him (she had help btw but he had inferior help) then how many times do u think Plo Koon a superior saber duelist will be able to kill Sion before he wears out? Id guess about 8-9 tries but will it be enough time for Plo Koon to figure out how to beat him thats the real question isnt it.

Ps: I feel like i've been too biased towards Sion, so il leave with this point to think about. Surik killed Sion 7x in 2 encounters on sith worlds where the dark side was amplifying his strength and abilities. Plo Koon is a superior saber duelist to Surik not just because he was considered great in an era that was considered the jedi's strongest era but also because saber combat was what he specialized in as a jedi in the 1st place where surik focused more on the force than saber combat. Do the math If Surik killed Sion 1-3x's in her 1st duel with him (she had help btw but he had inferior help) then how many times do u think Plo Koon a superior saber duelist will be able to kill Sion before he wears out? Id guess about 8-9 tries but will it be enough time for Plo Koon to figure out how to beat him thats the real question isnt it.

This is exactly the point I was going to make. Despite being so powerful, he was beaten by Surik time and time again - even in places of dark side power. If Sion can't beat Plo Koon - he is doomed to lose.

Its 4x on Malachor:

and id say 3 on korriban but its hard to say he regenerates even when hes not dead so idk bout tht one.

A point that even though surik killed sion a few times she needed 2 encounters and HK-47 to get it right. I agree with you Aurbere and i think we all can agree that Plo Koon is a superior saber duelist (how much superior we differ a bit).

I think the real question is not if Plo Koon can beat Sion but rather can he last long enough to find out Sion's weakness and exploit it in one DeathBattle. I'l leave this open so others can argue out there reasons to who would win.

Sion's immortality seems to make him overconfident. He'd go on about how he can't die and how his hate makes him strong and all that. His constant losing to Plo Koon would continue to fuel his rage, but that will only lead to more mistakes. Eventually, Plo Koon will start to work on Sion's mind. He'll tear down Sion's "hate makes me strong" belief and show him that hate and anger isn't the only path to power. Coupled with Plo Koon continuosly beating him, Sion's will and resolve erodes. Eventually, he gives in and surrenders. Plo Koon can easily last long enough to do this. The Force will sustain him.

This is exactly the point I was going to make. Despite being so powerful, he was beaten by Surik time and time again - even in places of dark side power. If Sion can't beat Plo Koon - he is doomed to lose.

Exactly. Sion was feeding off of the power of Malachor, but he still lost. Plo Koon should have no real trouble beating him.

Exactly. Sion was feeding off of the power of Malachor, but he still lost. Plo Koon should have no real trouble beating him.

Ok imma have to make a pt with the malachor empowering Sion and losing to Surik.

1. Sion loved Surik which interfered with his abilities on Malachor.

and

2. Keep in mind Surik already learned how to beat Sion from HK-47 and was taking advantage of that knowledge from the start on Malachor where as Plo Koon and Sion have no knowledge of each other's abilities and weaknesses beforehand in a DeathBattle.

Ok imma have to make a pt with the malachor empowering Sion and losing to Surik.

1. Sion loved Surik which interfered with his abilities on Malachor.

and

2. Keep in mind Surik already learned how to beat Sion from HK-47 and was taking advantage of that knowledge from the start on Malachor where as Plo Koon and Sion have no knowledge of each other's abilities and weaknesses beforehand in a DeathBattle.

Love is perhaps the wrong word...

But your second point is a good one, Koon would be unprepared for Sion's abilites - but expect he would soon learn...

This works for Plo Koon way more than it does for Sion.