House Thul's Allies

RoderickHawker

I've never really understood how and why some Alderaanians sided with House Thul and the Empire. The Empire invaded Alderaan and killed who knows how many people, so why would anyone from Alderaan (formerly banished House Thul aside) want to side with the Empire. Were some Houses secretly in cahoots with House Thul and the Empire all along and just used the Treaty of Coruscant as an excuse to go public and recruit more allies; or did the Houses of Alderaan just forget the destruction the Empire caused?

I've never really understood how and why some Alderaanians sided with House Thul and the Empire. The Empire invaded Alderaan and killed who knows how many people, so why would anyone from Alderaan (formerly banished House Thul aside) want to side with the Empire. Were some Houses secretly in cahoots with House Thul and the Empire all along and just used the Treaty of Coruscant as an excuse to go public and recruit more allies; or did the Houses of Alderaan just forget the destruction the Empire caused?

Or maybe they remember the destruction the Empire caused when they were enemies and thought they would rather not oppose them?

Alderaan, despite being a founding member of the Republic, is not democratic. Nobles rule on the planet, rather than elected officials.

I would imagine House Thul had allies because some self-interested nobles thought they had more to gain personally by throwing their houses in with Thul. Or simply because it provided an opportunity to settle a score with a rival House that had thrown in with Organa / the Republic.

Greed. Pure. Concentrated. Greed.

There's your reason. Greed for profit. Greed for power. Greed for what have you. By allying with Thul and hence Empire, there isn't anything that's particularly out of reach. The same reason someone would back the Lannisters in GoT.

I would imagine House Thul had allies because some self-interested nobles thought they had more to gain personally by throwing their houses in with Thul. Or simply because it provided an opportunity to settle a score with a rival House that had thrown in with Organa / the Republic.

For some it might also just be old loyalty. Alderaan seems to be a place where allegiance and honour frequently matter more than common sense. There could be houses that swore to follow Thul before their exile, and consider themselves bound to do so again now that they're back.

A house of assassins (Rist) would thrive more in the empire than the republic. Especially if some of their members can be trained as Sith, instead of Jedi

I could be wrong, but as I recall House Rist are aligned with House Ulgo, and are opposed to both Republic and Empire.

For some it might also just be old loyalty. Alderaan seems to be a place where allegiance and honour frequently matter more than common sense. There could be houses that swore to follow Thul before their exile, and consider themselves bound to do so again now that they're back.

I could be wrong, but as I recall House Rist are aligned with House Ulgo, and are opposed to both Republic and Empire.

Rist did align with Ulgo. Others such as Ayl, Cortess, Girard and Baliss are aligned with Thul. Organa has allies such as Alde, Corwin, Teral and Teraan.

Edited by Dawgtide