[Archaeology] what happened to the grade missions for solid color crystals?

Savyl

Is this a bug or what? First I noticed there was only 1 mission for grade 4 color Crystal.. But then I noticed it is the same for all the levels. Why are the color Crystal missions missing? There seems to only be 1 mission per level. Help anyone please. Thanks.

This happened as part of patch 4.1 "mission balancing" This is intended, not broken

Archaeology Mission Changes

• Mostly two Moderate, Abundant, Bountiful, and Rich Missions per Grade.
  • One vendor Material Mission per Grade.
  • One Color Crystal Mission per Grade.

Edited by psandak

I could live with the fact that only one Colour Crystal mission exists in the list more easily, if the returns from that single mission were not so dang low!

It's turned getting a good supply of Colour Crystals into a real pain in the rear.

:confused:

I could live with the fact that only one Colour Crystal mission exists in the list more easily, if the returns from that single mission were not so dang low!

It's turned getting a good supply of Colour Crystals into a real pain in the rear.

:confused:

I guess if you only have one archaeologist feeding your artifice, it could be a problem. However, I have stated for quite some time that one needs at least 1.5 characters with a given gathering or mission skill to properly feed a specific crafting skill.

That being said, with a decent set of companions (six rank 20+), the mission times are short enough that one can cycle through the missions rather quickly. As I use color crystals from all grades - but mostly grades 1 through 6 - I will simply dedicate some crew skills time (usually 30 minutes to an hour...while I am playing) to running nothing but grades 1 through 6 color crystals missions. And especially grades 1 through 4, the missions complete so quickly that I can run a LOT of them in that short time.

Lastly, I have found that the gathering node decorations are good sources of color crystals. Because one can choose which color and which grade to gather. Doing so generates 5 or 6 color crystals per attempt (not to mention 4-6 power crystals and 4-6 artifact fragments). Granted they will lock out for 3 hours at random, but if one gather them proactively (not waiting until supply is gone), the lockouts have little impact. So for example I know that I use a lot of green grade 4 color crystals so whenever I login I go to that decoration and gather.

Also: i don't know if you've noticed, but before there was mostly regular crystals and artifact out in the game world, and just a few colour crystal nodes. Now, it's almost the opposite. There still seems to be more colour crystal nodes, but other nodes still show up regularly. It's much easier to get colour crystals from actual gathering, now.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the comments. This game is less enjoyable for me since they reduced color Crystal missions to ONLY 1. I don't see the point in that other than let's destroy the ingame economy and force people to buy dyes from the store. I'm so upset by taking the missions. The one mission is not even a Rich mission. It's only moderate. ANGRY! :(

Thanks for all the comments. This game is less enjoyable for me since they reduced color Crystal missions to ONLY 1. I don't see the point in that other than let's destroy the ingame economy and force people to buy dyes from the store. I'm so upset by taking the missions. The one mission is not even a Rich mission. It's only moderate. ANGRY! :(

Go farm instead? color crystal nodes give artifacts and the other crystal now, too.

Go farm instead? color crystal nodes give artifacts and the other crystal now, too.

This, and I use SH decorations. Yes there is a 3 hour random lockout, but I can pick and choose which color crystals I want to gather.

I would but don't really have time these days. I just barely log in, check a few things and usually would do some missions and log out. Now that option is no longer available. It was nice to have those missions for the casual player like me.

• 6 months later...