Turn Ilum into AV

GroogOT

Simple as that. Do what WoW did for Alterac Valley and make Ilum into that. have ~24 people queue up on each side and have to fight through a LIVING map. Right now, there's nothing out there but a barren wasteland and walkers stomping in place and shooting past eachother. Put in more and the best result would be an Alterac Valley ripoff.

I for one would love it, with cross server queueing.

The whole "server community" idea never seems to work. Bring me a world wild community for PVP so I can test my skill against everyone. Only the unskilled and weak praise the server only PVP

I for one would love it, with cross server queueing.

The whole "server community" idea never seems to work. Bring me a world wild community for PVP so I can test my skill against everyone. Only the unskilled and weak praise the server only PVP

Uhm no. When I pvp I want to recognize people/guilds, I want to run into the guy that ganked me on Voss and wipe the floor with him, or salute the player whom I have been in many flashpoints with before I decapitate him. Has nothing to do with skill. There is a bit more social control too: people tend to remember you if they see you afk'ing in warzones consistently, which won't be the case with cross server.

That said, I'd like to see Illum as a cross between the original Alterac Valley and the queueing mechanic of that pvp island that came with Cataclysm.

Uhm no. When I pvp I want to recognize people/guilds, I want to run into the guy that ganked me on Voss and wipe the floor with him, or salute the player whom I have been in many flashpoints with before I decapitate him. Has nothing to do with skill. There is a bit more social control too: people tend to remember you if they see you afk'ing in warzones consistently, which won't be the case with cross server.

That said, I'd like to see Illum as a cross between the original Alterac Valley and the queueing mechanic of that pvp island that came with Cataclysm.

wanting your PVP limited only limits your skill and your enemies skill. Learn to evolve to all kinds of enemies if you want to get better. Unless you like being the big fish of a small pond

It has absolutely everything to do with skill. but go ahead and "wipe the floor" with that guy you met once

Edited by VoidSpectre

wanting your PVP limited only limits your skill and your enemies skill. Learn to evolve to all kinds of enemies if you want to get better. Unless you like being the big fish of a small pond

I play on a fairly competitive PvP server, so I am far from "the big fish" in the pond, a pond which is more like a big lake by the way.... :)

It has absolutely everything to do with skill. but go ahead and "wipe the floor" with that guy you met once

Or die trying.

Besides that fact that I strongly strongly believe any type of WZ ruins PvP in these types of games...

I would love this, as much as I stand by the above comment I did enjoy the OG Alterac Valley. I remember playing in an AV that ended up lasting over 24hours on my server. Logged in the next day and the same battle was going. Epic to say the least.