BH/TR's Pull to INSTA-DEATH in Hutball

alpatalik

BH/TRs can kill anyone instantly by pulling them to fire/acid-pool and -instantly- freezing the target.

I know that you can stun people or push them in/into those but pulling directly from 20+m to the death is game-breaking. It requires 0 skill and there is only a very little (non-existent most of the time) to counter it.

2-3 BH/TR only need to camp some fires to stop the other team from scoring.

So any fix for this coming soon?

you lost me there. anybody using that old wow lingo automatically loses tbh

You Troll. I never played WOW.

Use passing to avoid going near obstacles?

I stumbled upon 2-3 campers today. It was impossible to do anything. They were just insta-killing from cd to cd any carrier before we can pass (even we can pass they pulled then the final carrier).

Edited by alpatalik

Tell your ballcarriers to use Force Shroud more wisely and to save their cc breaker for when they're on a trap and get cc'd.

Alternatively, have your team cc/focus down the people doing this.

It's not insta-death either unless you're at fairly low hp to begin with, I've had time to cc break and Shroud->Speed my way to goal line when someone catches me on a fire trap.

It's not hard to score in huttball anyway. Extrication/pass to ledge near enemy goal line -> Speed to score.

Edited by Crimsane

Tell your ballcarriers to use Force Shroud more wisely and to save their cc breaker for when they're on a trap and get cc'd.

It's not insta-death either unless you're at fairly low hp to begin with, I've had time to cc break and Shroud->Speed my way to goal line when someone catches me on a fire trap.

It's not hard to score in huttball anyway. Extrication/pass to ledge near enemy goal line -> Speed to score.

You're talking about "organized" team in Hutball. It's impossible to tell ppl what to do in pugs. Most of the new level 10s enter WZ time after time.

Anyway I know what you mean but cc break has a longer CD than pull's CD. Last WZ, I got killed 8 times in a row to this pull thing and I was only able to use CC break twice.

Yeah, well, if the other team is more organized and works as a team more effectively than yours, you're likely boned from the start. Not much you can do in that case, go crazy smacking people for most medals or something when it's clear it's a lost cause.

In fairnes the root on Harpoon is talent specced not baseline.

Which is very fair for a tank spec in pvp.

The word is "fair".

Yeah, well, if the other team is more organized and works as a team more effectively than yours, you're likely boned from the start. Not much you can do in that case, go crazy smacking people for most medals or something when it's clear it's a lost cause.

1-2 ppl can do this. It requires no team organization. They don't even have to talk with each other.

Fire is pretty much always instadeath... the green stuff becomes more surviveable.. the only way I can live through fire is as healer and casting emergency scan as I'm in the center.. I will only live if I'm not (slowed)

now there are classes that seem to get through it usually tanks that are shielded or sorcs.

Edited by Shammus

Find a brain to think with. Issue Resolved. Next.

/poster

Unfortunately I have a brain, it allows me to understand social concepts. With this, I play with intelligent people in Huttball, and have not experienced the issue that you are having - because everyone knows that the top levels need to be cleared before we start passing from below to score.

GG, anything else?

How exactly do you want them to fix it, anyway? Nerf the skill? If so, slippery slope. Extricate gets nerfed next, for pulling people on edges is too easy to score from. Force Speed gets nerfed after, lets people fly through traps to goal line. Force Pull is next, it's annoying being close to goal and being pulled down to pit! etc...

sadly i dont see much that can b done with this problem. Cant take it away its a gap closer for their spec, and if u lowwer the damage on the fire/acid then peeps will start daring to cross them instead of throwing the ball. tough thing to fix. Edited by shadedsorrow

Unfortunately I have a brain, it allows me to understand social concepts. With this, I play with intelligent people in Huttball, and have not experienced the issue that you are having - because everyone knows that the top levels need to be cleared before we start passing from below to score.

GG, anything else?

and what does the other team do while you're clearing? eating apples?

How exactly do you want them to fix it, anyway? Nerf the skill? If so, slippery slope. Extricate gets nerfed next, for pulling people on edges is too easy to score from. Force Speed gets nerfed after, lets people fly through traps to goal line. Force Pull is next, it's annoying being close to goal and being pulled down to pit! etc...

sadly i dont see much that can b done with this problem. Cant take it away its a gap closer for their spec, and if u lowwer the damage on the fire/acid then peeps will start daring to cross them instead of throwing the ball. tough thing to fix.

They can make the obstacles non lethal but CCer. Like: it freezes you for 20 secs if you're on them or über slows you for 1min (which can't be disbelled but can be broken with 2min CD skill).

I can do that as a juggernaut too, just force push the 2 sec stun does the rest.

BH/TR's also freezes the target.

Edited by alpatalik

and what does the other team do while you're clearing? eating apples?

Well, they usually die. Considering that's the whole point.

I guess it should be noted that as a Consular I have an AoE knockback...that when teams are crossing the bridge I can use it in Voidstar to knock literally a whole team off, instantly killing them. I need to be nerfed because it's OP, and is game breaking.

Well, they usually die. Considering that's the whole point.

I guess it should be noted that as a Consular I have an AoE knockback...that when teams are crossing the bridge I can use it in Voidstar to knock literally a whole team off, instantly killing them. I need to be nerfed because it's OP, and is game breaking.

Stop trolling. Please.

You still can't get the point.

CONS/SORC aoe KB can be countered. Even SW/JK's pull can be countered. But you can't counter BH/TR's pull.

BH/TRs can kill anyone instantly by pulling them to fire/acid-pool and -instantly- freezing the target.

I know that you can stun people or push them in/into those but pulling directly from 20+m to the death is game-breaking. It requires 0 skill and there is only a very little (non-existent most of the time) to counter it.

2-3 BH/TR only need to camp some fires to stop the other team from scoring.

So any fix for this coming soon?

Only thing that needs fixed is your gameplay.

Learn how to deal with it, and stop posting stuff like a class is OP just because "you" can't deal with it.

Edited by Caeliux

Stop trolling. Please.

You still can't get the point.

CONS/SORC aoe KB can be countered. Even SW/JK's pull can be countered. But you can't counter BH/TR's pull.

A whole team is going to counter? More often than not, when the rush happens...3-4 people always die from my AoE knockback, instantly. Your logic is fail.