2 dudes that live in there basement and make...

iPhone games could make a better raid.

Heres our 4 hours of SOA attempts last night.

-We get into our 16 man group and pull, invisible orbs wipes the raid when we are jumping down the second set of platforms.

-Next attempt 2 or 3 of our raiders had the entire world and the other players magically disappear during the attempt, we quickly threw a mark over a raiders head for them to blindly follow.

-More attempts where invisible orbs below a platform blow people up through the floor.

-next few attempts the boss in the final phase was pulled into pyramids and his shield randomly decided not to break so we could not dps him.

-More invisible orb deaths while we jump down platforms.

-More attempts where the pyramids did not break the shield on the boss.

-The melee sometimes just randomly cannot charge into SOA after his shield is broken.

-The mindtrap would just randomly kill people.

So at this point we decide to split into two 8 mans

-Group 1 had the boss choose the main tank for the mindtrap target and that caused the fight to just randomly reset. the boss just disappeared.

-Group 2 kills him and the two people who were in the mindtrap when the boss died could not loot the boss, they got glitched out of the fight and sent to there own phase, loot on the boss had there name on it but they could not get it. Theres no point in opening a ticket because it will take 2 weeks and then some untrained imbecile will copy paste a "thanks for letting us know about the issue" response and not even fix it!

-Group 1 has the world and all players go invisible 2 more times and have to exit area.

So a very simple boss thats very very easy to kill takes us 4 hours, literally the entire time and every single attempt was us fighting bugs. I didnt even mention yet how horrid the ability lag is in 16 mans, atleast EVERY SINGLE ATTEMPT 10+ abilities for our raiders just didnt go off, like the global happened but the ability did not. Thats over 100 abilities that just magically did not go off, my brother who makes flash games can do better than that. A 2 second cast takes over 4 to actually happen, the cast bars are broken. Overall the entire raid experience is BUSTED.

Lastly I know that when people go to college for game design, one of there projects is to make a polygonal object bounce around in a 3-D space. You can buy tons of iPhone games where little orbs bounce around. Bioware is supposed to be a top 5 developers in the entire world and they cannot design some orbs that bounce around to not go invisible and randomly blow people up?!?! Not only that but that game is out for this long and the orbs arent fixed? This is purely incompetent of the developers, just flat out embarrasing. You should all go back to school and learn to make little basic orbs float around a room, or be fired and replaced with people that dont fail at game design basics 101.

For dealing with this incompetently designed busted raid every member of my raid that wasted there time playing something that seems like a few high school kids made as a prank should be refunded there 15 bucks for next month.

Edited by RichLather

Make sure you pass this along to the developers, let them know that designing a raid like there a monkey just pressing random buttons on there PC while they drool on themselves is not ok. You SHOULD be embarrased because what you have created is a big pile of crap. Its not ok to just act like everything is fine and fix it a month later. Stop wasting my time and money, either be able to design basic crap like an orb floating around or get fired like you deserve. Whoever was in charge of making the orbs on the SOA fight does not deserve to work in a world class design house. Edited by RichLather

What do you do for a living? Let's pretend, if this isn't the actual case, that you work for Mc Donalds making burgers.

Someone comes through ordering a big mac with no lettuce, you're in a hurry trying to catch up on orders and completely forget to take the lettuce off of that orders big mac. Would you appreciate someone coming in and degrading you, calling you worthless, and saying you should be fired? Absolutely not. What should happen in that situation is, the customer should come back in, and say, excuse me, I ordered this without lettuce, could you please fix this for me?

I know this was a lackluster example, and obviously it's not apples to apples, but I hope you get the idea and see my point.

I know you're probably really frustrated but it's never good to write things on the internet when you're upset. Take a bit and calm down, get some ideas together and present them in a calm professional manner.

tl;dr

Give constructive feedback so that it's actually passed on.

iPhone games could make a better raid.

Heres our 4 hours of SOA attempts last night.

-We get into our 16 man group and pull, invisible orbs wipes the raid when we are jumping down the second set of platforms.

-Next attempt 2 or 3 of our raiders had the entire world and the other players magically disappear during the attempt, we quickly threw a mark over a raiders head for them to blindly follow.

-More attempts where invisible orbs below a platform blow people up through the floor.

-next few attempts the boss in the final phase was pulled into pyramids and his shield randomly decided not to break so we could not dps him.

-More invisible orb deaths while we jump down platforms.

-More attempts where the pyramids did not break the shield on the boss.

-The melee sometimes just randomly cannot charge into SOA after his shield is broken.

-The mindtrap would just randomly kill people.

So at this point we decide to split into two 8 mans

-Group 1 had the boss choose the main tank for the mindtrap target and that caused the fight to just randomly reset. the boss just disappeared.

-Group 2 kills him and the two people who were in the mindtrap when the boss died could not loot the boss, they got glitched out of the fight and sent to there own phase, loot on the boss had there name on it but they could not get it. Theres no point in opening a ticket because it will take 2 weeks and then some untrained imbecile will copy paste a "thanks for letting us know about the issue" response and not even fix it!

-Group 1 has the world and all players go invisible 2 more times and have to exit area.

So a very simple boss thats very very easy to kill takes us 4 hours, literally the entire time and every single attempt was us fighting bugs. I didnt even mention yet how horrid the ability lag is in 16 mans, atleast EVERY SINGLE ATTEMPT 10+ abilities for our raiders just didnt go off, like the global happened but the ability did not. Thats over 100 abilities that just magically did not go off, my brother who makes flash games can do better than that. A 2 second cast takes over 4 to actually happen, the cast bars are broken. Overall the entire raid experience is BUSTED.

Lastly I know that when people go to college for game design, one of there projects is to make a polygonal object bounce around in a 3-D space. You can buy tons of iPhone games where little orbs bounce around. Bioware is supposed to be a top 5 developers in the entire world and they cannot design some orbs that bounce around to not go invisible and randomly blow people up?!?! Not only that but that game is out for this long and the orbs arent fixed? This is purely incompetent of the developers, just flat out embarrasing. You should all go back to school and learn to make little basic orbs float around a room, or be fired and replaced with people that dont fail at game design basics 101.

For dealing with this incompetently designed busted raid every member of my raid that wasted there time playing something that seems like a few high school kids made as a prank should be refunded there 15 bucks for next month.

We had the same issue with people being stuck in mind traps when boss died, had to wait around 30 extra min to keep getting the in combat res to res them since you still get stuck in combat after boss died, loot didn't go away though so we finally got everyone up to get their loot. Really annoying though.

Terrible analogy.

The burger thing can be easily fixed in a few minutes and the manager might even "comp" the burger and give it free to you.

It doesnt waste any of your time either, unlike those bugs listed above.

Those bugs might or might not be fixed and in an unknown time frame.

I agree however, that the OP should be able to present his arguments in a more polite manner.

What do you do for a living? Let's pretend, if this isn't the actual case, that you work for Mc Donalds making burgers.

Someone comes through ordering a big mac with no lettuce, you're in a hurry trying to catch up on orders and completely forget to take the lettuce off of that orders big mac. Would you appreciate someone coming in and degrading you, calling you worthless, and saying you should be fired? Absolutely not. What should happen in that situation is, the customer should come back in, and say, excuse me, I ordered this without lettuce, could you please fix this for me?

I know this was a lackluster example, and obviously it's not apples to apples, but I hope you get the idea and see my point.

I know you're probably really frustrated but it's never good to write things on the internet when you're upset. Take a bit and calm down, get some ideas together and present them in a calm professional manner.

tl;dr

Give constructive feedback so that it's actually passed on.

Just a note, the tank only gets Mindtrapped if he lost threat on the boss. Get better tanks.

The pillars not breaking the shield is annoying though.

Invisible balls can be dealt with easily.

I got mindtrapper while he was attacking me, I did not lose aggro, so I call horse **** on this one.

The engine, the software, the genre, or the hardware that the game is designed on do not matter. If you cannot make an orb float around a room without bugging out then why were you hired? Theres no excuse for this level of imcompetence. Also, i dont have to be kind, Im paying to waste hours on content that is supposed to be playable. Edited by RichLather

The engine, the software, the genre, or the hardware that the game is designed on do not matter. If you cannot make an orb float around a room without bugging out then why were you hired? Theres no excuse for this level of imcompetence.

Yes because anyone that cannot do their job utterly flawlessly, especially in a large scale and complex project must be incompetent.

Yes because anyone that cannot do their job utterly flawlessly, especially in a large scale and complex project must be incompetent.

The last boss of the main raid has a mechanic that blows people up, you would think that someone getting payed to make sure these things (which are important) would atleast be playable. Again, theres no excuse for such a huge distaster of a bug on such important content.

The last boss of the main raid has a mechanic that blows people up, you would think that someone getting payed to make sure these things (which are important) would atleast be playable. Again, theres no excuse for such a huge distaster of a bug on such important content.

Oh definitely I am glad that WoW never ever had any bosses, especially in say tier 5 that had mechanics so bad they were considered broken...

Why are there people defending a buggy design? I mean it's buggy, it's broken it should have been fixed at beta (because thats what beta is for) but it's not. Everybody playing the game paid full, complete price for the game but got a game with some incomplete aspects. It's his right to complain. Also complaints make better game, sucking up to a company makes more buggy releases.

Act like gamers people.

This game has soooo many issues. Is it really even necessary to point them out?

Personal opinion is cancel for a few month, then come back for one month to see if things are better. If they are then stay, if not your out 15 bucks and no harm no foul.

That is what I am thinking I will do.

I got a great idea, lets get programmers who are so poor at there job that they make each raid boss unable to reset themselves so that the players have to reset and clear trash after every attempt! That should bring the players in and make them want to pay for the game! My god I cannot believe how bad these designers failed...this is so sad.

This game has soooo many issues. Is it really even necessary to point them out?

Personal opinion is cancel for a few month, then come back for one month to see if things are better. If they are then stay, if not your out 15 bucks and no harm no foul.

That is what I am thinking I will do.

And thats exactly the problem, it should not be so bad that people are thinking about leaving for a month. If thats not proof they messed up badly and need to fire some people on the raid design team and get some talented people in there that laugh at the pathetic guys who messed up basics like orbs floating around....If the next raid doesnt blow me away Im headed straight to guild wars 2.

Edited by RichLather