XP from quest recieved and distance traveling..

justeat

hi im really disapointed in all this..im subscribed and still only recieve like 13k 19k exp from quests while im a lvl 42 and using the XP items..but the traveling is the worst in this game even with the 110% speed its way to slow as some quests you have to go there go back go back there u know,and then u have the very long distance quests every time im on my way for a quest i feel sleepy and going dodo mode.. it makes it really boring.idk if u can buy a faster vehicle but i didnt found one in the store so i dont think there is more then a 110% one... Edited by justeat

hi im really disapointed in all this..im subscribed and still only recieve like 13k 19k exp from quests while im a lvl 42 and using the XP items..but the traveling is the worst in this game even with the 110% speed its way to slow as some quests you have to go there go back go back there u know,and then u have the very long distance quests.. it makes it really boring.idk if u can buy a faster vehicle but i didnt found one in the store so i dont think there is more then a 110% one...

1) make sure you are 100% rested so you are maximizing your XP

2) use the Quick travel. It has a moderate cooldown but no problem geting bunch of quests, completing them, then QT bck to turn them in. Its ok, to stack quests and not do 1 at a time....

as im doing all that its still way to slow for me a very fast vehicle might fix all that...

vehicle is same speed for everyone, not sure why a new one is needed. Leveling is super easy and typically goes from zone to zone so once you have all the quests in an area completed, QT back and go to a new area. And FYI, its kind of supposed to take time, thats the point.

It is what it is, and you just have to deal with it and use things like Fleet passes and legacy abilities to mitigate.

If it makes you feel any better, it used to be much worse as speeders didn't work in lots of places (spaceports and stations for one), legacy perks did not exist, travel cool downs were very long, there were no options to shuttle to ship from planets, and missions between chapters didn't provide travel passes to get back to fleet or capital planet.

The design intent in the original launch game was clearly to make people waste a lot of time simply running around between actual content to prevent them from consuming the content too quickly (the worst for me seemed to be the mission chains from the end of Chap 1 to beginning of Chap 2).

I personally believe this time wasting design in the launch game was a contributing factor to sub losses, and certainly sub feedback both from active players and those that canceled was a large reason the developers made substantial changes to make travel much more convenient.

Of course it was relativity easy for them to reduce QT or Fleet travel CDs, allow speeders in more areas, and provide passes as part of mission rewards to lesson the feeling of the game being a giant time sink.

However, changing stories and mission chains to cut out a lot of the wasted time running between planets and ship and fleet isn't something simple and probably will never be changed in the base game.

Edited by DawnAskham

I personally believe this time wasting design in the launch game was a contributing factor to sub losses, and certainly sub feedback both from active players and those that canceled was a large reason the developers made substantial changes to make travel much more convenient.(you got that right and still its not enough for some people like me i might give up on lvl 45 then i probably going to pvp and get bored in there to cause there arent enough maps to keep it intresting...)

However, changing stories and mission chains to cut out a lot of the wasted time running between planets and ship and fleet isn't something simple and probably will never be changed in the base game.

not to mention the pvp waiting time to enter and leave takes to much time.

Imo it seems that leveling between 40-50 takes a while anyway. I'm a sub, always have rested xp, and I generally do about 75% of planetary quest on every planet. But I usually wind up waiting on a 2xp weekend to finish the stories of any character with these levels.

well yeah it takes long, the incremental XP needed between each char level increases rather quickly. So going from 41 to 42 is alot harder than going from 40 to 41. But isn't so hard that you'll be under leveled. Typically i am over leveled by the time i hit Voss and Corellia to the point that I can almost skip Ilum, especially after the level cap where I can jump to Makeb.

Usually its the opposite where you are over leveled getting few rewards and under geared.

whatever haters gon hate.
That doesn't even make sense in the context of what was said.

Its not really a lot of time in travelling if you think about it. As someone said upthread it was a lot longer at launch. I used to dread going to Coruscant because you had to run all the way through the spaceport.

That doesn't even make sense in the context of what was said.

Its not really a lot of time in travelling if you think about it. As someone said upthread it was a lot longer at launch. I used to dread going to Coruscant because you had to run all the way through the spaceport.

taris pre 1.2...didn't get sprint until AFTER you left the planet it seemed.

well yeah it takes long, the incremental XP needed between each char level increases rather quickly. So going from 41 to 42 is alot harder than going from 40 to 41. But isn't so hard that you'll be under leveled. Typically i am over leveled by the time i hit Voss and Corellia to the point that I can almost skip Ilum, especially after the level cap where I can jump to Makeb.

Usually its the opposite where you are over leveled getting few rewards and under geared.

Actually, it's not.

I listed all the xp needed for all levels and the only time there is a huge jump is from lvl 50 to 51.

Other than that it climbs at a slow but steady pace.

39-40 requires 303.980xp

40-41 requires 315.610xp.

Almost the same amount of xp. Just 12.000 more. That's about one mission in xp rewards at those levels.

So in SW:TOR there isn't this exponential xp grind like there might be in some other games.

Edited by OddballEasyEight