Troper class missions ending

Ricj

The trooper class history is awesome, except the ending, the ending is disappointing. The JK ending has a parade and an increase in rank. The trooper doesn't even have that, and he is in the military, daa? why is this? why create such an awesome history with no real ending? I would like to be able to express with words how disappointing it was, after fighting the most awesome battle, capture the Empires top general and not even "a thanks now you are a general", or a Colonel, no ... all you get is f u, u work is useless we gonna let him go. Come on!!! Gotta have a good reason for this. I loved the whole thing, now I am gonna do it again, but I am gonna execute the b****** before handing him in. Not worth it.

Hopefully the expansion will fix this. What are your thoughts guys? did you like the ending?

For the rank: I don't think that anywhere colonels' lead only one squad unit on the field, but maybe they could have hinted that you would be leading some other special forces squads too. Colonel would be leading the whole battle in safe distance. So it makes sense that you don't get promoted. Major is little iffy by itself already in my opinion.

But yep. The ending was a let down if you have played Jedi knight first.

Edited by FINNT

The trooper class history is awesome, except the ending, the ending is disappointing. The JK ending has a parade and an increase in rank. The trooper doesn't even have that, and he is in the military, daa? why is this? why create such an awesome history with no real ending? I would like to be able to express with words how disappointing it was, after fighting the most awesome battle, capture the Empires top general and not even "a thanks now you are a general", or a Colonel, no ... all you get is f u, u work is useless we gonna let him go. Come on!!! Gotta have a good reason for this. I loved the whole thing, now I am gonna do it again, but I am gonna execute the b****** before handing him in. Not worth it.

Hopefully the expansion will fix this. What are your thoughts guys? did you like the ending?

The ending fits perfectly. for one the conuslar and the knight have a far greater impact 2 your still special forces and their missions is usually not something you parade with 3 generals and colonels generally dont personally lead special forces into missions.

First SPOILERS PEOPLE!

Me personally I took the darkside choice. Granted i was straight laced and mostly light side, but there was no way in HELL i was letting that General walk after all my squad did to take him down and into custody. Want those thousands of soldiers freed, well I think my squad has all the free time in the world.

Every other politician in the class story acts like an idiot, I don't know why the ending would be any different. At least you can talk her out of it.

As far as the rank thing goes, eh. It was already straining credulity to have the trooper be promoted to Major, whilst still only commanding a single squad, because they accomplished another mission.

Edited by Bleeters

Every other politician in the class story acts like an idiot, I don't know why the ending would be any different. At least you can talk her out of it.

As far as the rank thing goes, eh. It was already straining credulity to have the trooper be promoted to Major, whilst still only commanding a single squad, because they accomplished another mission.

Could be worse. You could be a full admiral but still just captaining a single starship like in Star Trek Online's end-game.

;)

For the rank: I don't think that anywhere colonels' lead only one squad unit on the field, but maybe they could have hinted that you would be leading some other special forces squads too. Colonel would be leading the whole battle in safe distance. So it makes sense that you don't get promoted. Major is little iffy by itself already in my opinion.

But yep. The ending was a let down if you have played Jedi knight first.

I think they watched way too much SG-1 when they made the ranks. Colonel Jack O'Neill anyone?

Seriously, the promotions in this storyline happen A) way too fast, and B) he's commanding far too few people to warrant a promotion.

I think they watched way too much SG-1 when they made the ranks. Colonel Jack O'Neill anyone?

Yep. Probably :D

Seriously, the promotions in this storyline happen A) way too fast, and B) he's commanding far too few people to warrant a promotion.

I agree with the pace, but they "bagged" themselves when they started the story how all the

other members of the squad defect. Also they couldn't put anyone other to lead Havoc -> He/she would "have to die" after suitable period to make room for pc chracter.

With different startup they could have slowed the promotion pace so that maybe you would get promoted max to captain at the very end. Still a company (unit) officer.

come on!!!! is a game not real life. In a game a General could command a single unit, who cares, is the sense of accomplishment that counts. Secondly Colonels still commands a battlefield and they would still be in the danger zone. But I do agree, my thoughts where a long the lines you would take over the generals job... :-)