Going from WoW to this.

Kriegerstein

Hi!

I played WoW myself and spent a great deal PvPing there. I personally like the flavour of SWTOR pvp more and I had more fun here than there, but its mostly because I somehow enjoy the lightsaber/blaster combat more than the old fantasy theme. Also I tend to like 8v8 wz (thats equal to bgs in wow). Probably the biggest advantage pvpers have in swtor is that you can play and level in wzs instead or while you are questing, I always liked that side of swtor, because this lessens the heavy leveling grind for a pvper. Arenas are nothing extraordinary, its 4v4 deathmatch, there used to be an 8v8 version but for queue isssues it was put aside (maybe with megaservers coming next year it will come back). There are some balance issues regarding class powerlevel and viability in arena, but all in all I enjoy SWTOR pvp more than WoW.

Hardcore PvP (ranked) is, sadly, only arenas. Unfortunately this game is NOT balanced around 4x4 deathmatches - some classes easily dominate arenas while others are dead weight.

Blizz spent 10 years balancing PvP, it's really damn hard to find a more balanced game than WOW.

So don't hold your breath.

There was a thread below where people discussed servers regarding pvp, i suggest you to read it. The pvp brackets atm look like: 10-29, 30-59 and 60. There is a bolster mechanism that buffs everyone's stats so all the people in the bracket can compete. The problem nowadays is that in the 30-59 bracket the bolster doesnt work as intended and 55+ characters end up with better stats in addition to access to more skills which comes with the level advantage. Hopefully by the time you get into that bracket they fix it, we will see. I also have many toons parked at lvl 30 because the mid bracket is a disaster right now, but 10-29 is fun and 60 also. Edited by Pantokratorx

The problem nowadays is that in the 30-59 bracket the bolster doesnt work as intended and 55+ characters end up with better stats in addition to access to more skills which comes with the level advantage.

And the old PvP set bonuses (which are now unobtainable)

On a sidenote. Do not judge PvP here based on the lowbie brackets. Go to 60 asap and play with fully geared people, who know what they are doing.

Heard many people talking, who know WoW PvP as much as this... it is different, yet similar on some parts and all in all not really worse or better. Solorated is useless, as it lacks proper matchmaking and some classes just dominate, but random objective based WZs can be fun, if the team plays the objectives and arena team rated has yet to see what class is really unbearable or which one a must have.

On a sidenote. Do not judge PvP here based on the lowbie brackets. Go to 60 asap and play with fully geared people, who know what they are doing.

Heard many people talking, who know WoW PvP as much as this... it is different, yet similar on some parts and all in all not really worse or better. Solorated is useless, as it lacks proper matchmaking and some classes just dominate, but random objective based WZs can be fun, if the team plays the objectives and arena team rated has yet to see what class is really unbearable or which one a must have.

I would second this opinion