Relationship between Revan and the Emperor

FeniceNera

Hi guys,

I have some perplexity about the logic flow of the events involving Revan and the Emperor:

1) Revan got captured, Emperor ravages his mind ->

2) Revan convinces the Emperor that peace is in his best interests ->

3) Few centuries of peace ->

4) Empire comes back (Return trailer) ->

5) War

6) Peace (Emperor works behind the scene to start the ritual)

7) War again

I have some perplexity about the transitions 4) , 5) and 6): why the Emperor starts the war (I guess because Revan's influence on him is fading) and then stops it with the treaty? :rak_02:

Hi guys,

I have some perplexity about the logic flow of the events involving Revan and the Emperor:

1) Revan got captured, Emperor ravages his mind ->

2) Revan convinces the Emperor that peace is in his best interests ->

3) Few centuries of peace ->

4) Empire comes back (Return trailer) ->

5) War

6) Peace (Emperor works behind the scene to start the ritual)

7) War again

I have some perplexity about the transitions 4) , 5) and 6): why the Emperor starts the war (I guess because Revan's influence on him is fading) and then stops it with the treaty? :rak_02:

If I remember correctly, your timeline is a bit askew. Revan convinces the Emperor that peace is best AFTER the initial war. That's what the Treaty of Coruscant was about. It may have been in the Empires favor but it was still peace so that the Republic wouldn't lose right away.

If I remember correctly, your timeline is a bit askew. Revan convinces the Emperor that peace is best AFTER the initial war. That's what the Treaty of Coruscant was about. It may have been in the Empires favor but it was still peace so that the Republic wouldn't lose right away.

That's what I thought too... but then I can't explain why the Emperor has been quiet before the war (I'm no lore expert, so maybe there is something basic I'm missing)

Basically the Emperor had always planned on conquering the Republic, and Revan was never going to be able to influence him to the point of not invading, but what Revan was able to do was keep whispering in his mind something along the lines of "the time's not right yet, keep building up first, keep sending spies first" - getting the Emperor to delay and postpone his invasion time and again.

While the Empire did grow stronger during those 300 years, Revan's influence on the Emperor also gave the Republic time to rebuild after the Jedi Civil War and Dark Wars, to the point that they stood a fighting chance. If not for Revan, the Emperor may have launched his attack centuries earlier and won the war outright.

But Revan's influence was only able to delay the Emperor for so long (although again, that "so long" was probably measured in centuries), and the Empire did eventually launch the attack they'd been preparing for over a thousand years.

Towards the end of the War, Revan was again able to exert some influence - planting the idea that the best way to ultimately win would be to agree to a Truce that would give the Empire time to consolidate and recover, so that they could eventually finish off the Republic. In fact, the Republic probably would have lost if the Empire had pressed the attack - but Revan was able to get the Emperor to believe that victory would be more certain if he waited. Again, this bought the Republic time to recover as well.

Throughout, Revan was never able to exert enough influence to get the Emperor to abandon his plans to conquer the Republic, but whenever possible he was able to plant enough seeds of doubt to make the Emperor overly cautious - resulting in both a long delay before the original invasion and arranging a Truce instead of fighting on during the Galactic War.

Edited by DarthDymond

Truth be told...

The Emperor was never that interested in conquering the Republic but rather to create enough chaos, havoc, death and destruction in order to fuel his galaxy-wide ritual to consume all life and become all knowing and all powerful with...

:D

• 3 weeks later...
Truth be told...

The Emperor was never that interested in conquering the Republic but rather to create enough chaos, havoc, death and destruction in order to fuel his galaxy-wide ritual to consume all life and become all knowing and all powerful with...

:D

If this was the case, then he could have invaded republic space long ago.

Also, spoilers inside a spoiler forum :rak_09:

If this was the case, then he could have invaded republic space long ago.

Also, spoilers inside a spoiler forum :rak_09:

Not really, since as Master Gnost-Dural points out...

The Empire was apparently STILL building it's armada to invade the Republic, following the whole Star Forge debacle.

What I'd really like to know is how the order rebuilt itself in the aftermath of the sith triumverate. There was no council, most if not all the masters were dead. What few jedi didn't join Revan's nouveau 'sith' had hung up their lightsabers with the exception to the Exile's companions. I'm thinking Atton Rand and Bao Dur did a LOT of recruiting, lol. And who the heck taught them? Not Atris, that's for sure. Even if she lived in canon, that would be entirely inappropriate. ;) How ironic if it was Jolee Bindo, lol. Edited by errant_knight