TFB Secret Zone

And now we get another mystery, what does the orb do? What is within its power? I wonder if we should make a new thread for the orb XD

Awesome job for the developers to put something like this in, and having to wait until before 1.7 for someone to solve it.

The orb turns you into what looks like a hypergate anomaly for 15 seconds.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In TFB hardmode, for the terror fight, phase 1, there is the little circle that appears next to the tentacle before the portal appears to suck someone in. What if the person with the orb stood on that circle and uses it (maybe with all other players going into the created anomaly)? Edited by Killandros
Typo

I had to leave at 10% until the boss went down. Other then the orb what else does it drop and does Dreadtooth give you a title for killing him at 10 stacks?

Dread Tooth 10 stack gave us the title of The Resurgent

Dread entity kill gave us teh title of Dread Slayer

Dread Entity single piece of loot was the dreadful orb - we experimented briefly with what it could do and could not figure it out, yet.

BTW These are the current carnage theories on the dreadful orb:

1.After killing the TFB (final boss) - the corpse where you loot looks exactly like the dread entity - the buff from the dreadful orb looks like an anomaly - so we would like to try casting the dreadful orb on the corpse of the TFB.

2.We tried casting the dreadful orb on DreadTooth - but we think that casting it on the tank that engages DreadTooth might do something difference.

3.We did not try casting dreadful orb on DreadTooth after buffing him to 10 stack (we tried on 1 stack).

4.We would like to try casting the dreadful orb on the other world boss in Belsavis.

These are our current best theories however, I'd like to note this for anyone looking for an answer:

Dreadful orb can be casted on anyone - friend or foe. It could be some weird power up device. It is a Gree technology, most likely - so I would look for clues around the Gree (and not EC). Because it can be casted on friend or foe, we feel like it is not location specific, necessarily, but more likely target specific for its given function.

Also ... as far as we know there aren't any outstanding titles to be had ... you'd think there would be if there were another secret boss out there. I will be sure to keep everyone updated as we learn more and try new things (especially within these theories). Definitely look forward to everyone's suggestions!

This is the effect details for the orb from torhead.

Effect Subeffect Type Text

0 1 condition IsInCombat: Negated=>1, Actor=>Target

0 1 condition HasEffect: FromActor=>None, Negated=>1, Actor=>Caster, Count=>1

1 1 action CallEffect: FromActor=>Caster, EffectNumber=>2

1 1 action PlayAppearance: DependentOnCallingEffect=>1, AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superboss.itm_orb_toss

2 0 init SetDuration: MaxDuration=>15000, Duration=>15000, Toughness=>3

2 0 init SetStackLimit: MaxStackCount=>1

2 0 init SetHidden: IsHidden=>1

2 0 condition IfCalledByEffect

2 1 action PlayAppearance: AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superboss.itm_orb_persist

Awesome job on both the Dreadtooth 10 stack kill and the Dreadful Entity! Thank you for sharing through the live-stream.

Perhaps the orb allows one of you to interact with the panels in the rooms with the Data Cores leading to tfbs 3rd boss? Worth trying when you next go in.

Immediately following the Dreadful Entity and Dread tooth kills I did a guild interview with Carnage Gaming highlighting the mechanics of the fight and giving the entire thing a full analysis.

Highlighted here:

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jediconsular/c/1901404

and/or

YouTube: http://youtu.be/Nnvxh-ziP-Q

Thanks Carnage Gaming and congratulations!

Edited by Mindsting

1 1 action PlayAppearance: DependentOnCallingEffect=>1, AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superboss.itm_orb_toss

2 1 action PlayAppearance: AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superboss.itm_orb_persist

Sounds like you can use it on Dreadtooth and it does something to him.

Reading this I conclude, the belsavis superboss is the Dreadful Entity, the animation that displays when you activate the orb is a smaller version of the Dreadful Entity. So the code loads the Dreadful Entity and overlays it onto the targeted player. Also the "PlayAppearance" hints at my theory that it plays the animation of the Dreadful Entity, which it does on the targeted player. Also "MaxDuration" is a time frame, does the "Orb" animation last 15 seconds aka 15000 milliseconds. As a code writer, we write time in milliseconds.

Think of it as a Czerka Crate-o-matic.

Edited by itsmymillertime

First off total studs, congrats on solving it.

Totally agree on these theories. Seems like Dreadooth would be the Belsavis Superboss, so look forward to hearing what you guys find on that.

BTW These are the current carnage theories on the dreadful orb:

1.After killing the TFB (final boss) - the corpse where you loot looks exactly like the dread entity - the buff from the dreadful orb looks like an anomaly - so we would like to try casting the dreadful orb on the corpse of the TFB.

2.We tried casting the dreadful orb on DreadTooth - but we think that casting it on the tank that engages DreadTooth might do something difference.

3.We did not try casting dreadful orb on DreadTooth after buffing him to 10 stack (we tried on 1 stack).

4.We would like to try casting the dreadful orb on the other world boss in Belsavis.

These are our current best theories however, I'd like to note this for anyone looking for an answer:

Dreadful orb can be casted on anyone - friend or foe. It could be some weird power up device. It is a Gree technology, most likely - so I would look for clues around the Gree (and not EC). Because it can be casted on friend or foe, we feel like it is not location specific, necessarily, but more likely target specific for its given function.

Also ... as far as we know there aren't any outstanding titles to be had ... you'd think there would be if there were another secret boss out there. I will be sure to keep everyone updated as we learn more and try new things (especially within these theories). Definitely look forward to everyone's suggestions!

Kinda surprised there's not been a developer comment on this achievement. It was really cool watching last night and I'd like to thank Carnage Gaming for streaming it for all of us to enjoy. I think at peak it reached almost 700 viewers! A sign this game isn't as dead as some people think :D

Agree, this was really exciting. You have my guild re-energized about Dreadtooth.

Kinda surprised there's not been a developer comment on this achievement. It was really cool watching last night and I'd like to thank Carnage Gaming for streaming it for all of us to enjoy. I think at peak it reached almost 700 viewers! A sign this game isn't as dead as some people think :D

grats on the 10 stack kill and the entity kill and titles...one problem I have with the way bioware has this set up...it takes 24 to down dreadtooth to get the amulet, but then you have to boot 8 people from the group that just helped you do that awesome feat in order to down entity in 16 man. It just seems like poor design by bioware to screw 8 people out of their entity kill.

grats on the 10 stack kill and the entity kill and titles...one problem I have with the way bioware has this set up...it takes 24 to down dreadtooth to get the amulet, but then you have to boot 8 people from the group that just helped you do that awesome feat in order to down entity in 16 man. It just seems like poor design by bioware to screw 8 people out of their entity kill.

I intend on killing the entity again just for those 8 people specifically.

I intend on killing the entity again just for those 8 people specifically.

The problem I have is that BW indicated that they didn't want 8m and 16m to provide different rewards. By forcing a 24 man group to take down a world boss and then a 16m group to take down a secret boss only available within the 16m version of the instance, any group that prefers to do 8m content is screwed out of both of those titles.

I see confirmation of this as a giant middle finger to 8m guilds.

Edited by Kitru

The problem I have is that BW indicated that they didn't want 8m and 16m to provide different rewards. By forcing a 24 man group to take down a world boss and then a 16m group to take down a secret boss only available within the 16m version of the instance, any group that prefers to do 8m content is screwed out of both of those titles.

I see confirmation of this as a giant middle finger to 8m guilds.

On the other end of the spectrum, 16 man raid groups are complaining that they aren't being given special rewards for their extra efforts on their harder content (not necessarily my opinion, but one I have seen).

I hadn't actually thought of that.:(

On the other end of the spectrum, 16 man raid groups are complaining that they aren't being given special rewards for their extra efforts on their harder content (not necessarily my opinion, but one I have seen).

The "special reward" is supposed to be a greater diffusion of risk (1 person screwing up isn't as big of a deal as it is in 8 man) coupled with a larger and, as such, more normalized loot table (doesn't mean much on the token bosses, but it has a substantial impact on ears, implants, non-set items for specific mods/enhs/etc). The problem also exists insofar as the difficulty of 16m v. 8m varies from one piece of content to the next: back at release, 16m was generally considered to be easier than 8m from my recollections (I swapped between a guild that did 16m and 8m). The "16m is hard enough to justify greater rewards" argument has only really been present with the advent of NiM EC.

I recall back when Nightmare Pilgrim was released there was a fair bit of agitation going about concerning a piece of content that was 16m exclusive, which is even more annoying when you consider that 16m uses a different role ratio than 8m so you can't even combine 2 8m groups to create a 16m group without a tank swapping to DPS (16m is generally 3 tanks, 4 heals, and 9 DPS; 8m is 2 tanks, 2 heals, 4 dps). When it's something as simple as a world boss alone, I don't mind (which is why I didn't mind the whole "Dreadtooth at 3+ stacks is a 16m boss because it was just an effective way of creating a single boss that worked for multiple group sizes), but when it's explicit benefits such as secret boss fights and unique titles, it starts getting into the realm of "if you're not in a 16m guild, you're screwed out of content because you don't like dealing with massive numbers of people". It's hard enough finding a decent group of 8 players that I don't mind socializing with; forcing me to get 16 people to get a title and see a boss fight is simply stating that 8m content is, by design, inferior to 16m.

I know it is a difficult concept to seize but let's try it slowly: R O T A T I O N.

What's the obstacle to 24 people from various guilds who banded together to do it again and rotate? In three weeks each member would do secret boss twice and even some guilds would step up this way to 16M ops for good.

It's the matter of succesful mindset to see opportunity where others see obstacles, that's why some will keep winning and some keep failing, easy as that.

Edited by BogyOne

I know it is a difficult concept to seize but let's try it slowly: R O T A T I O N.

What's the obstacle to 24 people from various guilds who banded together to do it again and rotate? In three weeks each member would do secret boss twice and even some guilds would step up this way to 16M ops for good.

It's the matter of succesful mindset to see opportunity where others see obstacles, that's why some will keep winning and some keep failing, easy as that.

They would still miss out of the excitement of the first kill. Not to knock rotating people, but it is quite a different experience being there for the first kill.

I'd like to point out that if the Dreadfull Orb is just a vanity item like the Czerka crate someone mentioned, it would very likely not have a 24 hour cooldown on it.

Great stuff Carnage, my guild went from passively debating about running 16 man content for variety as everything is on farm in 8 man, to over night setting up a 16 man raid.