Spirit of Vengeance (6.2 Flashpoint)

Is this new flashpoint critical to the story? Because if it isn't then I much rather skip it. It's near impossible to do a solo run of and I can't even queue a party together because the group queue menu seems to be targeted for operations and other flashpoints only.

Unless I'm missing something on the group queue menu, I don't see a means to make a custom queue so that I can get some help.

Edited by lucariastokka

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made it to (I think) the last boss. It's good to hear I'm not the only one struggling a bit. After dying on the last boss I logged out from sleepiness and frustration. Hell knows what will happen when I log in. 🙄

Perhaps getting some gifts for the companion might help. 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

I made it to (I think) the last boss. It's good to hear I'm not the only one struggling a bit. After dying on the last boss I logged out from sleepiness and frustration. Hell knows what will happen when I log in. 🙄

Rass is Influence-locked, as far as I know. The content's designed to be completed with him at low Influence.

What was killing you on the Heta fight?

... It's near impossible to do a solo run...

I would say very far from impossible. Dull as hell and lengthy, yes, with all the silver mobs that can't be avoided and take forever to kill and the first boss with an entire army's worth of hit points, but not especially difficult assuming the patience to keep grinding through it. Even though the companion for that fight doesn't have any influence he still seemed able to heal well-enough, although I concede he seemed to do slow slower than a normal comp. I don't think at any point I though any of the bosses might actually kill me, and just for the record I'm not exactly an especially-gifted player at all.

That all said I do think it needs looking at - I wouldn't try it again without a full group - takes far too long in story.

It is very poorly tuned for story mode. The 3rd and 4th boss were alright, but the 1st and 2nd were not.

I didn't have any problems, but I'm also in max gear with 286 augments and do decent dps. The extra hitpoints alone make everything simpler.

It's story mode though, you aren't supposed to need max gear, set bonuses, tacticals, augments or to be HM capable. Story mode is also supposed to be doable by every class and spec, which means heals and tanks should be able to run them with a dps companion ( a level 1 influence companion since you have to run with the temporary companion).

The Dev's made the fp live before they should have. It is not tuned properly (which they have aknowleged as a bug).

Unless you want to basically run a Vet flashpoint solo, then wait until they bring out the bug fixes to do the new flashpoint.

My first and probably the last run.

It's not hard, just way too boring. Every step, a pack of 6-8 silvers until my eyes hurts. I think I've killed more trash in this fp than in the whole vanilla story.

The bosses are a joke in SM compare to trash - the second boss, just ignore the adds and kill her in 15 sec.

If you're a tank or a healer, better stay away from this.

Nice try, Bioware.

Better luck next time.

Edited by bgstranger

This flashpoint is a real grind.... Trash mobs take too long to run through and there are a lot... plus i keep running into bugs that prevent me from moving forward... have done it on 3 characters and have had to reset the flashpoint to the beginning on 2 of them due to not being able to progress because a door didnt open properly or the cutscene did not send me to the next area as it was suppose too... with any luck bioware will provide a skip for this flashpoint so we can continue on with story content without having to do such a poorly done work that has no replay value past the 1st run

The second wave of adds. I dont know how to survive it...

my trick was to put my companion as passive for a short while and LOS the adds allowing them to stack up, I did the same for basically any trash pack and were able to easily pull 2-3 at a time, stack them up while hiding behind something and then just AoE them down. Given I was on a jugg so its easier for me but more or less every class has some spammable AoE they can use to quickly kill adds, for some it even temporarily stuns enemies which means even less damage taken.

I'm honestly glad that it seems I'm not the only one having issues here because I was heavily questioning if it was my gear or if I somehow was not in story mode. If it is just poorly tuned/bugged then I'm going to wait until they fix it.

The first boss I had a hell of a grind trying to kill and then the second boss I keep getting instant killed by an uppercut ability which I find very stupid. If I set my companion to tank then he ends up instant dying by the same skill.

I couldn't even log back in later to try forming a group because there's this other bug that puts the game in Quick Play Mode so then can't even access any of my characters because nothing is actually downloading.

I came here wondering if I triggered some awful bug to give me a 3 Million HP first boss in Story Mode but it seems like that's happening to everyone. As a tank, that fight took way too long and was just 6 minutes of mashing buttons and walking out of a red circle.

EDIT: Finally finished this after an hour and a half. This flashpoint needs some serious rethinking in the way it was designed, it just played like a gigantic grind with boss fights. Fortunately, the bosses after the first one had HP that was reasonable for story mode, but each group of mobs was like reaching a checkpoint down a long hallway, with each mob fight being repetitive as can be.

Edited by Sprigget

After logging back in, I had to restart from the beginning. 😥

But, I didn't have any major problems this time - played a bit better, LoS'ing, etc - and finished it. One down, a few more characters to go. 🙄

It's good to have something that is a bit of a 'solo' challenge where others can't make up for you, or vice versa.

Edited by JediQuaker

Unless I'm missing something on the group queue menu, I don't see a means to make a custom queue so that I can get some help.

The new flashpoint has been added to both the VM and MM lists in Group Finder. If you want to ensure you get SoV, just uncheck all the others.

What was killing you on the Heta fight?

The main thing that happened first time was that the companion died during the second wave of adds. Then I died shortly after.

This time I noted who the Comp was fighting and fought them too. Basically I concentrated on the group of adds down the steps and left the other two (forget their type) until afterwards. I don't know if it really mattered, but the comp didn't die. 😁

(And killing the medics asap, does seem to help.)

Edited by JediQuaker

First boss has too many life but the flashpoint is doable.

2sd boss : you have to kills adds first without hitting boss and kite him when he is alone (hit and run if you are melee).

264 ilvl secret agent DPS without improvment

Edited by LeoAugustina

I finished it twice now... well... it would have been three, but I escaped the dialogue before the last boss and got bugged (SIGH). Not going to bother again until it's fixed, too frustrating.

As people say, definitely not story difficulty level.

But what's up with the ****** loot? Out of 10 bosses, I got TWO rating 306 items. That's with ir 306 toons. Seriously? 90% of the stuff is purple. That's a total joke. I'm still looking for better mods/enhancements and all I'm getting are 296 IR drops... I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this. Heck, even when I was farming a Traitor Among the Chiss I was getting way more orange drops than this.

I finished it twice now... well... it would have been three, but I escaped the dialogue before the last boss and got bugged (SIGH). Not going to bother again until it's fixed, too frustrating.

As people say, definitely not story difficulty level.

But what's up with the ****** loot? Out of 10 bosses, I got TWO rating 306 items. That's with ir 306 toons. Seriously? 90% of the stuff is purple. That's a total joke. I'm still looking for better mods/enhancements and all I'm getting are 296 IR drops... I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this. Heck, even when I was farming a Traitor Among the Chiss I was getting way more orange drops than this.

Really, the items I picked up frustrated me a lot. None was used by my character .... nor does it look like I played with him again.

With my Sit Warrior I managed to get through all the bosses without much trouble, except the last one. That wave of soldiers always killed my companion and long after that I died. Now I went to try to finish it and to my surprise it went back to the beginning ... No chance of facing everything again, for the third time (since in one of the times, I pressed esc and I was unable to move on ...). I give up until there is some improvement ....

Edited by Lord_Arawn