LoL

Fiqh

So I rolled a Vanguard. Tactics. I'm still learning the class. My rotation is good. I'm still gearing to exemplar. But I expected more pop at 65. It was so anti climatic its laughable. Like the end of the Supranos. I'm like that's it? As I augment I gradually see the crit increase but the dps just can't keep up. So I'm content but not impressed by the class. Should I just go tank and stop kidding myself? Survivability is 0%. Don't tell me about the 5% from shoulder cannons when stunned. With this spec a chain of stun = death. With a pocket heal you look like superman but that's any class really. So while I still manage a fair amount of comms just playing objectives my overall experience is like meh. Is there some secret to surviving without a having a healer attached to my hip?

Right now I have 50% Exemplar/ 7of 14 crit augs in place. I got the all day stims going. 2018 expertise. I was thinking of putting in B mods once I'm fully geared but that doesn't save me from DoT. I already rambled enough so I'm not going to go into Sorcerers and lightning or field of death. There isn't enough available characters for how long the rant would be. But any suggestions to help with survivability with this class or should I just adopt a good sense of humor and learn to laugh at myself?

Edited by Fiqh

The spec actually gets 30% DR while stunned. So a chain of stuns usually doesn't mean death, especially if you popped a stim or your shield beforehand.

Other than that, you are squishy (still not as squishy as hatred sins or mercs, for example) but you have some of the strongest burst in the game on short demand.

Just learn to melee when needed and kite when needed. Don't melee a mara with their cooldowns up, for example. In fact, it might be a good idea to try and kite them in any case...

Also, I think power augs are better than crit ones for tactics. Don't go B mods in either case.

Edited by Greezt

I nearly lost to a tactics vanguard on my conceal ops last weekend. He was kiting me! didnt expect that, but it was extremely effective. Very nearly killed me before I got on top of him again and sent him to a gyard. I took note as there is very little that can 1v1 me on my apt... rage jugs/fury maras... conceal ops obviously... Kiting is a really under used tactic that I am trying to bring to my game.