Patch notes : Wind relics Fix (nerf)

TrixxieTriss

True.

I think some people think either getting gear is some sort of accomplishment (its not) or that the relics gave an unfair advantage (they didn't).

Speaking of which, anyone remember when they first introduced the reactive warding relics and they were bugged to make you immune to damage when they proc'd? One of the funnier weeks of PvP, up there with the troll-slash change.

I think some people think either getting gear is some sort of accomplishment (its not) or that the relics gave an unfair advantage (they didn't).

Speaking of which, anyone remember when they first introduced the reactive warding relics and they were bugged to make you immune to damage when they proc'd? One of the funnier weeks of PvP, up there with the troll-slash change.

Yes, Everyone had to get their hands on that relic to stay competitive xD

BioWare prioritizes their fixes according to 2 factors: How easy it is to fix the thing and how unintended it was, rather than considering the more important factors of how unfair/ exploitable/ imbalanced is the unfixed situation. This is why, (regardless if the wind relics were a good or a bad thing, they were insignificant either way, because if they are good everyone could use them and if not, it doesn't matter). They fixed it because apparently, it was the simplest unintended thing to fix, nothing more, nothing less.

BioWare prioritizes their fixes according to 2 factors: How easy it is to fix the thing and how unintended it was, rather than considering the more important factors of how unfair/ exploitable/ imbalanced is the unfixed situation. This is why, (regardless if the wind relics were a good or a bad thing, they were insignificant either way, because if they are good everyone could use them and if not, it doesn't matter). They fixed it because apparently, it was the simplest unintended thing to fix, nothing more, nothing less.

They fixed it because they made the pvp and pve populations a promise that no bolster gear would give any better stats bolster regardless of procs then end game gear. Nothing more nothing less..

You forgot two. If it has to do with the CM it gets priority over anything else. If it’s a credit exploit it gets the second amount of attention.

Both will usually be implemented within a day of them finding out. While everything else can take 12 months, if ever to get fixed.

I’m honestly surprised they did anything about the wind relics

You forgot two. If it has to do with the CM it gets priority over anything else. If it’s a credit exploit it gets the second amount of attention.

Both will usually be implemented within a day of them finding out. While everything else can take 12 months, if ever to get fixed.

I’m honestly surprised they did anything about the wind relics

You all keep forgetting one key factor the Devs made to the PVE and PVP community a promise. NO end game gear would have less stats then bolster gear. This includes event gear like last bolster exploit many pvpers took place in that event to get 15k more health stats and more crit and surge than end game gear. Which was a set of event legacy gear that if you did the event and got the gear This is why it was fixed...

This promise was made back when they re did the Bolster system to stop people from exploiting lowbie gear to gain advantages. The pvp community at the time was making BIS guides on how to gain advantages over people who just used end game gear. People complained to the Devs they acted to close those gear exploits.

So when some thing like this happens they have ask the community to report it. so it can be fixed. Making it so end game players who work hard in pve raids and in pvp. Have the gear advantage over players who goes to the gtn to gains advantage.. I am not surprised one bit the Devs fixed this. The wind relic are still viable in lowbies just not in ranked and REG 70 pvp. Although i see people still wearing them over 246 crafted relics....

Those relics were pretty funny lol

You all keep forgetting one key factor the Devs made to the PVE and PVP community a promise. NO end game gear would have less stats then bolster gear. This includes event gear like last bolster exploit many pvpers took place in that event to get 15k more health stats and more crit and surge than end game gear. Which was a set of event legacy gear that if you did the event and got the gear This is why it was fixed...

This promise was made back when they re did the Bolster system to stop people from exploiting lowbie gear to gain advantages. The pvp community at the time was making BIS guides on how to gain advantages over people who just used end game gear. People complained to the Devs they acted to close those gear exploits.

So when some thing like this happens they have ask the community to report it. so it can be fixed. Making it so end game players who work hard in pve raids and in pvp. Have the gear advantage over players who goes to the gtn to gains advantage.. I am not surprised one bit the Devs fixed this. The wind relic are still viable in lowbies just not in ranked and REG 70 pvp. Although i see people still wearing them over 246 crafted relics....

So they've kept one of their promises over the last 6 years and it was for something as menial as that???

/trolledhardbybiofail :rak_02:

• 2 weeks later...