lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

so my fully min maxed ewh marauder was just killed by a lvl 35 sin with 30k healh/assassinate for 7400 dmg...cant wait to see the lolacaust that lvl 55 pvp is going to be with the bolster changes. am getting 2 shot by everyone/2 shotting everyone i target. if anyone played the secret world, it feels like pvp in that game now. i really dont care how broken 10-54 is but im just guessing based on what ive seen so far that 55 is gonna be so broken now.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so my fully min maxed ewh marauder was just killed by a lvl 35 sin with 30k healh/assassinate for 7400 dmg...cant wait to see the lolacaust that lvl 55 pvp is going to be with the bolster changes. am getting 2 shot by everyone/2 shotting everyone i target. if anyone played the secret world, it feels like pvp in that game now. i really dont care how broken 10-54 is but im just guessing based on what ive seen so far that 55 is gonna be so broken now.

The whole point of bolster is to make it even for everybody.. What? Did you want to go back and bash on undergeared people and feel good about yourself?

Interesting seeing alot of blind/incompetent people thinking they're good in pvp when the game itself caters towards people with BiS gear against those with no gear.

Not saying you're blind or incompetent personally but seriously.. if you thought the pvp was fair to begin with.......

............... lol.

Edited by BatmanBinSuprman

The whole point of bolster is to make it even for everybody.. What? Did you want to go back and bash on undergeared people and feel good about yourself?

Interesting seeing alot of blind people thinking their good in pvp when the game itself caters towards people with BiS gear against those with no gear.

Actually people are just dying faster... and bolster doesn't seem like it works properly... Whatever, if this keeps up Not sure how long I will play this game, you can pvp naked and do better from what I am hearing than for the gear that you earned.

Interesting seeing alot of blind/incompetent people thinking they're good in pvp when the game itself caters towards people with BiS gear against those with no gear.

Not saying you're blind or incompetent personally but seriously.. if you thought the pvp was fair to begin with.......

............... lol.

Nobody cared about it being fair really, it was a gear grind and something for you to do to keep you busy. Now there is no point .. you go in you can 7k crit somebody easily (even naked btw)2 shot them, and then you get 2 shot and you are back out there again. IT isn't working and the devs are stupid if this is gonna keep people entertained.

What is the point of buying any augs or gearing your toon up in this game anymore if you can go in the warzone naked and raped people. There is nothing to be had.. I beat the game already I am done.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

............... lol.

I think his point is simply...

Me - Full min/maxed EWH = 21k HP

The random level 38 sorc I was just with, in level 33 GREENS (yes 33) = 25k hp

Working as intended? Really?

Im seriously considering buying bad green gear for the next 5 levels...

Edited by criminalheretic

I think his point is simply...

Me - Full min/maxed EWH = 21k HP

The random level 38 sorc I was just with, in level 33 GREENS (yes 33) = 25k hp

Working as intended? Really?

Im seriously considering buying bad green gear for the next 5 levels...

I did not say it was working as intended... i just stated that that was the idea of bolster.. if they got it wrong.... oh well.

My WH sniper has 20k hp in warzones, while my 50 jug in 47-49 gear (although purps, if that makes a difference) has 27k hp in dps spec (as well as max expertise). Either bolster isn't working right, or geared pvp players are suppose to suck until they hit 53-54 in the 30-54 bracket.

My WH sniper has 20k hp in warzones, while my 50 jug in 47-49 gear (although purps, if that makes a difference) has 27k hp in dps spec (as well as max expertise). Either bolster isn't working right, or geared pvp players are suppose to suck until they hit 53-54 in the 30-54 bracket.

Looks like the pts never changed one bit BW don't have a frikken clue

interesting.. sounds like it is indeed not working as intended. another bioware screw up >=/

lol at "fair" & "even" terms. You grind to rise in level, you grind to get BiS. Giving people stats that you earned makes the whole time and effort pointless. Bolster was meant to make lowbies competitive ENOUGH to hang in the larger pools of WZ levels. Ideally WZ would be grouped tighter 10-20, 30-40, etc. Obviously you'd never get a Que pop. And if the 2.0 Bolster gives PvE gear equal/better expertise in WZ , then PvP gear in PvE should give a main stat "bolster".

All I can say is the main reason I quit WOW was the way they handed out everything i spent years getting. I'm already getting that vibe in SWTOR.

That's the thing... the last time i checked expertise was suppose to make pvp fights last longer... not shorter.

The fact that they think it's a good idea to reduce dmg taken from expertise and deal more player dmg at the same time..... what's the point of having expertise in the first place?

With this kind of mindset ^, the pvp in this game is gonna remain crap.

Dude did you not read any of the **** I been saying. The fights are not longer at all , they ARE shorter, and **** is out of hand. *********** MMO noobs.

Get in there and play a game for yourself dude instead of talking about it on the forums... Obviously you don't pvp or you would have noticed some of this by now.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

in my fully augmented EWH set, I have ~2000 main stat

if I take literally every single item I have off (i.e., going completely naked), I gain 200 main stat, for a total of ~2200. in addition, my endurance and expertise go up, though I don't remember by how much

if this does not get patched before the 14th, Bioware has lost my sub.

Looks like the pts never changed one bit BW don't have a frikken clue

It has changed, but my guess would be they didn't test level 50 with BiS in the 30-54 bracket since almost all testing on the PTS was level 55. At level 55 I'm guessing the good level 50 gear will bolster like all the other gear people are using (or even at level 53-54 using the good 50 gear). So either just an oversight or just a straight up bug.

Edited by Zican

Is it a fact that something is messed up with bolster or are people not giving it a chance? -I was looking forward to pvp tonight after work =(

I know i read some concerns about bolster being bugged on PTS forums, and that ppl could run around naked etc - but i (stupidly?) assumed they obviously would have fixed that before pushing it on Live...

in my fully augmented EWH set, I have ~2000 main stat

if I take literally every single item I have off (i.e., going completely naked), I gain 200 main stat, for a total of ~2200. in addition, my endurance and expertise go up, though I don't remember by how much

if this does not get patched before the 14th, Bioware has lost my sub.

If they don't fix something they will lose my sub, this bolster system just doesn't feel right, and the fact you can pvp naked and have better stats.

If they don't fix something they will lose my sub, this bolster system just doesn't feel right, and the fact you can pvp naked and have better stats.

There should have been a gear check added after the nakid issues was found on the pts

Yeah im thinking the same thing tbh...

Yea it's a trainwreck. My PvP geared characters are in EWH/WH and are around 1600 expertise. Meanwhile my mid 30s guardian with not exactly up to date mods has 2k. Main stat and health are much higher as well.