Earning Credits? I need millions to buy gear?

Varicko

As the title says, I'm overwhelmed by how many credits I need to just access my gear sets from the fleet in the Supplies Section, individual pieces costing 1,000,000 on top of a paltry amount of the Tech parts or whatever the currency is called.

I'm a new player (returning, after doing class storys in vanilla.) I don't have anything of value, how do I go about earning 10s of millions of credits? Hundreds of millions? The GTN seems to reflect that all of you are billionaires?

Thanks ahead of time, hope this isn't too mundane of a confusion.

It does take a while to get money, however it's doable if you're only focused on buying the gear you need to play.

The GTN has become crazy expensive due to multi-billionaires from a recent glitch, so that takes a lot longer to deal with.

To get the 1 million you need for each gear piece, first make sure to get to item rating 306.

Then, run a bunch of flash points or operations. These will give you a lot of useless gear. Sell all of this gear that you don't need (not set bonuses or tacticals, however, don't sell those unless you already have them) to a vendor. It gives you about 12k credits each, so you can usually make around 100,000 or 125,000 per flashpoint, or 250,000 for operations by selling this gear. If you play a while, you can usually make from 700k to 1mil in a single day, giving you enough to buy gear in about a week. Basically, buy what you can, forget what you can't.

I know, the credit sinks are stupid, and I hate them just as much as you. But this is one way around it partially.

You didn't suggest what sort of gamestyle you like, such as PvP, end-game, etc, so, assuming you are just an ordinary PvE player:

As you progress through the game you will earn credits and get equipment drops. Some of these drops will be pieces from various bonus sets, so be on the lookout for ones that are useful to you. That will reduce the cost of buying pieces. Equip the best pieces as you go - or put the best mods into your shells - to increase your iRating and get better drops. Initially, deconstruct the rest for Tech Fragments. Later, you can just vendor them for credits.

To buy a full bonus set - which varies from 2 to 6 pieces** - would cost you up to 6 million** credits, which is not cheap, but you don't need to be a billionaire either. You can get some of that by using your monthly CC grant to buy things from the Cartel Market to sell on the GTN.

Don't be in a rush. While 306 gear will be the best, you can do most PvE content with just the 268 gear you get from doing Onslaught.

** You may also want to buy, as the 7th armor piece, one of the shells that can hold amplifiers. Which can mean an extra 1 million credits, but your bound to get at least 1 armor piece as a "free" drop.

Edited by JediQuaker

** You may also want to buy, as the 7th armor piece, one of the shells that can hold amplifiers. Which can mean an extra 1 million credits, but your bound to get at least 1 armor piece as a "free" drop.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by shells that can hold amplifiers as a 7th armor piece?

Could you elaborate on what you mean by shells that can hold amplifiers as a 7th armor piece?

The amplified champion armor set provides an extra combat amplifier in the shell. Most armor only has crafting amplifiers in the shell, but the amplified champion lets you get a green or blue attack amplifier.

I wouldn't honestly worry about buying any of the pieces of this set though. They drop frequently (almost every week for me) from conquest crates, weekly crates and flashpoint reward crates.

As it was already said it depends on what you do in the game. For like 90% of the game content you do not need 306 gear, or rather gear at all.

Buying the gear is one thing, but getting 306 is another. You can get that for free just be dedicating enough time to farming Hammer station on Master mode difficulty. Once you start getting gear you can also be selling what you do not need and making good money from that. After getting to gear rating 306 with Hammer station you will also have quite a lot of credits, fragments etc so it should not be a problem to buy gear.

So gear requirements aside, I am in the same boat as you more-or-less. I played back when Ilum was the highest end content and the first operation was out.. I quit shortly after and I just came back about a month ago and I feel woefully behind in many areas. I was super short on money for the longest time and I actually had so many tech fragments but not nearly enough credits to buy the set bonus shells (even though im only doing story questing and some dungeons I still wanted to have them just in no rush).

One of the things I did was to join a guild that always hits the large invasions and caps it for conquest. I would cap out my conquest for the week and that right there was 175K credits. I did this on 3 characters last week, and 5 characters this week (depends on how much time you have but I did it with a mix of Warzones and Flashpoints and doing the weekly bonuses on the lower level characters. Took me around 3-4 hours per character to hit cap (and not all of my characters are level 75, in fact last night I did it on a level 20 character, got to 26 just doing warzones and capping my conquest).

Anyway, last week with the 3 characters at 175K each from just pure credits I made 525K credits. Then the credits that I made from actually getting to the conquest cap. But I also took the purple quality crafting mats (and the isotope crafting mats that are basically thrown at you for doing flashpoints at any level) and took to the GTN. I did a search for the mats and sorted by unit price. I then put them up at that price on the GTN. I sold the isotopes in stacks of 20 for, I wanna say, 120K a stack. (They were going for about 6K each) and then I had some yellow quality embers (I forget their names) that sold for about 300K each (had 3 from the guild conquest stuff). Then a couple of the purple grade 11s I had sold for a couple mil each. At the end of it all I ended up with a combined credit total of 25 mil credits.

Granted, some of the purple grade crafting mats were probably sitting in my crafting material inventory for a bit and didn't all come that week. But it was a nice chunk of change. Also from doing all of that content a lot of it will give the jawa scraps. Those can be used to buy crafting mats and if you look around at prices you can find some that sell for a lot and sell those.

I think for the most part the credits come as you play but I agree it is a large hill to climb. I wish you luck!!

P.S. you could always use RL money and buy stuff off the cartel market, wait a few days and sell those on the GTN for millions too. Do some searching for what sells to really make the big numbers.

I find for me personally gathering is the best way to earn millions.

My routine is to spend about thirty minute to an hour each day just focus on gathering the level 11 nodes and then proceeding to sell them in the GTN.

I get credits pretty fast and I don't burn myself out because it just a short routine I do.

Edited by DEATHZDEALER

If possible, join a big conquest guild. Join several times over if you have the characters.

That way you can burn through content like dailies and weeklies with other guild mates really quickly.

but the best is that for making you personal conquest goal, you earn Solid resource Matrix materials, you also get multiples of these when your guild finishes in the top 10.

This way you can earn several per week, which are worth roughly 750K-1M each.

Also choose the encryptions as the conquest reward. Each of these are worth several 100Ks each.

If your guild can craft dark projects for conquest, some weeks these accumulate 35K points - so 70% of your personal conquest right off the bat.

All the other suggestions are also valid. Running heroics, PVP, GSF, planetary dailies and weeklies, gathering mats to sell, crafting stuff to sell are also good money spinners.

Buy CCs with IRL money. buy popular Cartel market stuff and when the bind timer expires, list it on the GTN.

Bottom line is, don't spend credits on anything unnecessary. - So travel and repairs is about all you need to fork out on. Most Solo and small group PVE is doable in sub-optimal gear. If you PVP then 8v8 regs is pretty forgiving even if your gear isn't min-maxed.

GL. - You should be able to farm 1M in a couple of hours carefully selected play - even if it's just getting to 50K conquest points by whatever means possible.

• 3 weeks later...
If you are willing to spend $40 in real money, it is incredibly easy to make millions. Buy 5400 cartel coins for $40. Buy one of the fancy/expensive lightsabers from the cartel market, sell it on the auction house. I low-balled an item the other day and made 40million.

Hi Varicko,

I was likewise startled at the sheer cost of endgame gear, especially given the incredibly rare drop rate of set-bonus gear from FP bosses (let alone the correct set for your endgame spec). However, as you continue to play and deconstruct your gear, as well as level up your renown through regular gameplay, you will find a steady stream of both credits and tech fragments streaming in.

I will also agree with other posters here that simply joining a guild and capping your conquest each week will yield you 6 Solid Resource Matrix and one Command Encryption, each of which can be sold for 300k to 600k credits depending on market conditions (do not sell on Tuesdays when everyone is posting their newly acquired materials! Wait until later in the week when supply dwindles!) for a total of anywhere between 2 million and 4 million credits per week. This is PER CHARACTER so you can imagine as you invest more time into multiple alts how quickly you can gain credits.

I also recommend spending the small number of tech frags and credits for a superior (purple) renown boost from the renown vendor (droid) in the second to the last stall in the supplies section of the fleet and always having this bonus active - for every renown level you gain you receive 100 tech frags and they add up quickly.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I used all the tips here in this thread naturally. I don't find them helpful. I keep being blank having to pay a lot for crafting itself - which BTW WAS N'T USEFUL up 75 COUNTING (I got 650/675/600 - and not ONE single piece did help me in the game, and it probably cost several 10s of millions of credits if not 100s).

Last time I could NOT even repair my armor, result was wiping consistently and everyone wondered why we did - and kept thinking we missed a mechanic on the boss, lul. (I didn't know about the armor being on 0%, because another great "feature" is to not show that your armory is broken. (just found it next day I played when I checked my gear, yay what a fail)).

The best thing is there is NO way to farm the sets. All FPs even Master have the same loot and always trash. Yes I know about the conquest reward, but that's 1x a week, duh!

Not to forget those horrid prices in the GHM for modding, which is just impossible for new players. And since EA doesn't really support group content, alot of players in the game don't even feel to chat (I tried for many months now to chat properly, which means there is not much fun anymore)

The problem is not tech-fragments but Credits! I keep hitting 10k Tech but not having credits. I thought at 75 it's about buying Legacy upgrades, buff-potions and perhaps some things from the auction, but no, for the sets and crafting you need it all, with very poor return.

So yea, some ACTUAL tips would be helpful. Running FPs isn't netting as much credits and also highly depends on your group and actually finding a group... which sometimes takes hours because EA made everyone join veteran instead of having an incentive for OP or Master FP. so Please:

- Which other thigns can you do? That net MORE credits?

- What can you do while waiting for an FP? That doesn't completely reset your progress in what you were doing.

Edited by HottesIce

Hi,

I used all the tips here in this thread naturally. I don't find them helpful. I keep being blank having to pay a lot for crafting itself - which BTW WAS N'T USEFUL up 75 COUNTING (I got 650/675/600 - and not ONE single piece did help me in the game, and it probably cost several 10s of millions of credits if not 100s).

Last time I could NOT even repair my armor, result was wiping consistently and everyone wondered why we did - and kept thinking we missed a mechanic on the boss, lul. (I didn't know about the armor being on 0%, because another great "feature" is to not show that your armory is broken. (just found it next day I played when I checked my gear, yay what a fail)).

The best thing is there is NO way to farm the sets. All FPs even Master have the same loot and always trash. Yes I know about the conquest reward, but that's 1x a week, duh!

Not to forget those horrid prices in the GHM for modding, which is just impossible for new players. And since EA doesn't really support group content, alot of players in the game don't even feel to chat (I tried for many months now to chat properly, which means there is not much fun anymore)

The problem is not tech-fragments but Credits! I keep hitting 10k Tech but not having credits. I thought at 75 it's about buying Legacy upgrades, buff-potions and perhaps some things from the auction, but no, for the sets and crafting you need it all, with very poor return.

So yea, some ACTUAL tips would be helpful. Running FPs isn't netting as much credits and also highly depends on your group and actually finding a group... which sometimes takes hours because EA made everyone join veteran instead of having an incentive for OP or Master FP. so Please:

- Which other thigns can you do? That net MORE credits?

- What can you do while waiting for an FP? That doesn't completely reset your progress in what you were doing.

Solid resource matrixes use to be worth 1-1.8 mill, give or take, at the beginning of 6.0. They've taken quite a dip since then but there are legendary embers you can get from deconstructing 306 drops and those are worth 500k+ each. Having multiple toons in big guilds will get you a large number of solid resource matrixes which aren't nearly worth as much as they use to be but they are still worth farming if you can grind a few toons to 50k cq points.

Heroics will get you some quick credits too, roughly 100 - 250k for every 5 or so. They're totally worth doing if you have multiple toons.

Gathering end game nodes for archeology, scavenging and slicing can get you some good credits too. And like the other ways mentioned, the more toons you run, the more you gain.

But the only real fast or somewhat fast way to make credits is to sell stuff from the cartel market. And if you don't want to do that regularly you can do it once and get yourself a decent amount of credits then do the buy-resell thing. Once you learn the market that will probly be the best and fastest way to make credits.

@JYthelifesaver Thanks I read it back then. Well here it was as low as 14k per piece, people selling it in chunks of 10 or 100+.

- - -Some Update after tons of researching, talking with the right people, and playing the last weeks - let me write a good summary here :)

As the title says, I'm overwhelmed by how many credits I need to just access my gear sets from the fleet in the Supplies Section, individual pieces costing 1,000,000 on top of a paltry amount of the Tech parts or whatever the currency is called.

I'm a new player (returning, after doing class storys in vanilla.) I don't have anything of value, how do I go about earning 10s of millions of credits? Hundreds of millions? The GTN seems to reflect that all of you are billionaires?

Thanks ahead of time, hope this isn't too mundane of a confusion.

G'day there. It is true. And I struggle(d) tha same.

My best short tip is: Don't worry too much about it and play the content you want, you'll get tons of stuff on the fly. Sell what you don't need, or disintegrate it if you have more credits than Tech-Frags.

Of course I have tons of tips and summaries for anything you want to know in Detail below...

Because despite what you think and you lacking the perfect gear. you are fine with ordinary 306 gear, and slowly improving it for most content such as Story OP, Veteran and Master FP. Which are all ought to be possible from 270 up! If you play your class correctly.

Of course everything goes smoother as you get your first set boni (2,4,6) and more augments. By the way the best tip is: Save your money for the RIGHT things that you really need: The correct Set, for the correct Augment. There are tons of gearing guides ( I raed 3). Before that:

...Here are two more personal tips:

- In General buying Endgame gear from Vendors is just to fill gaps and certain pieces you miss. It's not supposed to be all bought!

- Keep in mind the many auto-loots such as Valor Chests and Conquest Chests, netting you every gear you will ever need over time. So theoretically you don't need one single credit.

- If you wanted you could Boost (one time premium feature)/Buy a boost to get your same class to level 70, for 2x Conquest Chests... As all endgame gear is legacy-bound it's as good as your very other character. (transfer stuff over once you are done Conquest with your other char)

...Here is the from my finds best SUMMARIES for your "issue", if you want to know more:

How to gear up at level 75, and how to do it efficiently , AKA earning the right stuff and saving Credits

- this includes doing certain quests, and content for the stuff you search... (my other 2 guides are in other language)

--edit-- removed this link because I found this site is really negative and dont want to advertise it

- this includes more indepth and personal tips on how to build up a good game

This should really cover everything. Please mind you, you didn't give any details on yourself in the first post for direct feedback.

- Please look at the game being supposed that way: It's supposed to be a gearing journey: Finding stuff over weeks in conquest chests, valor, reknown, random drops, some Story OPs already.

- So NOT HAVING everything immediately is the point of the game.. AKA not getting bored and play an other game. Which is the point of almost each Gearing-RPG.

- Also note: Fom 15. Sept (today) you get 2x Valor Exp which will make gearing "even easier". (because quite frankly when you look on the big picture it's quite a self-going process, any solo player will achieve it, just over time, (except for the one OP-only set))

Have fun :)

Edited by HottesIce