Telekinetics Sage

WNxAbaddon

Hey guys.

Am looking to min / max my stats on my sage, however I cant seem to find the definitive numbers for the latest patch. I have looked on the net and there seems to be two sites that have a build but they list diffent numbers.

VULKK https://vulkk.com/2019/12/03/swtor-6-0-telekinetics-sage-pve-guide/#Stat_Priority

1590 accuracy

2125 alacrity

2456 crit

But here on mmobits https://mmobits.com/2019/11/26/telekinetics-sage-pve-guide-by-sion/#Rotation_and_Priorities

1590 accuracy

1901 alacrity

2240 crit

Can someone please let me know what I sould be aiming for I have what Vulkk says at the moment but am not sure on mastery, power and endurance as that isn't listed.

Hey guys.

Am looking to min / max my stats on my sage, however I cant seem to find the definitive numbers for the latest patch. I have looked on the net and there seems to be two sites that have a build but they list diffent numbers.

VULKK https://vulkk.com/2019/12/03/swtor-6-0-telekinetics-sage-pve-guide/#Stat_Priority

1590 accuracy

2125 alacrity

2456 crit

But here on mmobits https://mmobits.com/2019/11/26/telekinetics-sage-pve-guide-by-sion/#Rotation_and_Priorities

1590 accuracy

1901 alacrity

2240 crit

Can someone please let me know what I sould be aiming for I have what Vulkk says at the moment but am not sure on mastery, power and endurance as that isn't listed.

TK Sage and Lit Sorc have two buffs that give them a boost in alacrity. Their Focal buff gives +5% and Mental Alacrity / Polarity Shift gives +20% for 20s. Due to this TK / Lit do not need as much alacrity to hit the GCD breakpoints as do other classes. 1895 alacrity will give a Sage / Sorc enough alacrity that with their 5% Focal buff they can hit the 1.3s GCD breakpoint (15.38%), but at that point you are just shy of the 36.36% needed for 1.1s GCD when under MA / PS (15.38% + 20% = 35.38%).

The two different numbers you are seeing are likely due to one person going for 1.3s GCD with the 5% Focal buff and settling for 1.2s GCD when under MA / PS. The higher value, if I remember correctly, will put your standing (unbuffed) alacrity percentage at >=11.36%. That would mean that with the +5% from the Focal buff and the +20% from MA / PS you would have >= to 36.36% alacrity for 1.1s GCD.

The trade of going higher alacrity, as you can see, is lower crit. The decision to be made is do you find it worthwhile to lose a little crit so you can have 1.1s GCD with MA / PS and the Focal buff. If you raid a lot then it is likely better to go with the higher alacrity. I do not raid at all, and very rarely ever run a flashpoint, so I decided that I would rather have higher crit since I do not often use MA / PS so 1.3s / 1.2s GCD is good enough for me.

TK Sage and Lit Sorc have two buffs that give them a boost in alacrity. Their Focal buff gives +5% and Mental Alacrity / Polarity Shift gives +20% for 20s. Due to this TK / Lit do not need as much alacrity to hit the GCD breakpoints as do other classes. 1895 alacrity will give a Sage / Sorc enough alacrity that with their 5% Focal buff they can hit the 1.3s GCD breakpoint (15.38%), but at that point you are just shy of the 36.36% needed for 1.1s GCD when under MA / PS (15.38% + 20% = 35.38%).

The two different numbers you are seeing are likely due to one person going for 1.3s GCD with the 5% Focal buff and settling for 1.2s GCD when under MA / PS. The higher value, if I remember correctly, will put your standing (unbuffed) alacrity percentage at >=11.36%. That would mean that with the +5% from the Focal buff and the +20% from MA / PS you would have >= to 36.36% alacrity for 1.1s GCD.

The trade of going higher alacrity, as you can see, is lower crit. The decision to be made is do you find it worthwhile to lose a little crit so you can have 1.1s GCD with MA / PS and the Focal buff. If you raid a lot then it is likely better to go with the higher alacrity. I do not raid at all, and very rarely ever run a flashpoint, so I decided that I would rather have higher crit since I do not often use MA / PS so 1.3s / 1.2s GCD is good enough for me.

If all you said is true and I have no reasion to dout you. Wouldn't the 2nd set of number's have higher crit? that's why I picked the Vulkk numbers, it says 2125 alacrity and 2456 crit giving Vulkk 216 MORE crit. Am not trying to be argumentative am just wondering if the mmobit's one is out of date? am really just trying to find out what I sould be aiming for as I want to start raiding but I don't want to go into it underperforming due to out of date infomation

Edited by WNxAbaddon

If all you said is true and I have no reasion to dout you. Wouldn't the 2nd set of number's have higher crit? that's why I picked the Vulkk numbers, it says 2125 alacrity and 2456 crit giving Vulkk 216 MORE crit. Am not trying to be argumentative am just wondering if the mmobit's one is out of date? am really just trying to find out what I sould be aiming for as I want to start raiding but I don't want to go into it underperforming due to out of date infomation

I did not follow the link but likely the MMObits post is using the older augments. New augments were recently added that require mats from both OPs and PVP. Their cost on the GTN is exorbitant for a relatively small stat increase.

I am still using the old purple 228's (from 5.0), which give +96 tertiary stat, because the purple 286's cost a lot more to craft for only +12 more points to tertiary stat (+108 tertiary stat). The new gold 300 augments give +34 over the purple 228's (+130 tertiary stat), but they require OPs and PVP mats and are very expensive to acquire (whether you craft them yourself or buy them). Since the purple 228's are cheap and easy to craft, much cheaper even than the 286's, the tertiary stat bonus is minimal between the 228's and 286's, and the added endurance and power on the 286's is wasted in level synced content I still use the 228's. If you want min-maxed stats, especially for non-synced content (Dxun OP, Uprisings (these will be bumped to 75 soon), or PVP), then you will want the higher augments.

If you want to price check on the GTN search for and compare:

• Advanced Critical Augment 45 - the purple 228
  • Advanced Critical Augment 74 - the purple 286
  • Superior Critical Augment 77 - the gold 300

If you want to craft your own 286 or 300 augments see the below links.

https://swtorista.com/articles/crafting-in-onslaught/ - general 6.0 crafting guide, includes 286's

https://swtorista.com/articles/new-superior-77-augments-in-swtor-guide/ - specific to 300 augments

ETA: I checked the prices this morning on my main server after I got in game. The 45 augs are going for ~120k each, the 74 augs are going for ~6.3 million each, and the 77 augs are going for ~633 million each. This is why I use the purple 45 augs (228's). The cost to acquire them (1.68 million for 14 45's vs 88.2 million for 14 74's, if I purchase all of them) is not worth the extra 168 points in tertiary stats. At least, not to me.

Edited by ceryxp

There are 2 builds(technically 3 but let´s ignore that for a second):

1. 2128+ Alacrity: This build has 1,3 gcd and under polarity shift(the alacrity bbuff,dont know the rep name) 1,1 gcd

2. 1895+ Alacrity: This has 1,3 gcd and under polarity shift only 1,2 gcd, but has more crit both are viable, presonal preference whatever

• 1 month later...

Actually rly easy

Build 1 (1895+): You have always a 1,3gcd (so 1,3 seconds between your abilities) and during polarity shift/mental alacrity you have a 1,2 gcd, overall you have more crit than build 2

Build 2 (2128+): You have always a 1,3gcd and during polarity shift/mental alacrity you have a 1,1gcd, overall you have less crit but you deal more dmg during polarity shift