Join a late wz?

spaace

Kinda getting fed up with joining a warzone that is in progress, that is obviously full of fail people constantly leaving...

Join, get farmed by people camping spawn points from being 8v4(5..etc) and get 0 medals after wasting 5 min.

"Warzone in progress..." queue.

Or how about that lock out for ******e who leave?

Edited by spaace

Spaace - feel your pain. With the turmoil on the new patch, especially starting a WZ with 5v8 - more and more are just leaving the match, rather than participating in what will be a farming event.

Now - this will be counter-intuitive, and yes, I realize it ruins your short-term game play. Sorry for the latter. MORE people should start leaving the matches when it is an obvious 5v8 instance. (or worse) !!! It hasn't taken me long to figure out that the PvP faction is a rather vocal group, that the companies (like BW) try to appease at least somewhat.

SO - want to get WZs fixed, so they become (once again) matches that are relatively even, and have a flying chance of being the great battles? Instead of seeing (literally !) a dozen people pop in and out or go AFK ? Start leaving them when you see it.

I know this is tantamount to sacrilege around here, but maybe that is what is needed to get BW's attention. Don't pillory me just yet - think on it.

Gotta agree with that.

It was better before they "fixed" it... now it doesn't start until there are "8" in queue.. but, it doesn't take in fact that people leave and drop queue.

Truth be told, its either the people who are so full of their own ego, when they get out played and skilled, they leave..... or the terrible as hell people leave because they run off by themself, get ganged by 4 people, complain, then leave....

1 more month till my ISP gives me 10Mbps up speeds(yay 1 right now) and I'll be able to stream.. maybe get bioware to watch it and fix the problems =P

I'm completely in agreement with you guys. I had been greatly enjoying PvP matches in this game (pre 50) up until 1.2 was released. Now it's become fairly miserable. Almost, literally, no reward if you're on the losing side. This combined with the outrageous DPS and stunlocking abilities of the Ops class, of which there now seem to be a great number in WZ's, have me, personally, disinterested in WZ's altogether.

Agreed, and signed etc :-)

I think they should make people leaving a warzone more than 2 times within the same 24 hours lose a Valor level per warzone left after the first.

I do like the 3 medal system as it makes people play to gather rewards, as you cant AFK for epics.

And getting 3 medals in a full warzone is very possible, even when losing. However can be very hard when joining a Warzone as backfill, so really wish they will stop backfilling. That will make those WZ finish quicker, and with a proper penalty for leaving I hope it would work.

OP I understand your frustration but with the rewards for a loss being so low compared to pre-1.2 patch, most players don't have any desire to see a loss until the end. Why waste time waiting for nothing when I can reque and have another shot at getting something?

Bioware has positively encouraged this by making the rewards so low and not having any penalty for leaving early.

If I join a warzone already in progess and my team is losing, I drop. No point in wasting my time. Bioware has made clear that this is ok.

I didn't used to play warzones that way. Pre-1.2 I would always stick around until the end because I wanted to play fair and losing is part of a PVP match. My rewards were not insanely lower than the winners and so I felt motivation to try hard regardless of the score. Now that motivation does not exist. Bioware has killed it, so I do as other players and bail in a losing situation.

Quite frankly even if there was a penalty for bailing early (such as increased wait time for the next warzone reque) I would still bail because I can do other things while I wait for the next warzone. Rather than waste up to 15 minutes of my time for zero or little reward, I can spend that time leveling up, doing dailies, trying to get into a FP or OP group.

Bioware needs to increase out motivation to stay even if we are losing not only penalize people for leaving early.

Kinda getting fed up with joining a warzone that is in progress, that is obviously full of fail people constantly leaving...

Join, get farmed by people camping spawn points from being 8v4(5..etc) and get 0 medals after wasting 5 min.

"Warzone in progress..." queue.

Or how about that lock out for ******e who leave?

Threads like this get deleted or forgotton because of the fact people make excuses for leaving and people like me has pointed out so many times of this mess way before 1.2.

NO system has been put in play to punish these egotistical people.

Here is a few threads I have been apart of,

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=284612

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=294591

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2777132#post2777132

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2762411#post2762411

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2753730#post2753730

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2753421#post2753421

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2762279#post2762279

I could go on and say no response from Bioware, and the abuse of leaving Warzones continues as we speak.

I will quote this piece of garbage person that makes excuses why he leaves Warzones, and it is from a deleted thread,

"If you are a good player and know the time to quit a match, then do so cause it makes you a better player knowing when to quit when a lose is at hand"

Priceless isn't it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Caeliux

Agreed, and signed etc :-)

I think they should make people leaving a warzone more than 2 times within the same 24 hours lose a Valor level per warzone left after the first.

I do like the 3 medal system as it makes people play to gather rewards, as you cant AFK for epics.

And getting 3 medals in a full warzone is very possible, even when losing. However can be very hard when joining a Warzone as backfill, so really wish they will stop backfilling. That will make those WZ finish quicker, and with a proper penalty for leaving I hope it would work.

Stormp - as I mentioned to spaace - I *get* the frustration. You want to really PvP in full matches. I agree. Really. Seriously. But asking people to constantly go into a WZ time after time after time in which there is ZERO chance of even a good battle, is just NOT going to happen. Sorry if you think the contrary, but there is a large population in the game (and probably every MMO) that if you introduce a PvP option in which they get routinely, constantly ganked - they will stop coming into the PvP match. It is simple - People play GAMES to have FUN. Constant ganking != fun.

Sure, I could be wrong. But I would think it wise not to beat against this: If you introduce a penalty, all that will happen at this point, is you will see people just not queue up for PvP. Doesn't help your cause much, huh ? Now you have REALLY long waits for the PvP pop, at least until the PvP crowd gets bored, and goes to a more active PvP game.