Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PLEASE FIX story mission "showdown on iokath"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
PLEASE FIX story mission "showdown on iokath"

aristein
11.08.2019 , 06:38 PM | #1
In the storyline "showdown on iokath" (after Acina uses the superweapon throne), The walker you are given is not capable of destroying 3 sentinels. If you manage to kill one before you die, they just respawn and you have to face 3 again when you resurrect. So, you can't even keep going and just eat a HUGE repair bill. So, there is no way to progress the story guys!

Worse, I am not even sure how to get my character out of this instance now. I just show up dead and all respawning (there or at med center) put me back in the walker being attacked by sentinels! So, I can't even use this character until you fix this.

Come on guys, if you can't even be bothered to test the storyline to see if it has any game-breaking bugs, at least fix them asap! I just returned to swtor a month ago and I can't even play the freaking story??

I am a little upset right now and maybe I shouldn't say this, but if you aren't able to make the walker quests fun (as it should be being in a powerful war machine), then cut them out of the story. If your devs aren't competent enough to write a workable walker quest, then don't ruin the playability of the story for everyone trying to do something they don't seem to be capable of.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Gelious
11.08.2019 , 06:49 PM | #2
You are doing it wrong.

1) Pick one Sentinel, stomp and shoot at it,

2) When Sentintels start casting red circles under you, drop everything and start running around the room, while still shooting at the walker you picked.

3) After circles are gone, go back to the Sentinel and continue stomping on it.

4)Repeat steps 2 and 3 until Sentinel dies,

5) Pick another Sentinel, repeat the whole process.

You may or may not be able to kill 3 Sentinels in one go, but you should be able to kill 2. After third Sentinel kills you, respawn and kill it. That's all.

Since they fixed the walker's hp I did this mission on 2 chars already.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

aristein
11.08.2019 , 09:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
You are doing it wrong.

2) When Sentintels start casting red circles under you, drop everything and start running around the room, while still shooting at the walker you picked.

You may or may not be able to kill 3 Sentinels in one go, but you should be able to kill 2. After third Sentinel kills you, respawn and kill it. That's all.

Tried that. Stomping did ZERO damage. And, the one I killed respawned IMMEDIATELY after I rezzed. And, yes, I tried running around when the red circles appear. I died 6 or 7 times trying to do what you just described. And, every single time, the one I just killed popped right back when I rezzed. And, yes, I tried both calling a probe and rezzing at medical center...they both put you right back in the walker, and the one I just killed respawned before the second round of fighting even begins.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

aristein
11.08.2019 , 09:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
You are doing it wrong.

OK, I just relogged back in and this time stomp did actually work. So, the bug was stomp not working the first time (and yes I tried at least 4 or 5 times and zero damage each time). And, it seems logging out while dead and exiting the game and coming back fixed it. A very frustrating bug to encounter though.
--Thomas Jefferson