Anybody notice the change to Crafting with 6.1.1?

Scrym

• 2 weeks later...
I think If you don’t buy the onslaught skill, you get less from nodes and you get less missions.

Not that I've noticed. I've seen no difference between yields from chars that bought the skill, and the ones who are now levelling it up without buying the skill.

It's not needed, and should have been removed from the vendor.

• 3 weeks later...

Was trying to find out if this was an intentional change or a bug. Noticed it on a lot of my toons who I'd never bothered to pay the stupidly expensive 'upgrade' fee on and they've now been able to hit 700 without it.

Can't figure out if the bug is that we can now do this or if the bug is that they haven't removed that purchase from vendors. I hope it's the latter because grade 11 crafting is already expensive enough without the 1.5 mil unlock barrier per toon.

Was trying to find out if this was an intentional change or a bug. Noticed it on a lot of my toons who I'd never bothered to pay the stupidly expensive 'upgrade' fee on and they've now been able to hit 700 without it.

Can't figure out if the bug is that we can now do this or if the bug is that they haven't removed that purchase from vendors. I hope it's the latter because grade 11 crafting is already expensive enough without the 1.5 mil unlock barrier per toon.

This is the big question - crew skills now go to 700 by default without purchasing the Onslaught crafting skill unlock, but the trainers still have the Onslaught crafting skill unlock in their list of purchasable skills.

So are crew skills bugged in allowing players to skill up to 700 without buying the unlock, or is the bug the unlock remaining on the trainers.

Hopefully whichever was the original bug, Bioware's solution will be to just remove the unlock from the skills trainer and not mess with players who have skilled up to 700 without buying the unlock (and leave it unlocked going forward).

• 1 month later...
Here in lies the problem. Was it intended or not? I'm of the opinion that this was originally a bug and BW failed to do anything about it, til now. They have no choice at this point since they ignored it. They'll have to give everyone 700 and move on.