Hybrid Deception/Madness Thoughts

CelestialsDragon

1st - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bMZfhbRzZcrcRrMkb.2

2nd - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bcZfhMRzZfbcRrR0b.2

Here are my current build(s) : 4/14/23 - 5/14/22

The first one is one I found in the vastness of the interwebs and was described as a sustained burst using the damage bonus on maul from induction along with UK(Unearthed Knowledge) would not be a bad idea. Obviously using lightning charge and its discharge in order to proc Raze. Damage out put actually isnt that bad from what I have seen during my trial runs. Damage from Maul is outrageous while the constant ticking of your DoTs I realized this is indeed a "Sustained Bursty" build. Happy with the build I got a bit antsy with seeing surging charge sitting there on my skill bar and decided to modify the talents in order to use surging charge plus the 9% armor pen you get from charge mastery and made up the second one.

I was thinking with the 9% armor pen, the crit damage bonus on Trash from Claws of Decay along with the UK(Unearthed Knowledge) buff it would hit a lot harder than Voltaic slash. My findings have been just as I had thought. Trash was hitting about 1.5k each strike and critting over 2.2k.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome, I just thought I would share this and see what people think and or if anyone has even thought of these two builds.

P.S. Old Raze would be wonderful EA

I also dont remember where I saw the idea for the first build just FYI

neither of these builds perform better or even remotely as well as preexisting specs

I don't see eye to eye with this guy sometimes but I have to agree with him here. Although the build has potential to do good dps through thrash and maul, you're still susceptible to getting rooted or kited(force speed talent isn't enough to make up for off target time) and AoE.

I ran a similar spec for a while, get rid of the points in the Darkness tree and go up and get 20% increase to dot and DF damage, its a huge increase. Used to call this spec the Mad Maul spec. Go back a few pages on our forums and find a guide on this spec for pve, its not too shabby for pvp if your on the winning team lol. It has been proven however that full Madness build does have a slight dps edge due to the sustained damage that full Madness brings with another dot.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=564738

Edited by Xethis

I ran a similar spec for a while, get rid of the points in the Darkness tree and go up and get 20% increase to dot and DF damage, its a huge increase. Used to call this spec the Mad Maul spec. Go back a few pages on our forums and find a guide on this spec for pve, its not too shabby for pvp if your on the winning team lol. It has been proven however that full Madness build does have a slight dps edge due to the sustained damage that full Madness brings with another dot.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=564738

Thank You and yes I have seen that, I think thats what I originally saw which inspired my 2nd talent build on actually using Surging Charge with the talent UK(Unearth Knowledge). Just wanted to see what other people thought and if it was worth the damage I was dealing with Trash and Maul.

Thank You and yes I have seen that, I think thats what I originally saw which inspired my 2nd talent build on actually using Surging Charge with the talent UK(Unearth Knowledge). Just wanted to see what other people thought and if it was worth the damage I was dealing with Trash and Maul.

I think the hybrid you are referring to is the Shinarika spec, she ran a Madness hybrid that utilized Surging Charge for the Discharge. In my opinion it does not work as well. With out the Crackling Blast talent your Discharge is actually pretty weak. Definitely not worth getting rid of Raze for it. Raze's proc rate is amazing. It will always be there when you need it. On long drawn out fights, or boss fights you will see RNG kick in for the worse some times, but for pvp It will just about always pop twice with in the first 12 sec. Way more damage than a single Discharge from the Surging Charge.

Anyways, if you are going to go pve I would recommend referring to my guide for the Madness hybrid it will perform far better than you think. As far as pvp I would use the Wakajinn spec hybrid. It is probably what you are looking for as far as play style. You still get your DF, your Discharge from Surging Charge will hit quite hard, 4k-5k depending on Static Charges. Your Shock is good for 3.5k-5k depending on Chain Shock procs. And your only sacrificing a minor amount of damage from your Mauls/Assassinates by not having Unearthed Knowledge. Keep in mind that a 10% increase to your bonus damage is only about 4-5% actual damage increase. Even with out UK you will still see 6k Maul crits consistently.