Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

Sardonyyx's Avatar


Sardonyyx
05.15.2013 , 11:34 AM | #81
/signed



Glad to see you VGs are actually talking sense. Been saying this stuff over the pt forums and I keep getting fought about how the spec is fine and needed a nerf. Lol. Pubs are alright.

All the imps do is troll be fight each other haha.

xMuncher's Avatar


xMuncher
05.16.2013 , 03:10 AM | #82
Bioware you made me give up on the first character I made in SWTOR.
Though I love my VG I would never choose it to be on a 1st RWZ team anymore.
Thank you for ruining them.

af_raptura's Avatar


af_raptura
05.16.2013 , 05:54 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Sardonyyx View Post
/signed



Glad to see you VGs are actually talking sense. Been saying this stuff over the pt forums and I keep getting fought about how the spec is fine and needed a nerf. Lol. Pubs are alright.

All the imps do is troll be fight each other haha.
Hey, us imps aren't all that bad. A lot of people are just angry that a PT/VG killed them with seemingly a simple rotation.

I personally run AP on my powertech (that's tactics for the pubs). I do okay, but I really do think that the other classes are a bit stronger in both damage and defense. All PT/VG trees could use a buff, really.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

Nezyrworks's Avatar


Nezyrworks
05.17.2013 , 02:18 AM | #84
People help us get the "Assault Trooper" talent fixed, because obviously it doesnt work properly:

Check Link! BUMP and help fixing it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...27#post6312727
Meet the Pyro!

Sardonyyx's Avatar


Sardonyyx
05.17.2013 , 05:01 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by af_raptura View Post
Hey, us imps aren't all that bad. A lot of people are just angry that a PT/VG killed them with seemingly a simple rotation.

I personally run AP on my powertech (that's tactics for the pubs). I do okay, but I really do think that the other classes are a bit stronger in both damage and defense. All PT/VG trees could use a buff, really.

Yet the smashers go unpunished. Good ol bioware, nerfing the wrong class as always.

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
05.17.2013 , 09:59 AM | #86
/signed

It is really no fun playing class without burst. Practically every class can make now 7-9 k crits, except vanguards, scoundrels and sages.

Now I play only with my guardian, sentinel and shadow, but sorry for my scoundrel scrapper and assault vanguard

fortsmithman's Avatar


fortsmithman
05.17.2013 , 10:18 AM | #87
I just started playing a vanguard and I am able ti kill elites my level and 1 level higher. The trick is always gear up for your level. It also helps my crew skill is cybertech since I can make my own armour plates which saves one a lot of credits. As well when I level up I try and buy the next available level i can use barrels and enhancements. My main is a commando. The complaints I am seeing in the vanguard forums is nothing new to me it is a common gripe in the commando forums.

ZillaElite's Avatar


ZillaElite
05.17.2013 , 11:52 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Nezyrworks View Post
People help us get the "Assault Trooper" talent fixed, because obviously it doesnt work properly:

Check Link! BUMP and help fixing it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...27#post6312727
Looks like this is getting fixed.

------
Hi there folks,

I can confirm that there is a bug with Assault Trooper; it's not increasing the crit bonus damage for Ion Pulse, just like the OP stated. This issue is slated to be fixed in Game Update 2.1.1, but we also have not completed testing, so there's always a chance that the patch number could change. If that happens, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks!
Amber Green | Live Services Specialist
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]
-----
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...84#post6315484

NeverSuffer's Avatar


NeverSuffer
05.18.2013 , 10:14 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by fortsmithman View Post
I just started playing a vanguard and I am able ti kill elites my level and 1 level higher. The trick is always gear up for your level. It also helps my crew skill is cybertech since I can make my own armour plates which saves one a lot of credits. As well when I level up I try and buy the next available level i can use barrels and enhancements. My main is a commando. The complaints I am seeing in the vanguard forums is nothing new to me it is a common gripe in the commando forums.
The complaints are geared more toward and endgame lvl 55 and how that plays....... lol.... nobody is talking about lvl 15 balance issues.
Lethality/Concealment Operative

My poor other characters all died in a fire with this awful RNG system that makes it pointless to play them

Mularky's Avatar


Mularky
05.18.2013 , 04:43 PM | #90
I know that they said that they will ever revert changes for a class but I don't think there is any other way to fix assualt spec.