Devs; please, please, PLEASE! With a cherry on top!

Technohic

Whatever it takes; normalize bolster.

Since you won't put minimum requirements in for gear; at least make sure everyone is no less than 2000 expertise and those that need to have bolster to reach that, just reduce/set their stats to that 5% below tier 1 PvP gear.

Help those who want to jump in and try PvP for the frst time, or just with their PvE gear for conquest stuff or whatever their reason, while helping those who have to try to carry them.

Lighten our load devs. PLEASE!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that you will have to run L50 dailies if you want to gear up for PvP while doing dailies and earning mats/creds for augmenting at the same time. I wish that at least the levelling 172s was not butchered in L60 bracket. As of now I guess, you have to put 162 on, and quietly crawl around Rishi or something, hoping your 3-6 pops go fast and you can swap back to the levelling gear. I haven't tried 162's yet, but in 172's I was... underwhelming. Edited by DomiSotto

Whatever it takes; normalize bolster.

Since you won't put minimum requirements in for gear; at least make sure everyone is no less than 2000 expertise and those that need to have bolster to reach that, just reduce/set their stats to that 5% below tier 1 PvP gear.

Help those who want to jump in and try PvP for the frst time, or just with their PvE gear for conquest stuff or whatever their reason, while helping those who have to try to carry them.

Lighten our load devs. PLEASE!

Yeah sure! I concur! And then they can bolsterize end game PVE content so i can come on my PVP gear and steal YOUR thunder! How does that sound?

Yeah sure! I concur! And then they can bolsterize end game PVE content so i can come on my PVP gear and steal YOUR thunder! How does that sound?

Not sure what you are talking about. bolster is already here and it winds up doing more harm than good to those of us who Q and wind up with someone getting completely hosed by it.

There are plenty of threads in the past to wine about not wanting bolster at all. Feel free to beat that dead horse, but I would rather look at what we have now and improve on that.

From another thread where Bolster and Expertise are confusing and hosing people:

More imbalance and confusion with bolster and expertise...

Though I usually don't ride the hate train for BW (I've noticed that it's become the cool thing for gamers to hate the makers of their hobbies), why won't they listen to the scores of viable suggestions for fixing it?

My favorite: get rid of expertise entirely. Use bolster in ALL PvP content to bring everyone up to the highest level gear. So right now, regardless of what you're wearing, you get bolstered to 198 gear levels. Slot empty? Bolstered to 198 levels. Then, gearing for PvP is about getting the stat balance you want (Accuracy vs Surge vs Alacrity; Power vs...Crit? lol).

WZ Comms could get you 186 purple gear (with armorings that have set bonuses!), while ranked comms could get you 192 gear.

This would open up PvE to PvPers more, as well as vice versa. To me, it's the best solution, but for some reason, someone at BW thinks that "gear grind" is an important aspect of PvP, and it's not.

You can grind out and get the PVP gear just like everyone else. Then, you don't have to worry about bolster. You are basically asking for a charity. PVE gear should not ever be equal to PVP gear in warzones. What fun is mmo without having to actually earn and work for something? Plus people who like to PVP a lot should be rewarded for that with something that benefits them in PVP. Might as well just ask if we can start skipping levels 1-59 too right?

You can grind out and get the PVP gear just like everyone else. Then, you don't have to worry about bolster. You are basically asking for a charity. PVE gear should not ever be equal to PVP gear in warzones. What fun is mmo without having to actually earn and work for something? Plus people who like to PVP a lot should be rewarded for that with something that benefits them in PVP. Might as well just ask if we can start skipping levels 1-59 too right?

Here's the thing, though: the ones often times asking for something to equalize gear in PvP are the veteran PvPers that already have the gear. They aren't looking for a shortcut for themselves. They're just looking for a more balanced play field where skill is the most important factor always, and where teammates aren't dead weight because of their gear (though if that's the case, chances are they'll still be dead weight because of their lack of PvP knowledge and skill).

Eh, another superficial post by someone who doesn't sound like they even PVP. OP's obviously not asking for charity, rather for other issues to be ironed out.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Here's the thing, though: the ones often times asking for something to equalize gear in PvP are the veteran PvPers that already have the gear. They aren't looking for a shortcut for themselves. They're just looking for a more balanced play field where skill is the most important factor always, and where teammates aren't dead weight because of their gear (though if that's the case, chances are they'll still be dead weight because of their lack of PvP knowledge and skill).

Thats pretty much it. You leave a little meat on the bone so we can still get our PvP gear, but I get tired of seeing the people come in with 1300 expertise. Whether they know what they are doing or not will not change the fact that they are there and would be less of a drag if they had normalized stats.

I know the argument is "well; you get to go against them as much as you have them on your team." Well that is false as you then are subject to RNG luck on who is on your team, and I would hazzard to guess that on some servers, you have more PvEers on one faction over the other.

Your arguments are nothing but misdirection. Nice try archer; everyone here is in full pvp gear already. Some of us even have full pve and full pvp gear on multiple toons so talking about who has what and how they got it isn't needed when we are talking about the problems with bolster. Hell, at this point, I dont care if they make grinding gear less important; I'm just tired of healing randy Bks with 1300 expertise.

What kills me is that not all players have all slots filled at level 30. Missing 2 relics is a big deal, the v ntinued oversight of PvP is non-existent at this point. You know I support you tech, but the suits aren't going to do spit to make PvP better. I decided I am going to focus on profiteering until server merges happen cause PoT5 is a *********** mess right now..

don't fool yourself, or let them fool you. those "veteran PVPers" are looking for shortcuts for the numerous alts they have.

Sooooo much wrong here. Where to begin?

1. PvP should never be about gear. Tech, I and others agree that gear shouldn't matter one iota. I don't care what content you prefer, everyone from a stat perspective should zone in and be at the same stat levels, period. In other words whether your a level 30 nooblet or a BiS NiM raider, no stat advantage is given.

2. Tech has been here since the BM bag days just like me and Joesixx(sexy chocolate). We have seen why PvP has died and it's players s such as yourself that have little idea how to balance a game. Guess what? PvP gear UNBALANCES the game. It ALWAYS has. We have had zero problems getting gear, because it only requires time, but, and it's a big but(and I can not lie), everyone doesn't have the same amount of time to dedicate. That's a problem.

3. Due to the above, people get stomped and stop playing, and it's not just about the nooblets.Vets like myself and Tech are so fed up, we don't queue either. Queues start to dry up. People complain. Does any of that ring a bell?

4. This "gearing is a cornerstone of MMO" is not applicable to PvP.Contrary to popular belief MMO/=PvP. If you have a game and want PvP, there has to be some semblance of a level playing field so skill, knowledge, and experience can be judged. Successful PvP is an esport, this game is far, far from it(Manti Teo).

Edited by L-RANDLE

Sooooo much wrong here. Where to begin?

1. PvP should never be about gear. Tech, I and others agree that gear shouldn't matter one iota. I don't care what content you prefer, everyone from a stat perspective should zone in and be at the same stat levels, period. In other words whether your a level 30 nooblet or a BiS NiM raider, no stat advantage is given.

2. Tech has been here since the BM bag days just like me and Joesixx(sexy chocolate). We have seen why PvP has died and it's players s such as yourself that have little idea how to balance a game. Guess what? PvP gear UNBALANCES the game. It ALWAYS has. We have had zero problems getting gear, because it only requires time, but, and it's a big but(and I can not lie), everyone doesn't have the same amount of time to dedicate. That's a problem.

3. Due to the above, people get stomped and stop playing, and it's not just about the nooblets.Vets like myself and Tech are so fed up, we don't queue either. Queues start to dry up. People complain. Does any of that ring a bell?

4. This "gearing is a cornerstone of MMO" is not applicable to PvP.Contrary to popular belief MMO/=PvP. If you have a game and want PvP, there has to be some semblance of a level playing field so skill, knowledge, and experience can be judged. Successful PvP is an esport, this game is far, far from it(Manti Teo).

Someone should print this and tape it to every devs monitor until they wake up!

So it's a bad thing if I had a healer alt available, when no one in Que is heals? Tank?

Yet again....

/gohomeurdrunk

didn't say if it was good or bad, just that is what its about. people want to do away with gear for selfish reason, not because it would make PVP better and certainly not because they want to help PVEers do better in PVP.

you don't need top tier PVP gear to do well in PVP. first tier is good enough for your alts and doesn't take long at all to get a full set of that. stop being so lazy.

didn't say if it was good or bad, just that is what its about. people want to do away with gear for selfish reason, not because it would make PVP better and certainly not because they want to help PVEers do better in PVP.

you don't need top tier PVP gear to do well in PVP. first tier is good enough for your alts and doesn't take long at all to get a full set of that. stop being so lazy.

Gear has a substantial impact on pvp performance in this game. To deny that means you either don't pay enough attnetion, or don't pvp that much. It's a terrible design and getting rid of pvp gear has nothing to do with selfishness. It's about making skill the prime component to pvp instead of who can grind faster.

unfair obviously, especially considering how now best pvp isn't enough to run even SM OPS.

just use green 168 set gave at start

Gear has a substantial impact on pvp performance in this game. To deny that means you either don't pay enough attnetion, or don't pvp that much. It's a terrible design and getting rid of pvp gear has nothing to do with selfishness. It's about making skill the prime component to pvp instead of who can grind faster.

the difference between first and second tier PVP gear isnt a big gap. a skilled player in first tier gear is still going to do better than an unskilled player in top tier gear.

it has everything to do with selfishness. as I said, its all about wanting to play numerous alts but not wanting to have to spend the time to get them all in min/maxed top tier gear. you can give someone new to PVP the best gear and they are still going to do badly. the more time they spend PVPing the better they will get.

MMOPRGs are about progression and earning things for your characters. people don't do dailies every day because they love doing the same things over and over. they do them to get comms and credits to improve their characters. PVP isnt really different. more people do WZs at the beginning of a new gear set cycle than at the end of a gear set cycle. why? because of the progression.