How are we going to go back to Imp vs Pub?

Paulsutherland

How are we going to end up back in a state of war between the Empire and Republic?

At this present time the Alliance is in a position to just obliterate the Empire/Republic with ease. Currently the Alliance has or is ...

* At least

ships in the Eternal Fleet.

* The Alliance ships (Hammerheads, Destroyers etc.)

* Is in possession of the Gravestone and it's Omni Cannon.

* In possession of Iokath and has access to the frames of the Iokath Gods.

* Has support from Mandalore the Avenger and the Mandalorians.

* Allied with the Chiss Ascendency (secretly)

* Allied with the Sith Empire / Republic.

* Has a range of force users from Knights of Zakuul, Jedi and Sith in it's ranks.

Even with the loss of the Eternal Fleet I still think the Alliance would be in a good enough position to give your enemy faction a run for it's money. Can't we just leave the Empire and Republic to their warmongering ways?

Then you've got the disadvantage the enemy faction is already in. They've got a resource crisis on 'two dozen' of their worlds, the Republic also appears to be suffering from a leadership crisis :confused: If there is to be another war, It doesn't sound like the opposing faction will last long.

Short of time travel to stop our past self from entering into this mess, how do you think we'll end up back in a conflict between the Empire and Republic when the Alliance is in a position to smack both back to the stone age?

Edited by Paulsutherland

I think the Alliance might either

A- Merge with the Allied faction on Iokath.

B- We'll go back to Imp VS Pub but the Alliance will still be there, it just so happens that now you're allied with one of them as opposed to being part of the faction. So if you allied with the Empire on Iokath in the next expansions your alliance and the Empire will fight against the Republic and such.

I think the Alliance might either

A- Merge with the Allied faction on Iokath.

B- We'll go back to Imp VS Pub but the Alliance will still be there, it just so happens that now you're allied with one of them as opposed to being part of the faction. So if you allied with the Empire on Iokath in the next expansions your alliance and the Empire will fight against the Republic and such.

I suspect B is the most likely though an Alliance civil war causing its collapse is also possible (and considering it's made up of Republic and Empire, should probably have happened a long time ago)

I suspect B is the most likely though an Alliance civil war causing its collapse is also possible (and considering it's made up of Republic and Empire, should probably have happened a long time ago)

I think it depends on how the Commander might handle the Alliance, this is going into my personal headcanon so I'll put it on spoilers for anybody who's uninterested.

Honestly with how manipulative my "canon" outlander is he pretty much manipulates the common Alliance grunt with propaganda, at first I think some members of the Alliance might've been wary of allying with Acina during KOTET as an example, but at the time we still had to take down Vaylin, I imagine that my outlander used the fact that Saresh attempted a coup as an attempt to dissuade republic members from fleeing and strengthening the bonds between the Alliance. Once Iokath comes along once again he uses the attempt on his life as justification to war against the Republic, most of the alliance members buy it and his inner circle is already loyal to him so he has too little to worry about, I think maybe an isolated rebel here and there might happen but never enough to cause a full blown civil war, at least not yet, eventually he merges with the Empire after making a coup on Acina and justifying taking control of the Empire and mergin the Alliance with it as a way to keep the peace and order in the galaxy, of course by then the Alliance will truly see him as a leader so I don't think there'll be many insurrections.

I'd *Like to see the Fleet go out in a *Giant Battle saving the Galaxy and the GraveStone sacrificed as the "Coup De Grace" we didn't really expect to survive (but do in a cliffhanger, Climactic save) to get the overall win. With this there is absolutely nothing left, the companions and generic NPCs saying their Good Byes and Packing Up to go back to their normal life. This way "We" don't return as a "Flash in the Pan" but go back as a *Hero*. We'll still have to Run Errands, Kill people, Destroy Robots and all that, but its how MMO's work best (Not sitting on a Throne with Nothing to fight for).

I think the Eternal fleet will be destroyed in the latest raid ending, as the Gravestone turns out to be part of it and shows its real power.

Without the fleet, the alliance collapses. You now join whichever side you picked on Iokath for future content.

I also think the Fleet will go buh-byes, but Zakuul (and the Alliance) still controls all of the Sky Troopers, the remaining Knights...and the technology is on the sharper edge.

If this is to be all resolved in a single flashpoint, I'm not sure. At this point I'm hoping it doesn't feel rushed more than anything else.

I'm hoping this story arc is like the SoR one. SoR had 4 FPs leading into an expansion that dealt with the actual situation. We have 3 FPs and an announced 6.0 expansion. Maybe the FPs are where we start figuring things out and the expansion will take us down the road to Imp vs Pub again. Not sure how they'd work it otherwise. Not in an hour long FP.

If I was a writer at Bioware wanting to get rid of the Fleet I'd something regarding the GEMINI Captains, maybe a virus infects their hive-mind and renders them useless similar to whatever SCORPIO did with GEMINI Prime, honestly I think that is way more believable than having all of the Eternal Fleet suddenly destroyed by the Gravestone or whatever, a good question I wanted to ask to Charles though is, how many ships did the Eternal Empire lost during the Alliance's attacks and such? More importantly are they able to be replaced? We know they can build new GEMINI Captains since they had the template for it, but what about new Eternal Fleet ships? The strength of the Fleet is in overwhelming numbers, and probably the hive-mind that can cover gaps organic minds would take longer to, if they're on a reduced number maybe the Commander has to put the Fleet out of service or use it less.

I'm hoping this story arc is like the SoR one. SoR had 4 FPs leading into an expansion that dealt with the actual situation. We have 3 FPs and an announced 6.0 expansion. Maybe the FPs are where we start figuring things out and the expansion will take us down the road to Imp vs Pub again. Not sure how they'd work it otherwise. Not in an hour long FP.

I don't think we will get to Pub VS Imp during the FP, it's meant to close Theron's arc and likely will introduce the real antagonist, The Order of Zildrog. The better question is, devs have already stated we won't go from 5.9 to 6.0, will there be any story content in between? If there is perhaps we could have the war being shown more often rather than being a background event happening while we deal with Shan's shenanigans.

If I was a writer at Bioware wanting to get rid of the Fleet I'd something regarding the GEMINI Captains, maybe a virus infects their hive-mind and renders them useless similar to whatever SCORPIO did with GEMINI Prime, honestly I think that is way more believable than having all of the Eternal Fleet suddenly destroyed by the Gravestone or whatever, a good question I wanted to ask to Charles though is, how many ships did the Eternal Empire lost during the Alliance's attacks and such? More importantly are they able to be replaced? We know they can build new GEMINI Captains since they had the template for it, but what about new Eternal Fleet ships? The strength of the Fleet is in overwhelming numbers, and probably the hive-mind that can cover gaps organic minds would take longer to, if they're on a reduced number maybe the Commander has to put the Fleet out of service or use it less.

Assuming all the ships on Iokath flying around are new, then I would assume yes, they're being built at a fast pace.

Can't these ships be operated without the Gemini units? We see a few in that one uprising with the Zakuul forces on Rakata Prime. Assuming they deactivated, or maybe they reprogrammed them.

Assuming all the ships on Iokath flying around are new, then I would assume yes, they're being built at a fast pace.

Can't these ships be operated without the Gemini units? We see a few in that one uprising with the Zakuul forces on Rakata Prime. Assuming they deactivated, or maybe they reprogrammed them.

I don't know, I always assumed that the Eternal Fleet ships couldn't be operated without GEMINI or a huge crew. I haven't done that uprising in a long time but from what I recall the Exarch had her own forces and was trying to build her own Star Fortress.

I'm not so sure we ARE going to go back to Imp vs. Pub. A few points to consider:

--If all the companions and Alliance figures pack up and go back to their normal lives, not all classes will have their entire original crew back.

Trooper: Have the option to kill Aric (even if he was your hubby), Elara can dump you (and the Alliance) if you did enough bad things during KOT(FE/ET), and the voice actor for Tanno Vik passed away, so presumably Vik met his maker at Asylum?

Agent: Have the option to kill Kaliyo (even if she was your wife), and you either killed SCORPIO or let her merge her consciousness into Iokath.

Sith Warrior: Have the option to kill Malavai Quinn at the end of the Iokath storyline (even if he was your hubby).

Sith Inquisitor: Ashara can refuse to rejoin you if you try to dominate her again during the reunion quest.

Finally, there's still no trace of Kira, Doc, Scourge, Tharan, Zenith, Nadia, Jaesa, or Khem Val. Maybe Ak'ghal Usar (sp?) goes with the Inquisitor as a replacement for Khem?

Some spoiler sites like Vulkk claim that Kira, Scourge and Jaesa (at least, Dark Jaesa) are returning in a 5.10 patch. I'm not contradicting them, but prefer to wait for confirmation.

That's just the companions.

We've just touched on the Order of Zildrog looking to destroy the Alliance. Why not make THEM the antagonists of the expansion? Revan got a whole expansion, and if Imp and Pub got separate story lines for SoR, maybe that expansion would have been... less hated? (I liked it at first, it just got tedious to do again and again.)

Maybe Zildrog himself can only be taken out by sacrificing the whole Eternal Fleet, putting us back in position to go back to Imp vs. Pub since the Alliance has now lost its big punch.

Although, the Alliance WAS formed primarily to take out Valkorion and family; once they're gone, it might not take long for the two former enemies making up the Alliance, to start bickering again along original faction lines.

Edited by HollyUSEC

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not so sure we ARE going to go back to Imp vs. Pub. A few points to consider:

--If all the companions and Alliance figures pack up and go back to their normal lives, not all classes will have their entire original crew back.

Trooper: Have the option to kill Aric (even if he was your hubby), Elara can dump you (and the Alliance) if you did enough bad things during KOT(FE/ET), and the voice actor for Tanno Vik passed away, so presumably Vik met his maker at Asylum?

Agent: Have the option to kill Kaliyo (even if she was your wife), and you either killed SCORPIO or let her merge her consciousness into Iokath.

Sith Warrior: Have the option to kill Malavai Quinn at the end of the Iokath storyline (even if he was your hubby).

Sith Inquisitor: Ashara can refuse to rejoin you if you try to dominate her again during the reunion quest.

Finally, there's still no trace of Kira, Doc, Scourge, Tharan, Zenith, Nadia, Jaesa, or Khem Val. Maybe Ak'ghal Usar (sp?) goes with the Inquisitor as a replacement for Khem?

Some spoiler sites like Vulkk claim that Kira, Scourge and Jaesa (at least, Dark Jaesa) are returning in a 5.10 patch. I'm not contradicting them, but prefer to wait for confirmation.

That's just the companions.

We've just touched on the Order of Zildrog looking to destroy the Alliance. Why not make THEM the antagonists of the expansion? Revan got a whole expansion, and if Imp and Pub got separate story lines for SoR, maybe that expansion would have been... less hated? (I liked it at first, it just got tedious to do again and again.)

Maybe Zildrog himself can only be taken out by sacrificing the whole Eternal Fleet, putting us back in position to go back to Imp vs. Pub since the Alliance has now lost its big punch.

Although, the Alliance WAS formed primarily to take out Valkorion and family; once they're gone, it might not take long for the two former enemies making up the Alliance, to start bickering again along original faction lines.

where do you think Vulkk got his info from? he did a live interview and got his info straight from the devs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Well, we are still the strongest faction. We just can't bully both at the same time anymore. So we'll need to ally with one to subdue the other then new territory lines must be drawn.

A faction that, with KOTFE and KOTET as a segue, could have blossomed into a true third faction, a third way to play, with a fresh new story arc, had not the forums erupted calling for a return to Imp Versus Pub and subsequently killed it.

Unfortunate.