Black Talon....crash?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope they fix what ever is causing the game to crash after I do the Black Talon mission...:mad:

Bad news: It's a client crash in a game that's been out for a year and 2 months.

Good news: When you log back in, you still receive full credit and the quest completion window is waiting for you on either Dromund Kaas or Fleet.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm wondering, and this is by no means an insult to the OP or anyone else having this problem it's definitely not meant to be. I just don't know and am wondering if somebody can give me the run down on why this crash problem isn't a computer specific problem but a swtor game specific problem. In my experiences I've only had a crash to desktop situation happen 2wice from launch until now. When I read these types of posts I tend to believe it's the user's computer and not he game itself. Can someone explain the difference to me since I don't understand? Edited by Shwarzchild

Hope they fix what ever is causing the game to crash after I do the Black Talon mission...:mad:

Players have been complaining about this for a long time now. They haven't acknowledge these complaints, ever. Players are tired of complaining, myself included. It's a waste of time sending in tickets and complaints.

Forget it. It's a lost cause.

Edited by RikHar

Players have been complaining about this for a long time now. They haven't acknowledge these complaints, ever. Players are tired of complaining, myself included. It's a waste of time sending in tickets and complaints.

Are you sure it's not your computer?

Im guessing this crash happens after the mission is over and you click the console that takes you back to the fleet or to dromund kaas?

If so, you can avoid crashing by alt tab'ing out during that cut scene after the choice is made for where the ship will go

on the contrary..bioware HAS acknowledged the complaints. Several times actually. And they've suggested to players what they can do until there is an actual fix..

to the OP, what people are suggesting here is correct. During and of the "hyperspace" animation parts of Black Talon (and i've found sometimes on the opening scene of Foundry) you simply alt-tab out of the game for about 15-seconds or so to make sure the animation is over, then pull the game back up and you're good to go.

is this what we WANT to do as a quick fix in place of a REAL fix?

No.

but it works for now.

Edited by Xaldynn

Hello!

I wanted to jump in here and let you know that Eric has confirmed that we made some improvements to crashing issues in the latest patch, but we are aware that this issue may still occur and we are actively working on fixing this.

Hope this helps! Thanks!

Crash occurs when the ship travels and the planet is supposed to appear outside the ship, it is the same with the republic equivalent of the black talon instance.

Fix it, dear devs, it's probably one of the most popular dungeons, considering it's the very first one.

Same problem exists in the Foundry (Empire) mission, right at the start when the ship travels to the Foundry. It's on the Known Issues list for ages. It would be nice to see it fixed though, currently everyone is dreading getting the Foundry through random group finder rotation ;)

For an old bug try and old work around. Before where you normally DC...I am assuming that you DC after selecting the option to return to space station or DK....Ensure that you are in Windowed mode, select your option and immediately Alt-Tab to windows screen. Wait til you hear the jump to light speed end, you will hear your rewards drop...then Alt-tab back to SWTOR you should be on a load screen...Hope this helps.

Definitely not a computer problem. Worked fine months ago until a certain patch and then the crashes started occurring. Also happens on different CPU's. My computer is new and a complete monster. Built it myself. More than enough to run this game and better than 99.9% of computers out there. This bug is far worse for Republic/Esseles, though. When you get DC'd there, you do NOT get credit as the quest does not complete right after. Even still, really annoying bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Hello!

I wanted to jump in here and let you know that Eric has confirmed that we made some improvements to crashing issues in the latest patch, but we are aware that this issue may still occur and we are actively working on fixing this.

Hope this helps! Thanks!

It's been "may occur" for almost the entire game's life.

Thank you for trying to fix it though.

I think its a video card driver issue. I had never had a crash issue with the black talon mission until the last couple of weeks. Now it crashes every time. In fact I have never had a crash to desktop in this game until recently. Now that I think about it...... my galactic map is not blacked out anymore while on my ship, so it may be an in game setting that was changed after the last patch that has to do with graphics. I have 2 6950's in crossfire, so its not a lack of processing power.

Yeah kind of disappointing that this has been happening for months now on black talon and esseles. I remember not having these problems with the game. I have to wonder why the gameplay is getting worse instead of staying the same or getting better. You still get knocked through the floor on esseles by the tractor beam console. This glitch has been in the game for over a year now. I remember falling through the floor in February of 2012.

The black talon crash was still affecting me as of last night.

My workaround is:

windowed mode (full)

shadows off

with these settings I can complete the one conversation point (the warp point) that causes the crash.

I got'a try this.. 'cause turning off bloom doesn't work for me. Shadows I could care less about.. but bloom makes it look so much better.

Bad news: It's a client crash in a game that's been out for a year and 2 months.

Good news: When you log back in, you still receive full credit and the quest completion window is waiting for you on either Dromund Kaas or Fleet.

Not when it crashes for me, anyway, i have to play in full fullscreen and ALT-TAB into windows while the scene plays out, so it doesn't crash.

Bioware need to fix this, the lack of it being fixed just shows how lazy they are.

• 3 weeks later...
Are you sure it's not your computer?

Absolutely. This began after 1.2 and I know in my case the came cuts out at the end of Black Talon and Esseles but no other Flashpoint, all the way up to the end game level 50's. But even to this day both of those still "crash" at the end scene. In a group it's not so bad, you log back in and complete the mission. But it keeps you from ever running them alone.

on the contrary..bioware HAS acknowledged the complaints. Several times actually. And they've suggested to players what they can do until there is an actual fix..

to the OP, what people are suggesting here is correct. During and of the "hyperspace" animation parts of Black Talon (and i've found sometimes on the opening scene of Foundry) you simply alt-tab out of the game for about 15-seconds or so to make sure the animation is over, then pull the game back up and you're good to go.

is this what we WANT to do as a quick fix in place of a REAL fix?

No.

but it works for now.

Thanks for this. I exited talon about 10 times and this was a good workaround. Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
It's something with that jump sequence - Foundry has same bug during first conversation. Alt-tab sometimes works, sometimes don't. And yeah... it could really be fixed, because it's the first flashpoint that new people see. If they crash during it, they might be turned away from the game.